Beale interview on SSN

This is a fresh slate, a lot of us were rightfully pissed off with certain players.

But if Beale can get them re-committed to the cause and giving everything and playing to their potential then that's great. For me there's serious question marks over Morelos because he's let us all down. He's treated the club and fans with contempt by not looking after himself and being unprofessional. As it stands right this moment, I'd happily take a fee in January.

Gio was unable to get anything out of Alfredo, but if Beale can work a miracle on that and get him firing then at the very least we might have an asset again to sell.

Equally Beale's relationship with Kent and his style of play will potentially bring the best out of him.

I'm backing Beale whatever his decision is, let's face it if these players start performing as the can and knuckle down and be part of a successful side, we'll all be happy.

That is just a downright fantasy. He wasn't contributing when Gerrard left. When Gio took over, there was an immediate improvement in Alfredo's form up until he got injured in March. In fact on FF, we were speculating that Gio's fluency in Spanish was helping. I am afraid Alfie is just a moody player. Hopefully Beale will get him engaged better.

That is just a downright fantasy. He wasn't contributing when Gerrard left. When Gio took over, there was an immediate improvement in Alfredo's form up until he got injured in March. In fact on FF, we were speculating that Gio's fluency in Spanish was helping. I am afraid Alfie is just a moody player. Hopefully Beale will get him engaged better.
The sad thing is that there is a growing consensus that Morelos' needs to be moved on; on his day a great player, who created so many wonderful moments for us. You're right, his dip in form was evident for longer than Van Bronckhorst being manager

He mentioned how we had did this before with goldson (wait til last minute) so maybe he has already been told one or both are extending but doing it after their contract ends means we dont have money due to previous clubs. Conspiracy klaxon!

You think he's going to come out and say he's got a figure agreed with the board for potential transfers?

You think he would be here if he wasn't given assurances on that side of things?
Yeah. Why would he not say "yes I have assurances we have a mutual budget in mind " or something similar

Gerrard came with no assurances according to beale so yes again. Add in the fact he has just said that he hasn't agreed any so then yes I do.

There is absolutely no point in him lying about it.

Kent would need some replacing, he still remains, it has to be said, one of our best players; even on a bad day, he has it in him to do things other players can't.
But they’ll only be arsed if they decide the manager is to their liking?

Not for me.

But they’ll only be arsed if they decide the manager is to their liking?

Not for me.
I'm in no position to argue with that, and I'm nearly inclined to agree with you. That said, I'd like to hear what Kent and Beale have say about his recent form.

Beale will be a top manager.
Usually the guys with little or no playing career make the best.
I just hope we give him the time he'll need
I consider Guardiola , Clough and Ancelotti the 3 best there’s been and they were all phenomenal players . A few more who weren’t great players but had a long career Robson, Klopp , Paisley and Ferguson so not in agreement that the guys with little playing career makes great managers apart from maybe Jose.

If he keeps too many of the old guard his career will end here pretty rapid.

The group needs torn apart and replaced with young hungry footballers

Sounds like he thinks he can get a tune out of what we have which was always the issue with taking Beale

If a mini revolution is what Beale feels is needed, I'm sure that will happen over time.

However unpalatable it is to many of us, getting something from most of what we have is a critical part of his job as well.

Moving on everyone we want to in January is unlikely. Most will run down their desls.

Some honest conversations needed with a number of players over the coming days. A lot of them need moved on anyway but if we can get the likes of Kent and Kamara firing again it makes a big difference and allows us to spend more on other priorities.

For me it would be better to move Morelos on, his form slump has now spanned the last two managers. Even if Beale gets him performing again the evidence suggests it will just be temporary. He is no longer able to motivate himself
Agree - get him to sign a new contract & try to get him moved on for a decent fee - even if it means giving him a leaving bonus - I just dont think he is a player than can be trusted

If a mini revolution is what Beale feels is needed, I'm sure that will happen over time.

However unpalatable it is to many of us, getting something from most of what we have is a critical part of his job as well.

Moving on everyone we want to in January is unlikely. Most will run down their desls.

Of course it will take time but we will know early

If he plays Arfield / Davis ahead of Lowry we will know the revolution ain’t going to happen

Like Beale but just crapping it he goes down this “old guard” route

I don’t understand this thinking. If Beale gets them both playing and contributing to a successful Rangers, which has every chance of happening, are you really going to look back on the last six months and hold a grudge against them both?

It also goes back to the fact that the squad needs a lot of surgery and we have finite resources to do so. How do you replace a £7M winger and a player we all valued at £20M+ a year ago, when we need a number of quality additions to the first 11 in other areas, particularly the midfield, as well as refreshing and upgrading the overall quality of the squad.

