Beale interview on SSN

I just hope he gets control of who we bring in, I think him being here previously and seeing the types of player that has worked and the ones that havnt will be a massive plus. The recruitment has to get better. I think Beales knowledge of the game down south and contacts down there will see us hopefully get another Aribo or Bassey type, young hungry players ready for our game but driving to that next level.

He needs to get this group as fit as he possibly can, get them fighting for each other and then chop the deadwood from the group. Replace them with quality and go after those mutant fuckers across the city

Any interview he does is top notch. He doesn’t just use words or cliches for effect. He expresses ideas very well and you believe him when he speaks because he is so enthusiastic and engaging.

I think this will be the principle benefit that we see with the current squad - engaging training sessions with a manager who is able to clearly get his point across, and players that subsequently buy into it.
I imagine he won’t be telling one of the most skill full players in team Kent that tricks are for the circus like the last management team did and you could see Kent’s shoulders slump straight away.

I get the impression he will get the best out players and be a far better communicator and man manager than gio ever was.

Personally my main gripe with GVB is, he wasn't getting best out of what we have. I believe we could be doing much better than we have for majority of season.
There would be plenty of us in various lines of employment where you don't want to get out of bed to go to work because of some dickhead team leader, leading hand, supervisor, manager etc, under Gio we somehow lost our passion.

Yes their professional, but it looked to me like they just turned up clocked on did what they had to and clocked off.

Now we will see if MB can get them enjoying training, different tactics and not been told they weren't good enough to play in the CL by their own manager.

That's when things really started to go south, if MB does get a tune out of the players it's a sad indictment on them, but they are human like the rest of us, he obviously thinks he can and I hope he can, we need to be back challenging.

Speaks incredibly well. I have no doubt he will galvanise and a good run over festive period will happen.

No pessimism, but for me league is gone. What I want to see is fluency, an understanding and buy in tactics. Significant uptick from all.

What we will see is all of above bar only uptick from some.

To that end, he needs time and patience from all. As an example, 4 December games in 13 days - get 12 points?

Incredible.

Get 9, doesn’t need an 87534 page thread on not looking further abroad.

He’s here to stay and I firmly believe that comes with caveats short-mid term that will see improvements before the summer.

He’s bound to feel some pressure to deliver success if he’s moved the family back to the area. Can’t be getting sacked anytime soon and being forced to move again. He’s here for the long term.

Excellent interview. He spoke very well and appears to have a hunger to shake things up, something that’s desperately needed.

Enjoyed that. I think we’ve got ourselves a right good coach, highly respected and on the up career wise, who genuinely wants to be Rangers manager and will work his socks off to make it successful. Lots to be positive about with his appointment.

I think he is wrong about the squad not being as broken as we think.It is broken on so many ways.He needs to rip it up because if he continues with these duds then it will simply continue to stagnate.
This was my biggest worry about Beale getting the job.

That he’d put his faith in these players again despite the fact they’ve let us down so many times.

After hearing his interview, I suspect the rebuild 99% of us can clearly see we need in the summer, won’t be happening and it’ll be a limited turnover of players with us having to put up with many of the current players for more years to come.

Guys like Morelos should be out the door for his behaviour under Gio.

Guys like Roofe, Jack, Helander, McGregor, Arfield, Davis all thanked but waved out the door.

Sadly I suspect he’s taken the job on the basis of believing he can get this squad back to similar levels in our 55 season with maybe a few additions to help. If that’s the case, it’s only going to end one way and that’s badly.

That he’d put his faith in these players again despite the fact they’ve let us down so many times.

After hearing his interview, I suspect the rebuild 99% of us can clearly see we need in the summer, won’t be happening and it’ll be a limited turnover of players with us having to put up with many of the current players for more years to come.

Guys like Roofe, Jack, Helander, McGregor, Arfield, Davis all thanked but waved out the door.

Sadly I suspect he’s taken the job on the basis of believing he can get this squad back to similar levels in our 55 season with maybe a few additions to help. If that’s the case, it’s only going to end one way and that’s badly.
Do you really expect him to say in the interview the squad is broken and a whole rebuild will be required…..

If he can’t see the squad is broken then that worries me more than anything.

We need a massive clear out over the next two windows where past reputation and loyalties count for nothing. If he doesn’t see the need for this then it is concerning.

He’s obviously got a lot of confidence in himself and speaks like a leader. We need that in a manager, throughout our history the managers that have been successful are those that have that aura about them. Got a good feeling about this

If he can’t see the squad is broken then that worries me more than anything.

We need a massive clear out over the next two windows where past reputation and loyalties count for nothing. If he doesn’t see the need for this then it is concerning.
His first job is to get those under performers playing well again, I think there’s a good chance what he’s saying in interviews will be different to what he’s saying to them as individuals

Really refreshing interview. No harm to GIo but talking to the press wasn't his thing. Beale ticks that box, which is important going forward.

