Beale interview on SSN

I like Hagi mate. I just think sadly our league suffocated him a bit and the nature of his injury he might be better off in a more technical league like Holland , Belgium or serie A.

Time will tell and you may well be right.
As I said, it will depend on how he performs, when fit.

He'll certainly have stiff competition from Tillman, Lawrence and Arfield, for an attacking midfield start.

If he keeps too many of the old guard his career will end here pretty rapid.

The group needs torn apart and replaced with young hungry footballers

Sounds like he thinks he can get a tune out of what we have which was always the issue with taking Beale
I don’t think he will keep them all. I don’t think it will be quite as drastic as some think though.

A rough idea on what I think will happen come summer -

Davis, Arfield and McGregor will retire.

McLaughlin, Borna, Jack Wright Helander Roofe and Sakala sold/moved on.

Tillman and sands back to their parent clubs without buying.
Alfie allowed to run down contract.

I think Kent will renew. Just a hunch.

That’s possibly 12/13 players give or take that I think we will lose in the summer.

I don’t think Beale will be looking to sign 12 to replace them. It will be quality over quantity I think he will promote a couple within from the B team. And I think we will sign six or seven good quality Bosnians/affordable transfer fees in key positions , GK , CM, CH, CF and RW bare minimum.

Our squad is too bloated and old and it won’t do any harm to have such a change happen.

However we will still be keeping a core of

Mcrorie, Tavernier, Yilmaz, Goldson, Davies, Souttar, King, Lawrence, Lundstram, Kent, Colak, Matondo, Lowry, Hagi.

It’s going to be interesting.

I don’t think he will keep them all. I don’t think it will be quite as drastic as some think though.

That’s possibly 12/13 players give or take that I think we will lose in the summer.

I don’t think Beale will be looking to sign 12 to replace them. It will be quality over quantity I think he will promote a couple within from the B team. And I think we will sign six or seven good quality Bosnians/affordable transfer fees in key positions , GK , CM, CH, CF and RW bare minimum.

Our squad is too bloated and old and it won’t do any harm to have such a change happen.

Mcrorie, Tavernier, Yilmaz, Goldson, Davies, Souttar, King, Lawrence, Lundstram, Kent, Colak, Matondo, Lowry, Hagi.

I do wonder if McCrorie will be the number 1 for the remainder of season

It absolutely won’t be as drastic as some think.

We just can’t afford it for a start.

Plus Januis always difficult to get good plain without paying a premium, which again, we can’t afford.

He wasn't ran into the ground.

He had a minor muscular injury that would've cleared up during the international break, but Morelos went to Colombia and aggravated the injury into a grade 3 tear, which needed surgery.

It was nothing to do with Gio and was totally self inflicted.
He was ran into the ground mate,injured in Belgrade went off the pitch then came back on,everyone at the game screaming for him to come off,played injured at Dundee days later.

Nope, that’s not completely accurate.

He was carrying an injury and yes could have done with sitting out a game or two but games were coming thick and fast with playing in the EL almost constantly, as well as crucial league games.

Could he have been left out at Dundee? Possibly. But if he was left out and we got knocked out the cup, Gio would have been slaughtered for it.

Morelos chose to travel to Colombia knowingly carrying an injury.

Morelos chose to take part in a training session for Colombia less than 48 hours after coming off at Dens Park with an ice pack clearly visible on his thigh area IIRC

Morelos, like other players did so last season, could have told Colombia he was injured and wasn’t capable of taking part in training.

The chances of Colombia demanding he travelled across the world to assess him to make sure he wasn’t lying, is extremely slim. Many of Morelos fan club continued to peddle that he’d have been called over anyway despite evidence to the contrary of other players that when stating they’re injured, don’t get called to their country to provide it.

Many countries and clubs operate on a mutual trust basis.

But like as always, he put country over club and it ended up with him missing our EL Final run in.

He’s entirely entitled to put country over club if he wishes but he won’t get any leeway from me and other fans by doing so. If some wish to rewrite the events of how he got injured they can do so.

And the reason he’s not had a lot of game time is due to several factors this season.

1. His attitude
2. The disgraceful state he returned to pre season in.
Rangers will always come 2nd to Colombia with Alfie. Always.

Don't forget he missed the trip to the Piggery in February for a Colombia match and the manager didn't even strip him.

He wasn't ran into the ground.

He had a minor muscular injury that would've cleared up during the international break, but Morelos went to Colombia and aggravated the injury into a grade 3 tear, which needed surgery.

It was nothing to do with Gio and was totally self inflicted.
He really was. Went down at Ibrox and in Belgrade in the games v Red Star holding his thigh, Gio decided to play him in between they two games in a cup game v Dundee when Roofe was on the bench and then played v Dundee the game after Belgrade away.

He was ran into the ground mate,injured in Belgrade went off the pitch then came back on,everyone at the game screaming for him to come off,played injured at Dundee days later.

It was still a minor injury mate and the plan was for him to recover during the international break.

However, he went Colombia and aggravated a tight thigh into a grade 3 tear.

Don't even start me on his commitment to his rehab plan.

It was still a minor injury mate and the plan was for him to recover during the international break.

However, he went Colombia and aggravated a tight thigh into a grade 3 tear.

Don't even start me on his commitment to his rehab plan.
A minor injury that forced him off the pitch twice playing the Dundee game heavily strapped?

He travelled injured to Columbia let’s not get it twisted.

A minor injury that forced him off the pitch twice playing the Dundee game heavily strapped?

He travelled injured to Columbia let’s not get it twisted.

I'm not twisting it mate, I've supported Alfredo plenty on here in the past, when I feel he's been wrongly criticised.

He travelled to Colombia with a minor muscular injury and returned with grade 3 tear that required surgery to reattach the muscle and tendon.

His injury was hugely aggravated in Colombia by the training he did out there.

I'm not twisting it mate, I've supported Alfredo plenty on here in the past, when I feel he's been wrongly criticised.

He travelled to Colombia with a minor muscular injury and returned with grade 3 tear that required surgery to reattach the muscle and tendon.

His injury was hugely aggravated in Colombia by the training he did out there.
Agree to disagree,Rangers said in a statement he was injured In Columbia which was bollocks and called out by everyone at the time.

Rangers will always come 2nd to Colombia with Alfie. Always.

Don't forget he missed the trip to the Piggery in February for a Colombia match and the manager didn't even strip him.
You do understand that players can't just say they aren't coming for International fixtures, and that the international teams have precedence over domestic football?

You do understand that players can't just say they aren't coming for International fixtures, and that the international teams have precedence over domestic football?
Yeah. I also understand that players can say to managers 'don't pick me if you're not going to play me, we've got a pretty big game'. He didn't even strip him. It was a huge show of disrespect to club and player.

Yeah. I also understand that players can say to managers 'don't pick me if you're not going to play me, we've got a pretty big game'. He didn't even strip him. It was a huge show of disrespect to club and player.
Players can say what they want, if the international manager says you travel, you travel. Injured or not.

A FIFA international match window, he couldn’t just pull himself out for no reason.
Yes he could, he was injured.

In the same window, Rogic withdrew from the Oz squad citing injury and played in that lots next fixture.

Clubs and countries generally operate with mutual trust.

Morelos chose to go to Colombia and take part in training. That’s on him, no one else.

Agree to disagree,Rangers said in a statement he was injured In Columbia which was bollocks and called out by everyone at the time.
He didn’t travel to Colombia with a tear and requiring surgery.

So Rangers were correct, that occurred in Colombia.

Your attempts at rewriting history is to be admired though.

Back