When it comes to a new manager and a fresh slate, I think that goes for the players under that manager also.
Kent hasn't kicked his own arse (aside from the Europa run) for about 18 months, with 4 goals in 65 games in all competitions since the start of 21/22 season until now(that's not a typo). For someone that plays as part of a front 3 in a team expected to challenge for the league, those are abysmal figures.

Morelos has been dire as well for long enough apart from the odd European showing, which makes it worse imo as it proves that he just doesn't give a shit and only turns it on when he wants. He scored 11 goals last season in 26 appearances in the league, Colak had scored that many between the start of August and the end of October this year.

His 20 million pound valuation may have been accurate a couple of years ago but nowhere near that now, he's also 27 at the end of next season. If you gave me the option of freeing up 60k a week on those two and putting it towards freshening the team up, then I'd do that everytime now.

Yeah. Why would he not say "yes I have assurances we have a mutual budget in mind " or something similar

Gerrard came with no assurances according to beale so yes again. Add in the fact he has just said that he hasn't agreed any so then yes I do.

There is absolutely no point in him lying about it.
He did say something similar in part 2 of the sky interview, when he said he has scope to bring in players if they are within the clubs price range/wage structure, or words to that effect.

I've never ever heard a manager come out and say they know how much money they have to spend. Cards are always close to the chest when it comes to that subject.

Then it’s a complete dereliction of duty by the board and Wilson if they honestly believe keeping a lot of the current crop will produce anything other than failure in a year or two’s time.

Kicking the can down the road all because Wilson’s recruitment has been so bad that we have not one sellable asset on our books that’ll fetch an 8 figure sum

It’s funny how Morelos get’s absolutely battered on here ( garbage this season tbf) then Kent and the cost of him v numbers ( also well off the boil off and on) from watching all season I’d add Lundstrum, Kamara, Tav, Borna ( in and out his whole time with us) Goldson at times. The list goes on. If one gets a fresh start they all do under the new management. I won’t be arguing if they all come out firing and Morelos and Kent hit the ground running again as the reason we talk so much about these two as on form they will win games, titles and progress us in Europe.

Like what? I hope you aren't talking about goals?
Like what? I've been here before I remember now, who else creates the goal for Tavernier against Leipzig, or Wright's goal against Hearts in the SC Final? This isn't a rhetorical question, who else do we have in the side that does that?

It’s funny how Morelos get’s absolutely battered on here ( garbage this season tbf) then Kent and the cost of him v numbers ( also well off the boil off and on) from watching all season I’d add Lundstrum, Kamara, Tav, Borna ( in and out his whole time with us) Goldson at times. The list goes on. If one gets a fresh start they all do under the new management. I won’t be arguing if they all come out firing and Morelos and Kent hit the ground running again as the reason we talk so much about these two as on form they will win games, titles and progress us in Europe.

Morelos has had a lot of chances though. This isnt a new thing for him. I wouldnt say Morelos was off form looks more like he cant be arsed.

Morelos has had a lot of chances though. This isnt a new thing for him. I wouldnt say Morelos was off form looks more like he cant be arsed.
I’d agree on occasion but lundstrum has looked super half arsed since he came in barring a couple of months in March and April. As I say I’ll see everyone get a clean slate even though for me Lundstrum is my Morelos to most I just do t see it in him but I live in hope he proves me wrong

I’d agree on occasion but lundstrum has looked super half arsed since he came in barring a couple of months in March and April. As I say I’ll see everyone get a clean slate even though for me Lundstrum is my Morelos to most I just do t see it in him but I live in hope he proves me wrong

Agree with JL, however it goes back to what he has in *the bank*. With the manager all players will have a clean slate, but with the fans I dont think AM has it anymore. Personally, its time for him to go.

There’s a big difference though.

Morelos is the only player to have been bombed out of our biggest game of the season due to his attitude.

He’s also been unfit all season and quite frankly in a disgraceful physical condition.

None of those others have had attitude problems, only Morelos and every season he’s been here we’ve had issues with him.

Off topic a bit but when I hear Beale talking I’m nearly expecting him to go full Alfie Solomons mode (Peaky Blinders), apart from that I enjoyed the interviews

Like what? I've been here before I remember now, who else creates the goal for Tavernier against Leipzig, or Wright's goal against Hearts in the SC Final? This isn't a rhetorical question, who else do we have in the side that does that?
Right so I'm in agreement with you that he has had some great moments and he played his part on the Europa run most definitely.

Do you not think we can get better than someone who just has some moments?

I'd like consistency someone who can contribute in Europe but domestically too and Kent hasn't been able to do that in his time here bar the 55 season.

Aye,

Mcgrgeor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Flanagan
Jack
Davis
Kamara
Arfield
Aribo
Defoe

Gerrard actually believed that team should play at home in an OF game. Absolutely mindboggling decision. A game everyone was right up for and believed we would win until we saw his line up. Still angers me to this day lol
Don't think anyones noticed, mate.

