Beale and White Army

Totally understand why it's happening. It's as low risk as you can get, indeed the easiest option available to the board but that doesn't mean it's the wrong one.

What are the genuine alternatives right now? Who's taking on this challenge, 9 points behind, squad absolutely decimated and a full rebuild on a shoe string budget on the horizon.

The board know the players we have available right now will react well to Beale, we might be able to salvage something from this terrible season. Hopefully a cup, hopefully an Old Firm win or two.

The most important thing is we need to know Beale is here to completely rebuild our team.

He has a wealth of coaching experience.He knows the club, what it stands for and what the Rangers fans expect from their team. He already knows the players we have . Now that Europe is over it's only about domestic football and he knows Scottish football and what it takes to get the right result home or away. His wife and children enjoyed living up here. In my opinion If he's appointed there's nothing lazy about it. I believe it's the right move.
Yours sincerely
Mr T Casablanca
(Mr M Beales agent)

Saying it's a lazy appointment is also a lazy comment imo. Michael Beale isn't my first choice but what I would say is we are getting a guy who gets our ethos as a club, knows the standard we demand as supporter's and knows what's required to get a Rangers team over the line and win the league.

If he is appointed I'm sure everyone will be behind him and hopefully we get a response from the squad.

Kinda begs the question, in my mind anyways, if he's the right man for the job, why wasn't he offered it a year ago? Nevertheless, if it is to be, then go and make yourself a great Rangers manager Mr Beale

Kinda begs the question, in my mind anyways, if he's the right man for the job, why wasn't he offered it a year ago? Nevertheless, if it is to be, then go and make yourself a great Rangers manager Mr Beale
I'd rather someone with a years experience of being the main man. It's not long, but better than coming in completely raw.

I'm excited by this appointment, I'm looking forward to seeing who his backroom staff are and what they can achieve with the January window coming up.

If it's Beale he will get my full support as I just want Rangers to win and to do that we need to get behind whoever the manager is.
It’s inevitable now, so when it’s done I’ll be right behind him. Of course that won’t mean I have to pretend that I feel we’ve actually chosen the best available candidate.

It’s inevitable now, so when it’s done I’ll be right behind him. Of course that won’t mean I have to pretend that I feel we’ve actually chosen the best available candidate.
Yes, we have to get behind whoever it is I thought we would go for someone more experienced but even with that, there is always a risk.
Hopefully, he comes in a does well but we will still need a decent level of investment as our squads gone stale.

Yes, we have to get behind whoever it is I thought we would go for someone more experienced but even with that, there is always a risk.
Hopefully, he comes in a does well but we will still need a decent level of investment as our squads gone stale.
I have no clue how it’ll go personally. It’ll depend on how many of the current crop of underachievers he has to retain and if Ross Wilson can actually do his job properly for a change. So I’m not worrying right now, but I’m not confident either. This scum side is a different animal to what he faced last time out so he’ll need to be on his game and significant changes will need to take place that’s for sure.

I have no clue how it’ll go personally. It’ll depend on how many of the current crop of underachievers he has to retain and if Ross Wilson can actually do his job properly for a change. So I’m not worrying right now, but I’m not confident either. This scum side is a different animal to what he faced last time out so he’ll need to be on his game and significant changes will need to take place that’s for sure.
Yes, we need a clear-out.
They have improved but with Beale tactics is meant to be his strength so you hope he can combat the way they play as every team in Europe makes them look very average.

i’m in two minds. the memories have me excited. but i’m scared it’s just the same kind of wrong emotions based appointment as gvb but that could just be cynicism after the slog of this season. either way i’ll back him and we know he’s capable so i’ll try and ignore the cynical side of myself

I don't buy into the theory that this is typcial Ross Wilson move nor lazy, If Mick Beale does come in then he will come because he's deemed the best candidate for the job, both on a financial front and squad, I'd have preferred him to have a couple of years at QPR etc however with all the names in the frame not one of them knows the club like Beale, he wouldn't have been my choice however I will get behind him 100% if appointed.
I hope everyone gets behind him but it really isnt a difficult decision they have made.

Its almost like we werent playing turgid football and Gerrards move to Villa coming as a relief as we got paid for a managerial team we couldnt afford to sack.

There is no guarantee any managerial appointment will work but this is not a clear change of strategy.

1. I think all young Coaches are hungry and being British is an irrelevance. Highly rated as a Coach by a few but as a Manager unproven.