It’s a disgrace the stick he was getting on here before he was announced. One interview and the same folk are now creaming their pants.

The first game we drop points he’ll be getting slaughtered and all the reasons why he wasn’t wanted will be regurgitated.

I think he is wrong about the squad not being as broken as we think.It is broken on so many ways.He needs to rip it up because if he continues with these duds then it will simply continue to stagnate.
He can’t exactly say that publicly though can he!!

Any interview he does is top notch. He doesn’t just use words or cliches for effect. He expresses ideas very well and you believe him when he speaks because he is so enthusiastic and engaging.

I think this will be the principle benefit that we see with the current squad - engaging training sessions with a manager who is able to clearly get his point across, and players that subsequently buy into it.
I would advise anyone that does in coaching at youth level to simply open Spotify or another app for podcasts and search his name. Not only is he enjoyable to listen to the advice for coaching youngsters is top notch. Explains it all brilliantly too so you know exactly why some things better done certain ways.

Im in full support time must be given by us all there will be games it does not look great but lets get back to backing the club. He will deliver interviews that we can all listen to and feel better fro just listening to him that ws a major weakness for Gio. Let go!!!!!

Done more in 1 interview than Gio did in a years worth.

Only concern is he’s overestimating the ability of this squad.
It's called good management mate, he's building them up rather than telling them they're not good enough to compete like GvB done.

Obviously he'll be able to make his own mark a bit more when he's able to bring a few of his own faces in, but he's got to get the best out of what he's got in the meantime and how we approach the next 4 games in December will make all the difference to the attitudes of when we take on the paedos at Ibrox in January.

If he believes in them then they will believe in him, it's basic successful leadership psychology.

He certainly says what we all want to hear and speaks so well about what we are all about. I think we need to give him until the summer to sort out this mess though, this ain't a quick fix.

Big issue I see moving forward is he puts his trust in some players who are not at the same level as previously or have checked out.

The team still needs gutted and I will only truly judge him once that starts happening - nothing has changed we need a big refresh in the summer.

Last edited:
We played jack and Kamara most weeks under Gerrard and Beale this simply can’t happen this time around.
That's because Tavernier and Barisic basically played like wingers. Those two offered protection when they went forward.

I'd guess that our full backs will once again play high and wide and two of our centre mids will tuck in either side and provide protection when it occurs.

It very well could be Jack and Kamara as soon as the league restarts, but who knows who it could be after the January transfer window.

Whatever your views on the new Manager, the walking will start soon after the talking stops. Results are the only thing that matters at Rangers and the rest is just noise. Bought into too many over the years due to sound bites. He has a huge job to do with an aging, gutless, excuse ridden squad. It would be a huge job for an experienced manager, let alone a coach starting out as Manager. He’ll be judged on his trophy haul like all Rangers Managers. I wish him the best of British.

Whatever your views on the new Manager, the walking will start soon after the talking stops. Results are the only thing that matters at Rangers and the rest is just noise. Bought into too many over the years due to sound bites. He has a huge job to do with an aging, gutless, excuse ridden squad. It would be a huge job for an experienced manager, let alone a coach starting out as Manager. He’ll be judged on his trophy haul like all Rangers Managers. I wish him the best of British.
till we play hibs, everything else is just distractions and guess work

That's because Tavernier and Barisic basically played like wingers. Those two offered protection when they went forward.

I'd guess that our full backs will once again play high and wide and two of our centre mids will tuck in either side and provide protection when it occurs.

It very well could be Jack and Kamara as soon as the league restarts, but who knows who it could be after the January transfer window.
I never want to see jack in Kamara in the same midfield again for Rangers tbh.

Loved hearing his interview yesterday.

I think like most of us he knows the team needs refreshed but isn’t going to come out and say it and put morale lower than it is.

One major positive is that him and his family feel that Glasgow is home. None of this travelling back down to Liverpool etc to see family or looking at jobs to be closer to them.

Last edited:
Loved hearing his interview yesterday.

I think like most of us he knows the team needs refreshed but isn’t going to come out and say it and put morale lower than it is.

One major positive is that him and his family feel that Glasgow is home. None of this travelling back down to Liverpool etc to see family or looking at jobs to be closer to them.
He didn't even live in Glasgow last time. I'd expect him to be near where he was before. He said family reasons aswell so possibly back where the kids had made real friends etc.

He didn't even live in Glasgow last time. I'd expect him to be near where he was before. He said family reasons aswell so possibly back where the kids had made real friends etc.
The house up where they were was only finalised for sale just a few weeks after he joined QPR I’m sure.

They were staying in the midlands temporarily and hated it.

To be fair, where they stayed up here was a great place and area to raise kids. So hopefully he gets somewhere close by.

He's trying to galvanise the players he has available to him.

He's got no option but to try and squeeze every last drop out of this current squad before inevitable a good few leave at the end of the season.

Back