Beale interview on SSN

Gerrard had plenty of disciplinary issues with Alfredo too mate.

I remember in Gerrard's first season, he got sent off at the piggery and we then went on a long unbeaten run, with Defoe up front and Arfield and Kent playing narrow behind him.
The 2-0 gubbing of them at Ibrox was part of that run and Alfredo couldn't get back in the team.

The following season, Morelos arrived back late from international duty and he missed the SC defeat at Tynecastle, when we'd to play Greg Stewart up front.

Both Gerrard and GvB have been let down by Alfredo's lack of professionalism and commitment to Rangers.
The 2-0 defeat to them at Ibrox was an absolutely criminal team selection from Gerrard. Morelos was molesting teams in Europe and had just scored the winner v Legia and Gerrard decided to play defoe. Every single person with a brain knows that was Gerrards single most mindboggling team selection.

Amazing how many posters have changed their tune after a few sound bites

Fickle bunch us lot :)

Nothing has changed, we've not even kicked a ball.

The new manager is saying the right stuff and there is a clear change in the way we are training but the proof will be when we take to the park and not just over the course of 1 game.

We didn't even hear the right stuff from GvB.

If Morelos can find the form he had under SG and Beale then keeping him is a no brainer.

Lets be honest, he’s one of a number of players whos standards dropped under Gio. I think that says more about the environment than the player.
Morelos stank the place out at the start of last season under Gerrard then actually came on to a bit of form under gio.

He’s done he’s made his money from us and he’s taking us for a ride until he signs for some shitey wee team who’s stupid enough to take him.

It’s a disgrace the stick he was getting on here before he was announced. One interview and the same folk are now creaming their pants.

The first game we drop points he’ll be getting slaughtered and all the reasons why he wasn’t wanted will be regurgitated.
It's always the same. Unconditional love and gurning...

The 2-0 defeat to them at Ibrox was an absolutely criminal team selection from Gerrard. Morelos was molesting teams in Europe and had just scored the winner v Legia and Gerrard decided to play defoe. Every single person with a brain knows that was Gerrards single most mindboggling team selection.

We beat them 2-0 mate and played them off the park.

I think you're maybe meaning the defeat the following season.

Last edited:
Watching it now and it’s superb however he’s very tight with Ross Wilson. That much is clear.
That could be good news tbh means he will tell him exactly who he wants
Not Wilsons biggest fan but outwith Matondo and Soutar the signings he made were good an everyone was raving about them.

Having read the interview now it’s as I feared.

If we’re honest no decent team will want Morelos so we can look forward to a new deal no doubt on ridiculous money.

Kent I’d rather see the back of too although his professionalism I can’t question, Morelos is a different situation.
Obsessed.

We beat them 2-0 mate and played them off the park.

I think you're maybe meaning the defeat the previous season.
The defeat the next season. The 2-0 win v them was when title was already done and the Bheasts had all but given up.

If you compare both games at Ibrox - Gerrard refusing to play Morelos from the start in that game was utterly mindboggling

I'll be surprised if he can turn Morelos around, think he wants the move, Kent , maybe, but again he has to want to stay and buckle down.

Of course, there is not much more he could have said on both players, he needs results.

I would be happy for Kent to stay if Beale can get more out of him which i think he will.

Morelos has let us down too many times now and think it would just be a matter of time before he done it again.

The defeat the next season. The 2-0 win v them was when title was already done and the Bheasts had all but given up.

If you compare both games at Ibrox - Gerrard refusing to play Morelos from the start in that game was utterly mindboggling

Yeah, I meant the following season.

That was a strange team selection and a terrible team performance.

I think Beale is very good at getting his point across and not dancing around questions like someone who’s media trained. Could be refreshing to hear it like it is from the Rangers gaffer going forward

I remember being in the Loudon and people being bemused by the team when it was on the screen pre match.

I remember being in the Loudon and people being bemused by the team when it was on the screen pre match.
Aye,

Mcgrgeor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Flanagan
Jack
Davis
Kamara
Arfield
Aribo
Defoe

Gerrard actually believed that team should play at home in an OF game. Absolutely mindboggling decision. A game everyone was right up for and believed we would win until we saw his line up. Still angers me to this day lol

This is a fresh slate, a lot of us were rightfully pissed off with certain players.

But if Beale can get them re-committed to the cause and giving everything and playing to their potential then that's great. For me there's serious question marks over Morelos because he's let us all down. He's treated the club and fans with contempt by not looking after himself and being unprofessional. As it stands right this moment, I'd happily take a fee in January.

Gio was unable to get anything out of Alfredo, but if Beale can work a miracle on that and get him firing then at the very least we might have an asset again to sell.

Equally Beale's relationship with Kent and his style of play will potentially bring the best out of him.

I'm backing Beale whatever his decision is, let's face it if these players start performing as the can and knuckle down and be part of a successful side, we'll all be happy.

Why do so many people think alfie wants to move. He's let himself down and he was thrown under the bus slightly under gvb, maybe even fairly.

But nothing indicates he wants to move. He is settled for the first time in his adult life, has a young family, friends, fame and fortune, he's not going to earn significantly more anywhere else so he has no huge payday to chase, you could argue he'd have more security at us than anywhere else.

He's in a massive dip after a bad injury, his fitness look has always been streaky as well but he always seemed far sharper after a few games on the bounce. He's not the only player like that in professional football.

I seriously doubt he would be looking to move. He'll want to stay here and max his contract and wage.

Why do so many people think alfie wants to move. He's let himself down and he was thrown under the bus slightly under gvb, maybe even fairly.

