Beale and White Army

That's me rumbled. Received a call from Douglas Park earlier he said;

"Hello hello Private, we're needing to try drum up some support for the new gaffer. Reckon you can start a really silly thread on FF? Don't worry about people calling you out, no one would be stupid enough to think a thread called 'Beale and White Army' is a propaganda stich up to get them onside. Atta boy. Oh before you go, what size of a blazer do you take?"

Then we did an over the phone funny handshake and I came on here.
;) :))

Xmas just around the corner, Beale taking charge, jinglebeales...it's a sign.
Bring it on.

Can I ask this?

He was meant to be the tactics man and the football knowledge when he was with us so, when Gerrard said he was leaving ,why didn't Beale have confidence in this ability I keep hearing he has and just ask if he could be considered for the Rangers manager job and even state it would have kept some stability for the team as yet another reason why he should have been considered.

If he didn't have enough confidence in himself to believe he could be Rangers manager then, why is he the best choice now?
Maybe he wanted to coach in the PL?

Totally understand why it's happening. It's as low risk as you can get, indeed the easiest option available to the board but that doesn't mean it's the wrong one.

What are the genuine alternatives right now? Who's taking on this challenge, 9 points behind, squad absolutely decimated and a full rebuild on a shoe string budget on the horizon.

The board know the players we have available right now will react well to Beale, we might be able to salvage something from this terrible season. Hopefully a cup, hopefully an Old Firm win or two.

The most important thing is we need to know Beale is here to completely rebuild our team.
I don’t think there is any alternatives. But that’s because Ross Wilson hasn’t searched for any alternatives. IMO

Genuinely excited for his arrival and the new chapter.

League is gone, but make us competitive again, win us a cup and then batter the living shite out of "them" next season.
What is it with this "the league is gone" nonsense. We have 9 points to play against them and until it is arithmetical impossible then it's the old battle cry NO SURRENDER.

What does lazy appointment really mean in the grand scheme of things ?
"Ross, will we invite CVs and draw up a list of candidates from around Europe? We could do a bit of analysis and research into what we think we need, who might have it, their preferred style of play, what their situation is, how much they'd cost, what sort of wages and budget they'd likely want? Then we'll interview the ones we like and get an idea of their character and what their vision and -"

"I was just gonnae phone Mick."

"Oh. Right, ok then. Sounds good"

I don’t think there is any alternatives. But that’s because Ross Wilson hasn’t searched for any alternatives. IMO
What it says on the tin. Someone who has previously been connected to the club without really exploring any other avenues.
Finding a new manager is complex at the best of times, that goes for any club, I understand what you are saying however I struggle to believe other avenues haven't been explored or examined by Ross Wilson or the Board, our club no doubt a fantastic opportunity for many football managers in and out of work all over the world, that being said once negotiations begin with serious candidates some may feel that the opportunity is not right for them for many reasons, there's often huge demands from potential employees.. wage/managerial team/financial circumstances/transfer budget etc etc. There's absolutely no guarantee any highly experienced Manager will come in and be a success having never managed in Scotland before, many potential managers in todays climate look and need millions of investment for "their" players, Mick Beale knows 80% of the players, by all accounts he's a fantastic coach and well respected within the squad, we can ill afford some European random coming in and making another pigs ear of it, Dyche IMO will have been approached but he pretty much said he's waiting on EPL opportunities, absolute non starter right away. Beale wasn't even on my mind when the axe fell on Gio however sitting thinking about it and looking at the bigger picture I don't think Mick Beale being appointed is as bad as some are making out. Infact I'd go as far as saying I'd welcome it over some big name out of work foreigner.

MB would never expected the knock on his door to join us this early in his career.

I am sure he will take the opertunity and hopefully deliver.

Looks like it's soon to be official that Michael Beale is going to be Manager 18 for the famous. Forget the Naysayers.

It's time for the "Gerrard Express" type thread.

I think this will be a success because;
1. Young and hungry highly rated British coach.
2. Has kept up with the club and has mentioned how he keeps in contact with players. Will know where to make immediate improvements and can hit the ground running.
3. Was tremendous with Alfie and Kent last time, really got the best out of them.
4. He will show "them" no respect.
5. Has a "mini-preseason" to work with the players and identify key areas of weakness & improve our fitness.
6. Already knows the EPL grass isn't greener, so won't immediately want to work his ticket.

It's gloves off time. A return to "hunting in packs" the high press and more energy through out the match day squad.

Beale ball is back baby.

(If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.)
I hope you’re right but personally I don’t think it’s time to gamble with an unproven manager, it’s going to be very interesting who he brings with him as he needs an experienced RHM when times are not perfect.

My other thoughts were "The Beale Bus" , "Simply the Beale" or "We are The Bealeple" so I think we can all agree Beale and White Army was for the best.
Simply the Beale.I hope we start singing that and would love to see you sitting there all chuffed about it.
That's made my day that.

Sick of seeing this constantly mentioned on here.

Maybe he's the best man for the job. Time will tell.
Obviously you're sick of seeing the truth. He might be the best man by assessment of a charlatan DOF and a board not exactly astute at making good decisions, but this is Rangers and we should be recruiting the best manager possible and this isn't Mick Beale.

