Beale interview on SSN

True Blue Avenger

Just on 10 minutes ago, anybody catch it?

Thought it was a really good interview. I know its all just talk at the moment but he is quite an engaging character and comes across as really driven. Spoke well, addressed the loyalty / qpr exit questions honestly and didn't miss a chance to put over how huge a club we are.

Couple of things I liked in particular:

- when asked about his approach to the players changing now that he's manager as opposed to coach, he said he was never that close with the players before (in terms of friendly) and was probably the biggest moaner / disciplinarian of the group. Will be looking each player in the eye to make sure they're committed to the club and willing to put the graft in. So maybe he does have the ruthless streak in him after all...

- Said that the squad isn't as broken as people thinks it is. Obviously injuries played s huge part in our form under gio but not looking to use that as an excuse going forward.

I've been firmly in the "underwhelmed" camp when it comes to his appointment. But I'm.starting to warm to the idea and can see that he's not short on self-confidence that he's the man to get us back on track

Thought it was a really good interview. I know its all just talk at the moment but he is quite an engaging character and comes across as really driven. Spoke well, addressed the loyalty / qpr exit questions honestly and didn't miss a chance to put over how huge a club we are.

- when asked about his approach to the players changing now that he's manager as opposed to coach, he said he was never that close with the players before (in terms of friendly) and was probably the biggest moaner / disciplinarian of the group. Will be looking each player in the eye to make sure they're committed to the club and willing to put the graft in. So maybe he does have the ruthless streak in him after all...

- Said that the squad isn't as broken as people thinks it is. Obviously injuries played s huge part in our form under gio but not looking to use that as an excuse going forward.

I've been firmly in the "underwhelmed" camp when it comes to his appointment. But I'm.starting to warm to the idea and can see that he's not short on self-confidence that he's the man to get us back on track
You wouldn’t last 2 seconds in Brazil if your a pushover as they would throw you to the wolves especially being an outsider in Their country.

Any interview he does is top notch. He doesn’t just use words or cliches for effect. He expresses ideas very well and you believe him when he speaks because he is so enthusiastic and engaging.

I think this will be the principle benefit that we see with the current squad - engaging training sessions with a manager who is able to clearly get his point across, and players that subsequently buy into it.

I’m in the same boat. Wasn’t too keen on Beale but the more I see and hear from him it gives me more confidence.

Especially when you hear rumours of the players being delighted to have him back then I think we will see a big change pretty quickly.

He comes across great and you can understand why clubs are interested in him despite having no managerial experience. Results are the main currency at Rangers though so all the talk of systems, tactics and fitness will be forgotten about once we get back to playing.

I would love to see him succeed here as he looks to get what Rangers is all about and hasn't taken the easy option to stay in England. I just hope he gets backed properly in January and isn't let down like the previous 2 managers.

It’s on Beale if he doesn’t improve things drastically he won’t be long till he’s gone either saying that he needs proper financial backing but i am not convinced he will get it.

I think Beale and his family really took to living up here and Rangers as they were always posting about walks and hikes they had been on.
I think they were really settled before the move with Gerrard.
Was listening to a few podcasts with MB.

He said he was settled and loved it here, his daughter was born here and I think he said her name was Alba.

He only moved his family back down south in February from the November when he left which says alot.

And finally he said his two favourite Rangers players were Gazza and Laudrup which suggests to me he has a real proper love for the club like all of us.

All aboard :D

Was listening to a few podcasts with MB.

He said he was settled and loved it here, his daughter was born here and I think he said her name was Alba.

He only moved his family back down south in February from the November when he left which says alot.

And finally he said his two favourite Rangers players were Gazza and Laudrup which suggests to me he has a real proper love for the club like all of us.

All aboard :D
Yes. I watched his podcast with the Currie club and it was interesting it was basically him doing an interview for the Rangers job.

I think he is wrong about the squad not being as broken as we think.It is broken on so many ways.He needs to rip it up because if he continues with these duds then it will simply continue to stagnate.

He's not going to say "there are half a dozen of this mob who have sh@t the bed and need punted".

Fresh start for all - who is going to take their chance ?

Good interview from him. Most the key points are highlighted by the OP.

I really like that he focused on the point that he's only interested in those in the group that want to go on the journey with him, and the others can "step to the side". Ruthless.

Also he managed the change of narrative for leaving QPR because Rangers is an "impossible" job to turn down, not just a better opportunity, and more money, like Wolves might have been.

I think he is wrong about the squad not being as broken as we think.It is broken on so many ways.He needs to rip it up because if he continues with these duds then it will simply continue to stagnate.
I think that's just him giving a simple answer to a question. He's not going to sit there and say the squad is terrible and it needs ripped up. If he does that he's lost the dressing room before a ball is kicked.

You wouldn’t last 2 seconds in Brazil if your a pushover as they would throw you to the wolves especially being an outsider in Their country.
Mibby worth bearing in mind they were sacked after 6 months due to sao paulo being in the relegation zone.

Enjoyed that. I was on the 'cautiously optimistic' side before the announcement, but that there gave me the belief he knows what needs doing and will be the man to do it. Jury's obviously still out, but the man has my 100 percent support.

Can the World Cup get over and done with already so we can get back to business!

Really impressed with what he says in regards to standards and not being friends with the players etc. Hopefully that squashes all the jobs for the boys comments. He sounds like he's going to go right through these players and lets be honest that's what they need.

I'm actually getting swayed by him now. The first few games will be interesting to see if the players 'get' his way of playing. Not expecting perfection right away, far from it.

We just need something as a fanbase to hang on to if we do drop a couple of points to begin with

As a bear every time we buy someone or appoint someone I am desperate for them to be a success. I was right behind Gio but by the end it was high time he left.
My big concern is I think Beale is a gamble at a time when we can’t affird to have a punt. Every league they win puts them further away from us financially. We are already playing catch up after the last decade when they filled their boots while we struggled to get back.
Having said all that I can’t really see a safe option when it comes to the managers job but we really need this to pay off. If this board don’t support him with cash we can’t point the finger at the manager. The next 18 months are really going to define our future

I’m in the same boat. Wasn’t too keen on Beale but the more I see and hear from him it gives me more confidence.

Especially when you hear rumours of the players being delighted to have him back then I think we will see a big change pretty quickly.
If the rumours the players are delighted to have him back would maybe suggest they "downed tools" under GVB.
I'm not happy with that.
They better get their fingers out and produce all round better performances for MB.
Still a few of the current players needing moved on.
I wish the new manager all the very best of British luck.

If the rumours the players are delighted to have him back would maybe suggest they "downed tools" under GVB.
I'm not happy with that.
They better get their fingers out and produce all round better performances for MB.
Still a few of the current players needing moved on.
I wish the new manager all the very best of British luck.
People are always going to underperform under a failing manager that they are disillusioned with. It happens the world over in football and in normal working life.

Back