But nothing indicates he wants to move. He is settled for the first time in his adult life, has a young family, friends, fame and fortune, he's not going to earn significantly more anywhere else so he has no huge payday to chase, you could argue he'd have more security at us than anywhere else.

He's in a massive dip after a bad injury, his fitness look has always been streaky as well but he always seemed far sharper after a few games on the bounce. He's not the only player like that in professional football.

I seriously doubt he would be looking to move. He'll want to stay here and max his contract and wage.
He only doesn't want to move as no one would be interested in him in his current state. If a La Liga/EPL (or really any top 5 league) team made an offer, he'd leave in a heartbeat.

It will be criminal from the board if kent and Morelos get new congrats on their current terms.
What if they respond to the new manager and start playing much better? Would it still be criminal for them to sign new extensions?

You could argue it would be criminal to let two assets go for free, especially given the size of the rebuild elsewhere.

Personally if Beale can get them back to their best and they sign new deals I think we have won a watch.

What if they respond to the new manager and start playing much better? Would it still be criminal for them to sign new extensions?

You could argue it would be criminal to let two assets go for free, especially given the size of the rebuild elsewhere.

Personally if Beale can get them back to their best and they sign new deals I think we have won a watch.
It’s time to move both them on imo, we won’t win the league if those two players are still our main men in attack in 2022.

He only doesn't want to move as no one would be interested in him in his current state. If a La Liga/EPL (or really any top 5 league) team made an offer, he'd leave in a heartbeat.
But they aren't so he isn't... So I don't see your point.

If I had a tidy bird I'd be quite settled, if Shakira turned up at my door I'd be off in a hearbeat.

He wouldn't join a pishy bottom half club in a big league, he'd want something probably around European places and he's unlikely to get it even when he's at his best. He'll be more than delighted to get a decent contract and stay in the country he's settled in with his young family.

Morelos - IF he finds his form and fitness he is an asset but thats a key question
Can MB get the best out of him? will probably see what MB is about with regard to this

Kent i have no issue with him staying - i think MB will utilise him better
lately he has been standing up whilst others wilted

If we give them 4 year deals then someone poaches Beale in 2 years’ time, will they decide they don’t want to try again?

Kent’s maybe worth keeping but I am sick to the fucking back teeth of the Morelos circus.

It’s time to move both them on imo, we won’t win the league if those two players are still our main men in attack in 2022.
I think if both can find their form then extensions are achievable and acceptable, especially given they are still young enough and good enough to be considered multi million pound assets.

To me letting them both go for nothing makes no sense, unless of course they are determined to leave and simply won’t sign extensions, then there’s nothing we can do.

I think it’s fair to say we will have limited funds for a rebuild. I honestly think anyone expecting mass changes and a huge turnover of players will be left very disappointed, this will be done gradually, with the ageing players first to go.

Aye,

Mcgrgeor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Flanagan
Jack
Davis
Kamara
Arfield
Aribo
Defoe

Gerrard actually believed that team should play at home in an OF game. Absolutely mindboggling decision. A game everyone was right up for and believed we would win until we saw his line up. Still angers me to this day lol

Maybe that’s what caused Jordan Jones to lose his head too!

With regards to Kent and Morelos, I’d imagine that Beale will know pretty quickly whether they are “all in” or not.

If they aren’t I’d imagine he may move them on in January given his comments about putting people to the side who aren’t on board.

Kent I could accept as his fitness, attitude and professionalism has never been in doubt

Morelos is an absolute no though for me. Should be no way back. He’s chucked it under several managers now and has treated the fans with utter contempt and not for the first time and it certainly won’t be the last time.

We all know how Morelos works. We’re never far away from the ugly version of him appearing. The thought of offering him an extension on upwards of £30k a week would be utterly criminal and probably sum up our piss poor recruitment tbh

But they aren't so he isn't... So I don't see your point.

If I had a tidy bird I'd be quite settled, if Shakira turned up at my door I'd be off in a hearbeat.

He wouldn't join a pishy bottom half club in a big league, he'd want something probably around European places and he's unlikely to get it even when he's at his best. He'll be more than delighted to get a decent contract and stay in the country he's settled in with his young family.
Not a chance he rejects any offer from a decent league and really don't see why we should be offering him *another* big new contract given how he has performed recently.

Not a chance he rejects any offer from a decent league and really don't see why we should be offering him *another* big new contract given how he has performed recently.
Why would he take any offer going? Either he wants money and security or not, there's no more security or money going to an Everton or wolves and sitting on a bench and having 6 different managers in 3 years. We are relatively secure compared to most other options. Ifthr likes of top 6 clubs in England or 3/4 in Spain Italy Germany, Porto, lille/lyon etc don't want you then you're way better staying at Rangers where you get equal wages, spotlight, Europe.

Because if a team from a big league want him then he's worth something and worth something to the club... You're not making a terrible amount of sense.

Kent would need some replacing, he still remains, it has to be said, one of our best players; even on a bad day, he has it in him to do things other players can't.

I’d be more confident of him turning it around and committing to a new deal under Beale than I would Morelos.

Done more in 1 interview than Gio did in a years worth.

Only concern is he’s overestimating the ability of this squad.
Two points, as he stated this team got to the Europa league final and won the league. (Few additions and subtractions granted).

Secondly. How would you perform in your work if a new gaffer came in and said you’re all absolute garbage and I’m going to get rid and done so across the entire work force. Would you be motivated to work harder or think who’s this guy to slate me when he doesn’t know the ins and outs.

Publicly he’s correct to say as he did, behind the scenes hopefully he’s not short in letting folk know that vast improvement is needed and working on a recruitment strategy for the ins and outs.

Back