Beale interview on SSN

Speaks very well. More than just the usual soundbites. Proof of the pudding and all that is still to come.

I think he is wrong about the squad not being as broken as we think.It is broken on so many ways.He needs to rip it up because if he continues with these duds then it will simply continue to stagnate.
In many ways i think you are correct, the squad needs to be gutted as we have slipped past a 'freshening up' windows ago, domestically the performances have been so lacklustre, stale is being kind.

Realistically though, we aint getting a full new squad.

So MB needs to revitalise those we need to keep. Get the new hires fit and firing. Make the absolute most of every penny we have to spend.

It is going to be interesting.

Having just watched that, and having been behind Dyche to get the job, and having been probably one of the biggest supporters of Gio, I am happy to say I am fully on board the Beale train.

I do think he has was it takes. My main worry was around how long it takes to get there, but that's offset somewhat by the fact that he can surely get more from this same core of players he worked with for 3 years.

He's got me excited again.

Fantastic interview, literally let a massive yyyyyaaaassssss at the end of it.

It’s the wee things that managers say that makes that bit of a difference. When it transpires onto the football park, that’s when we become successful.

Wasn’t my first choice but fully behind Michael Beale. Literally read every article and watched every interview possible and I like what I see and hear. Met him the day he was up for the Aberdeen match. He loves this club, he knows what it stands for and means. He briefly talked about his family, kids and missus especially and how much they love it here.

Only disappointing thing now is the wait. Bring on Hibs, let’s go out and maul them.

He certainly talks the talk but we’ll soon see if he can walk the walk. I’m not expecting miracles immediately because, despite what he HAD to say ( he couldn’t call them a shower of shite, could he?), this squad IS broken. So he’s limited in what he can do with what he’s got, he’s unlikely to get much spending money in January so all he can do is start to implement a better, more effective game plan and tactics and get them to at least show some hunger & desire. That will do for starters.

I think he is wrong about the squad not being as broken as we think.It is broken on so many ways.He needs to rip it up because if he continues with these duds then it will simply continue to stagnate.
We all know this, but he’s not going to say it publicly as he needs to get a tune out of these players until February earliest and possibly May/June depending transfer activity.

Big them up in public. Get their confidence up and hopefully we get good performances and a lot of wins.

Watching Beale interact with players he has coached on twitter he always comes across as focussing on the praise but always saying you have reached this milestone well done, now you need to work hard to get to the next one. Hes a positive guy, that will be why he mentioned the EL final on numerous occasions, remind them what they done, and push them to achieve the levels again.

He said alot of really positive stuff, especially the part about not being pals with players which is really important.

I do agree though that this group of players are done bar one or two.

I understand that Macky but could be seen as cheating the fans which is unacceptable.
Of course, it's cheating the support they also represent Rangers as well who they are happy to let down.

I have to say we will look back at GVB and his time in charge and remember fondly the highs of the Europa run to the final, winning our first Cup, again in years, also qualifying for the Champions League.

Posters who call that failure are a bit silly.

Any interview he does is top notch. He doesn’t just use words or cliches for effect. He expresses ideas very well and you believe him when he speaks because he is so enthusiastic and engaging.

I think this will be the principle benefit that we see with the current squad - engaging training sessions with a manager who is able to clearly get his point across, and players that subsequently buy into it.
Very impressive guy. Seems like his family, as well as himself were really settled in Scotland, which is good news for us.

We all know this, but he’s not going to say it publicly as he needs to get a tune out of these players until February earliest and possibly May/June depending transfer activity.

Big them up in public. Get their confidence up and hopefully we get good performances and a lot of wins.

That's exactly what he is trying to do.

We've been devoid of confidence this season, obviously some of the players aren't going to be good enough in the long term. But he needs results in the here and now. If he doesn't start and finish his half season here well, he'll be a dead man walking in the summer, as much as people say they're done with this squad, how they perform between now and the end of the season, colours greatly how people will feel about Beale's future at the club.

