Beale: “When we left we were four points ahead. There’s no way we’d have let them come past us. “

I'll say what I've said a few threads here:

We wouldn't have lost the league under Gerrard and Beale last year.

Yes they went on a great run but partly because Gio allowed them to by not only losing to them but getting absolutely pumped and giving them huge amounts of confidence. That wouldn't have happened under Gerrard.

We wouldn't have got Seville and maybe not a cup but the league would have been ours IMO, never a doubt about that.

I genuinely don’t think we would have lost the league, the evidence was there, we were on a long unbeaten run against them, there is no doubt we had the psychological edge over them too, there isn’t a hope in hell we would have capitulated at the Piggery the way we did either.

I genuinely don’t think we would have lost the league, the evidence was there, we were on a long unbeaten run against them, there is no doubt we had the psychological edge over them too, there isn’t a hope in hell we would have capitulated at the Piggery the way we did either.
He said on the pod that we always felt we had their number and full focus that year would have been on the league after going out of the CL as winning it meant guaranteed entry

Easy to say but we had already dropped points at home to Motherwell, Hearts and Aberdeen and were pretty poor.
And despite that we were 4 points clear with 3 old firms left.

How many points do you think we were taking from those 3 old firms left? I'd take a guess at 7 at the absolute minimum in all honesty, wouldn't surprise me if we got all 9.

I thought we were going to end up with an ex player. How many titles do Waddell, Grieg, McCoist, and Van Bronckhorst have between them? So at least that's a bonus.

When he left the team were playing absolutely rank. In fact straight after the title was won we were rotten right up till him and SG left.

Hagi, Tav, Aribo instantly spring to mind as not being able to hit their own arse at the time. Malmo performances were brutal.

It's a bit of a feelgood soundbite from him TBH.

I want a manager who will not accept the capitulations we've seen under Gio. Hopefully, if Beale is to get the job, he makes it absolutely clear that he will not tolerate that kind of performance against that lot.

Daft thing to come out with when he finished 9 and 13 points respectively in his 1st and 2nd season with us.

And despite that we were 4 points clear with 3 old firms left.

How many points do you think we were taking from those 3 old firms left? I'd take a guess at 7 at the absolute minimum in all honesty, wouldn't surprise me if we got all 9.
It's hard to say. They were still gelling when we played them at Ibrox and the game could have went either way. They were much better when we met them in February.

The unbeaten run against Lennon is as irrelevant as their run against Murty/Pedro/Warburton when Gerrard came in.

I'll say what I've said a few threads here:

We wouldn't have lost the league under Gerrard and Beale last year.

Yes they went on a great run but partly because Gio allowed them to by not only losing to them but getting absolutely pumped and giving them huge amounts of confidence. That wouldn't have happened under Gerrard.

We wouldn't have got Seville and maybe not a cup but the league would have been ours IMO, never a doubt about that.
If my Aunty had baws she’d be my uncle.

It's hard to say. They were still gelling when we played them at Ibrox and the game could have went either way. They were much better when we met them in February.

The unbeaten run against Lennon is as irrelevant as their run against Murty/Pedro/Warburton when Gerrard came in.
Total codswallop

4 points ahead of a team that had its worst start in Laudrup knows how long in fact of all time!!

That said still think we would have won the league and again if Beale does become Manager we support him and then some

And that was down to the manager. This squad of players showed them how they deserved to be treated under Gerrard.

Easy to say but we had already dropped points at home to Motherwell, Hearts and Aberdeen and were pretty poor.
Is my memory as well - and we were all set to lose at Hampden as well the day Gio was there and didn't fancy taking over just yet.

Three draws at home to Aberdeen and Motherwell and Hearts and a defeat to the butcher at Dundee Utd, lets not re-write history here.
Both managers forms for the season were almost identical game for game.Going on that factor alone shows that it's not straight forward.We might have lost the league if SG had stayed.
Would SG have beaten them under an established Postecoglu.Who knows and we will never know.
Vital points dropped with poor performances early in the season.They were sh#t and did a complete U turn and are still doing it.We plodded on under SG and continued under GvB.
If this squad isn't rebuilt we will stop plodding on and get worse regardless of the manager.

‘Them’.

He fvcking gets it.
Thats exactly what we need. When he was there we treated them like the shit on the bottom of our shoes. Then we have ended up with players getting bullied by Callum McGregor.

We played that game with our 3rd choice GK and 3rd choice right back and most of our coaching staff unavailable.

Gerrard's Rangers teams won games against Rodgers, Lennon, Kennedy and Fat Ange. The strange thing in trying to discredit wins over Lennon is that Walter lost more than a few Old Firm games against him.

Both managers forms for the season were almost identical game for game.Going on that factor alone shows that it's not straight forward.We might have lost the league if SG had stayed.
Would SG have beaten them under an established Postecoglu.Who knows and we will never know.
Vital points dropped with poor performances early in the season.They were sh#t and did a complete U turn and are still doing it.We plodded on under SG and continued under GvB.
If this squad isn't rebuilt we will stop plodding on and get worse regardless of the manager.
Yes, the players are underperforming we can get rid of as many managers as we want but we will still be left with players who do not work hard enough for our club.

Back