2. Perhaps given how bad Rangers had been allowed to become but thats a low bar.

3. Those two have long decided they want out and good riddance to them both. If we or Michael Beale are pinning our revival hopes on them its worse than we suspected.

4. Showing "them" no respect will draw the same application as showing "them" a lot or a bit. Lazy players who are disinterested should be dropped and left out. Gio did it with Morelos and Rangers instantly improve, then 5 mins later he brought him back and it reverted to previous.

5. Ghastly phrase which has been used to discuss the few weeks around the World Cup beginning/ending. Its hardly a lot of time to do much of anything and its not going to improve our selection options. Beale or whoever has the same poor crop Gio did.

6. Its much greener and always will be because of the exposure, money and future opportunities if you do well. If Beale does take the job I will be surprised given QPR seemed a good gig for a developing Manager but we shall see.

Please do not use Celt!c / Scottish Media phrasing to describe Rangers. With or without Michael Beale.

Its low class.

This is the sort of positivity we need!!

If it is to be Beale then so be it.

He is clearly a very good coach and, hopefully, will improve how we handle situations like corners. However, it is the kind of football we play that most concerns me. We need to change how we play if we are to get to the next level. Moving the ball across midfield, out to the wings and for the overlapping full back to cross it in isn't going to take us forward as a team or a club.

I know Beale was the real brains behind the Gerrard era, but I'm not keen on him becoming our next manager.

However, if he does get the job then I will back him 100%

Looks like it's soon to be official that Michael Beale is going to be Manager 18 for the famous. Forget the Naysayers.

It's time for the "Gerrard Express" type thread.

I think this will be a success because;
1. Young and hungry highly rated British coach.
2. Has kept up with the club and has mentioned how he keeps in contact with players. Will know where to make immediate improvements and can hit the ground running.
3. Was tremendous with Alfie and Kent last time, really got the best out of them.
4. He will show "them" no respect.
5. Has a "mini-preseason" to work with the players and identify key areas of weakness & improve our fitness.
6. Already knows the EPL grass isn't greener, so won't immediately want to work his ticket.

It's gloves off time. A return to "hunting in packs" the high press and more energy through out the match day squad.

Beale ball is back baby.

(If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.)
Great stuff. Lets get behind him. Lets Go!!

This is all about who his No.2 and coaching team is if he comes in. For the life of me I cannot see what Makaay and Vos actually brought to the Gio plan, we regressed massively in all departments when you'd think having that class of former striker at training in Makaay, would have been a godsend

Last edited:
Look we all new this would happen,one day,a lot of us on the forum said he would replace Gerrard,eventually,yeah it’s a lot sooner than expected,but for the people who aren’t 100% fully behind it yet I’ll say I remember the names getting mentioned when Souness left,and Walter Smith wasn’t amongst them.
That’s my hope if it’s Beale,that’s all I’m saying,history does have a tendency to repeat itself.Hopefully

Some amount off posters force feeding the Beale narrative
That's me rumbled. Received a call from Douglas Park earlier he said;

"Hello hello Private, we're needing to try drum up some support for the new gaffer. Reckon you can start a really silly thread on FF? Don't worry about people calling you out, no one would be stupid enough to think a thread called 'Beale and White Army' is a propaganda stich up to get them onside. Atta boy. Oh before you go, what size of a blazer do you take?"

Then we did an over the phone funny handshake and I came on here.

His being British means nothing - we’re not special as a nationality.

I hope Beale works out and he’ll have my full support but he isn’t exactly an exciting appointment.
Us British really are special as a nationality, so don’t get that wrong :)

That's me rumbled. Received a call from Douglas Park earlier he said;

"Hello hello Private, we're needing to try drum up some support for the new gaffer. Reckon you can start a really silly thread on FF? Don't worry about people calling you out, no one would be stupid enough to think a thread called 'Beale and White Army' is a propaganda stich up to get them onside. Atta boy. Oh before you go, what size of a blazer do you take?"

Then we did an over the phone funny handshake and I came on here.
Reported!

I didn't fancy GVB's appointment, and I don't fancy Beale either.
In truth though I can't think of anyone I'd want.
We as a Club, just seem phucked for the foreseeable to me.
I've turned into a grumpy, negative, auld man, since 2012

Called the bravest man in sport "Conk face".

1_19749506.jpg
Clock the two rhetards either side of Kennedy's head.....:eek:

I'm bealeling it
I'm bealeling a change
I'm bealeling it in the air
I'm bealeling it
I'm bealeling a change
I'm bealeling it in the air

Back