Fans often say they want a manager to be brutally honest with them and that they'd back the manager if he rung changes early doors but that's seldom the case. In our case it's not financially viable, we aren't going to sell 10 players in the winter and sign 10 to replace them, very few teams can do that. Also Pedro springs to mind, came in and basically said he wasn't keen on a lot of the players in the squad early on and the players never got behind what he was trying to do. Subsequently he was a deadman walking in the summer.

People need to be careful what they wish for. Also, we've all watched football long enough to know that a fresh pair of eyes and a new impetuous can bring out the best in some players. A lot of our underperforming summer signings are young guys, playing in a very difficult situation. He could revive a few of them.

It may well be, but if you are the manager, you dont tell the world that. Why demoralise a broken team even further? He's trying to pick them up. He aint gonna pick them up telling the world "They are all broken, shit and we need rid of them in the January transfer window. Ive told Ross to get me a new squad"

From being told they were not good enough, and not able to compete at CL group level, Beale reminds everyone, especially the players that this squad was in the EL Final only six months ago That's a very good way to start his time as manager right now.
This stood out a mile for me. It was like Gio hit a switch to the players off the second he said he can't complete at cl. He was finished from that game.

I’m in the same boat. Wasn’t too keen on Beale but the more I see and hear from him it gives me more confidence.

Especially when you hear rumours of the players being delighted to have him back then I think we will see a big change pretty quickly.
The fact this squad is "delighted" to have him back is a red flag to me.the majority are lazy,entitled ,weak minded, chancers.Best advice I would give Beale would be to hunt the vast majority.Not only has this squad short changed GVB ,they have short changed us fans .

Spoke very well. Backing those players that give their all and if they don’t then they won’t be picked. I sensed a passion to do his very best and ultimately given how flat it has been for a while, I hope the players can respond. Words in to action now but we need to get right behind and help him get through the inevitable challenging times ahead.

The fact this squad is "delighted" to have him back is a red flag to me.the majority are lazy,entitled ,weak minded, chancers.Best advice I would give Beale would be to hunt the vast majority.Not only has this squad short changed GVB ,they have short changed us fans .
The thing is it has to be a gradual thing as we cannot dump them all at once.
But we cannot have players dictating who manages them or whether they feel they should stay in shape or not.

Really good interview and I genuinely think he will be a success ,one thing for sure is the man is committed and driven to make us a proper team again.

To be perfectly blunt, no Rangers supporter can watch that and not feel stirred. I hope for his and our sake he's absolutely ruthless with the squad but equally humble to know when he can do things better/differently. Those two qualities alongside his obvious talent and passion for our club and he can't go wrong.

The part about friends is great to hear.

Having listened to a few of Beale’s interviews, he sure likes to moan but for all the right reasons and he certainly doesn’t hold back. His reaction to the Huddersfield defeat is why you want to hear.

Yes, they cannot pick and choose who they play for when they represent Rangers.
If you was to offer certain players in our team two scenarios; a one nill win or a 4-3 loss but they score a hat-trick they would take the 2nd scenario. MB will find these guys out and kick them out of our club, we aren’t here just to push a players assist or goal tally up.

If you was to offer certain players in our team two scenarios; a one nill win or a 4-3 loss but they score a hat-trick they would take the 2nd scenario. MB will find these guys out and kick them out of our club, we aren’t here just to push a players assist or goal tally up.
I think we have a squad of players who hold a bit too much power Beale will have to reign that in and show them right away who the boss is going by his interview he wants to do that.

I think that's just him giving a simple answer to a question. He's not going to sit there and say the squad is terrible and it needs ripped up. If he does that he's lost the dressing room before a ball is kicked.
Correct on all fronts.

He's going to try get the confidence back into some of the players to try get them playing like themselves again.

Those that are lost causes and can not, or will not, be built back up again, will be shown the door.

Biggest thing for me in that interview is that he has the support of his wife and young family who he says are very happy and settled in Glasgow.
The importance of that cannot be overestimated.
Really looking forward to his tenure as the 18th manager of the fantastic institution that is Glasgow Rangers.

Back