Beale and White Army

The point about hunting in packs is interesting. Beale spoke previously about playing that way in the early Gerrard era but it wasn’t sustainable playing 2 games per week. I expect him to focus on this between now and the end of the season for a quick improvement. I just wonder what he’ll think when he sees how unfit the squad has become this season.

Finding a new manager is complex at the best of times, that goes for any club, I understand what you are saying however I struggle to believe other avenues haven't been explored or examined by Ross Wilson or the Board, our club no doubt a fantastic opportunity for many football managers in and out of work all over the world, that being said once negotiations begin with serious candidates some may feel that the opportunity is not right for them for many reasons, there's often huge demands from potential employees.. wage/managerial team/financial circumstances/transfer budget etc etc. There's absolutely no guarantee any highly experienced Manager will come in and be a success having never managed in Scotland before, many potential managers in todays climate look and need millions of investment for "their" players, Mick Beale knows 80% of the players, by all accounts he's a fantastic coach and well respected within the squad, we can ill afford some European random coming in and making another pigs ear of it, Dyche IMO will have been approached but he pretty much said he's waiting on EPL opportunities, absolute non starter right away. Beale wasn't even on my mind when the axe fell on Gio however sitting thinking about it and looking at the bigger picture I don't think Mick Beale being appointed is as bad as some are making out. Infact I'd go as far as saying I'd welcome it over some big name out of work foreigner.
Why don’t you take your considered, rational viewpoint and stick it up Angies Japanese’ eye(s). B-)

Indeed. We know we’ll get someone with a deep level of coaching knowledge and fitness awareness who lives and breathes football, can communicate with the players, already knows whats required up here, won’t make us a laughing stock in Europe and knows whats expected.

All the stuff about a talisman being required from others ignores the fact that its a fat unknown route 1 manager across the way, not any towering figure of respect and authority.

I haven't been sold on Beale either but I've went and read some articles on him and watched a couple of his interviews online. The more I learn about him the more I'm coming round to the idea of him being our manager.

Sometimes you don't need to look for a difficult solution when the best solution is right under your nose.

As I've said, time will tell whether it's a good move or not.
Talk is cheap, we need a proven manager who has won titles and rebuilt a squad and can play attacking football.

Mick Beale if he was the brains of the Gerrard operation only had 1 trophy out of 10, Callum f ucking Davidson won more than that and we weren't the most exciting to watch either.

gn16.png
gn16.png

Talk is cheap, we need a proven manager who has won titles and rebuilt a squad and can play attacking football.

Mick Beale if he was the brains of the Gerrard operation only had 1 trophy out of 10, Callum f ucking Davidson won more than that and we weren't the most exciting to watch either.
OK, then he helped get us in to the Europa League 3 times in a row against all the odds and won us 55 while going the season unbeaten in the league.

We had a massive rebuild so anyone that expected us to win anything in the first year is deluded. We could see progress year after year and we eventually won the league to stop 10 in a row - that was massive pressure on the team.

If you listen to his interview with Darrell Currie, Beale says he was angry that we never won more because we only lost 3 games all season. He gets it and is hungry for success here.

All I'm saying is we need to give him a chance but then again he's got no chance with folk like you who have already made up their mind about him, and you will be waiting for the first dropped points to jump on here and shout about how you were right all along.

He's been dealt a shit hand with this squad but I trust him to rebuild it more than I did with Gio but he will need the summer to sort it out.

When he was linked with wolves we were like thats him out our reaction now.
Now he may be coming and were like . Oh he's not a great choice??
Were mental.

Seems weird how people were singing his praises when he was here but now appear to be underwhelmed.
I'm more optimistic with Beale than I initially was with Gerrard tbh.

It'll be a tough job trying to change the mentality of this team but I think he can do it especially if the board can use some of the funds from Bassey and Aribo to help him or we'll be struggling big time.

Looks like it's soon to be official that Michael Beale is going to be Manager 18 for the famous. Forget the Naysayers.

It's time for the "Gerrard Express" type thread.

I think this will be a success because;
1. Young and hungry highly rated British coach.
2. Has kept up with the club and has mentioned how he keeps in contact with players. Will know where to make immediate improvements and can hit the ground running.
3. Was tremendous with Alfie and Kent last time, really got the best out of them.
4. He will show "them" no respect.
5. Has a "mini-preseason" to work with the players and identify key areas of weakness & improve our fitness.
6. Already knows the EPL grass isn't greener, so won't immediately want to work his ticket.

It's gloves off time. A return to "hunting in packs" the high press and more energy through out the match day squad.

Beale ball is back baby.

(If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.)
He will also know the type of player we need in English divisions like another Aribo etc.

Bore off. I don't know whether MB will be what we need, but using that figure says more about you than anyone else. Context, is indeed, everything.

Clearly in the minority but delighted it’s Beale.

Can’t wait for him to get in and get going, I expect an immediate lift and we’ll win on Jan 2nd and then it’s all to play for and the rebuild begins.

The idea of Beale has slowly been growing on me over the course of the day. Wasn't overly enthusiastic at first but I'm starting to feel really quite positive about it. Who really knows , new managers all carry positives and risks but I'm buying a ticket and boarding the the Beale express... choo choo !!!

Back