A real manager wouldn't work with Wilson he would be chased, so yes a cheap and very lazy appointment!

Can’t see him being successful in the short term but will we give him time took Gerrard 3 years first test Aberdeen needs to get a win or this place will be best avoided

You were asking, if I read it correctly, why didn't Michael Beale put himself forward for the job whereas, I'm wondering why we didn't offer him the job :p
Yes mate. I asked as you say, why didn't he put himself forward and you also have to wonder why the board didnt think when Gerrard said he was going about just offering Beale the role then either.

As I am with any manager (usually for far too long!) Beale will have my full and utter support. Of course there are the odd doubt that it will work out, but then I would say that is the case with every single manager on the planet. I think he's definitely the joint best option available along with Dyche, and probably both have equal pros and cons. Welcome back Beale!

If we can fit his name into that Links Rechts tune and mention how he hates the IRA, loved by all the chicks and something about 56 then I’ll be happy

believe+print+resized+web.jpg

If he gets confirmed, as expected, he will get the full backing of all bears. As it should be
Absolutely

One thing for sure we will return to peak fitness slacking won’t be accepted we will have a tactical plan

I’m looking forward to it

Absolutely

One thing for sure we will return to peak fitness slacking won’t be accepted we will have a tactical plan

I’m looking forward to it
Despite many folks concerns, mine included, what we will have will be a marked improvement on what we have now.

We all want the perfect manager. We won’t get him.

Is beale the best that we can get that’s available to us? Just maybe he is.

I want us to get back to the high press Beales said they had to stop it for me that means the players were not fit enough or young enough to keep it up.

Get more athletic players rather than stop a successful system we all liked.

People here are as boring as hell, so negative.

They just copy this “unimaginative” narrative that they’ve seen others spout.

To me I’m struggling to see who else is available that looks a better appointment. As you say, time will tell
There are many on FF who are quick to tell you if they don’t like someone/something but not so clever at suggesting a viable alternative - now THAT’S lazy and unimaginative.

Obviously you're sick of seeing the truth. He might be the best man by assessment of a charlatan DOF and a board not exactly astute at making good decisions, but this is Rangers and we should be recruiting the best manager possible and this isn't Mick Beale.

A real manager wouldn't work with Wilson he would be chased, so yes a cheap and very lazy appointment!
I haven't been sold on Beale either but I've went and read some articles on him and watched a couple of his interviews online. The more I learn about him the more I'm coming round to the idea of him being our manager.

Sometimes you don't need to look for a difficult solution when the best solution is right under your nose.

As I've said, time will tell whether it's a good move or not.

Every single last manager we will have will be a gamble. Going for experienced managers can fail. Going for unexperienced managers can win you leagues. Nobody knows what or how beales managerial natures will be. Lets just all get behind him and hope he gets us going again 1st and foremost. All the stuff about gerrards team fading and allsorts is ludicrous. Cause beale was part of it doesnt mean he would have agreed to everything gerrard done. Lets see what he has IF IT IS HIM

Looks like it's soon to be official that Michael Beale is going to be Manager 18 for the famous. Forget the Naysayers.

It's time for the "Gerrard Express" type thread.

I think this will be a success because;
1. Young and hungry highly rated British coach.
2. Has kept up with the club and has mentioned how he keeps in contact with players. Will know where to make immediate improvements and can hit the ground running.
3. Was tremendous with Alfie and Kent last time, really got the best out of them.
4. He will show "them" no respect.
5. Has a "mini-preseason" to work with the players and identify key areas of weakness & improve our fitness.
6. Already knows the EPL grass isn't greener, so won't immediately want to work his ticket.

It's gloves off time. A return to "hunting in packs" the high press and more energy through out the match day squad.

Beale ball is back baby.

(If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.)
Let's go, just hope the lazy b####£## in the dressing buy into it.

Finding a new manager is complex at the best of times, that goes for any club, I understand what you are saying however I struggle to believe other avenues haven't been explored or examined by Ross Wilson or the Board, our club no doubt a fantastic opportunity for many football managers in and out of work all over the world, that being said once negotiations begin with serious candidates some may feel that the opportunity is not right for them for many reasons, there's often huge demands from potential employees.. wage/managerial team/financial circumstances/transfer budget etc etc. There's absolutely no guarantee any highly experienced Manager will come in and be a success having never managed in Scotland before, many potential managers in todays climate look and need millions of investment for "their" players, Mick Beale knows 80% of the players, by all accounts he's a fantastic coach and well respected within the squad, we can ill afford some European random coming in and making another pigs ear of it, Dyche IMO will have been approached but he pretty much said he's waiting on EPL opportunities, absolute non starter right away. Beale wasn't even on my mind when the axe fell on Gio however sitting thinking about it and looking at the bigger picture I don't think Mick Beale being appointed is as bad as some are making out. Infact I'd go as far as saying I'd welcome it over some big name out of work foreigner.
I totally get your point mate. But I’m definitely leaning towards Wilson not approaching anyone bar Beale.

But then again, it’s conjecture.

Back