I should have said fitness wise, this season.

When Gio came in Alfie had a fitness baseline, like many players and his tactics last season complimented that I believe.

Our fitness this season has been appalling and players less professional in particular such as Alfie have struggled.

You’re right though, he’s a moody player severely lacking in professionalism for me and needs a Manager that can handle that, some get him going for a while then it falls off. Will Beale get him going now? Who knows.

I never want to see jack in Kamara in the same midfield again for Rangers tbh.
For that to happen though we can’t have Barisic and Tav marauding down the wings.
It’s arse for elbow for me, we have midfielders tasked with defending,hence two defensively minded players and defenders tasked with attacking.

For that to happen though we can’t have Barisic and Tav marauding down the wings.
It’s arse for elbow for me, we have midfielders tasked with defending,hence two defensively minded players and defenders tasked with attacking.
Tim’s were blowing teams away last season with rogic and turnbull starting in a midfield together.

The getting it wide to tav and barisic is a tactic that needs stopped. We need creative midfielders and actual goal scoring wingers to get it done over the course of a season in Scotland.

The 2-0 defeat to them at Ibrox was an absolutely criminal team selection from Gerrard. Morelos was molesting teams in Europe and had just scored the winner v Legia and Gerrard decided to play defoe. Every single person with a brain knows that was Gerrards single most mindboggling team selection.
I had just arrived to work at a music festival near Donington Park, set the tent up then seen the lineup and result. Ruined my entire weekend.

I like the cut of the managers jib. The more I listen to him, the more I believe he's an excellent choice.
As always, the proof will be in the pudding, but I'm genuinely excited to see what he delivers and absolutely cannot wait to see his first team selection and formation against Hibs in two weeks time.

Sounds like he thinks he can get a tune out of what we have which was always the issue with taking Beale
To be honest he has to try and get the best out of what he has available to him at the moment. January is a tough time to get players in so it's likely going to be the summer before he can truly put his stamp on the squad.

I think he can see the players are suffering from a lack of confidence and as a manager it's his job to build that confidence back up and get them playing like they can. If Belae comes in and does a few interviews saying the squad is poor and we need to replace a lot of players, then he isn't going to be able to get the best out of them.

Lets not forget Gio ran him into the ground and caused his injury. So he may well have felt aggrieved. He’s also been mismanaged this season. I’m not saying his attitude is great but I do think there are reasons for this seasons downturn, plus coming back from injury sometimes tskes players time and he’s barely played.

Lets not forget Gio ran him into the ground and caused his injury. So he may well have felt aggrieved. He’s also been mismanaged this season. I’m not saying his attitude is great but I do think there are reasons for this seasons downturn, plus coming back from injury sometimes tskes players time and he’s barely played.
Nope, that’s not completely accurate.

He was carrying an injury and yes could have done with sitting out a game or two but games were coming thick and fast with playing in the EL almost constantly, as well as crucial league games.

Could he have been left out at Dundee? Possibly. But if he was left out and we got knocked out the cup, Gio would have been slaughtered for it.

Morelos chose to travel to Colombia knowingly carrying an injury.

Morelos chose to take part in a training session for Colombia less than 48 hours after coming off at Dens Park with an ice pack clearly visible on his thigh area IIRC

Morelos, like other players did so last season, could have told Colombia he was injured and wasn’t capable of taking part in training.

The chances of Colombia demanding he travelled across the world to assess him to make sure he wasn’t lying, is extremely slim. Many of Morelos fan club continued to peddle that he’d have been called over anyway despite evidence to the contrary of other players that when stating they’re injured, don’t get called to their country to provide it.

Many countries and clubs operate on a mutual trust basis.

But like as always, he put country over club and it ended up with him missing our EL Final run in.

He’s entirely entitled to put country over club if he wishes but he won’t get any leeway from me and other fans by doing so. If some wish to rewrite the events of how he got injured they can do so.

And the reason he’s not had a lot of game time is due to several factors this season.

1. His attitude
2. The disgraceful state he returned to pre season in.

Nope, that’s not completely accurate.

He was carrying an injury and yes could have done with sitting out a game or two but games were coming thick and fast with playing in the EL almost constantly, as well as crucial league games.

Could he have been left out at Dundee? Possibly. But if he was left out and we got knocked out the cup, Gio would have been slaughtered for it.

Morelos chose to travel to Colombia knowingly carrying an injury.

Morelos chose to take part in a training session for Colombia less than 48 hours after coming off at Dens Park with an ice pack clearly visible on his thigh area IIRC

Morelos, like other players did so last season, could have told Colombia he was injured and wasn’t capable of taking part in training.

The chances of Colombia demanding he travelled across the world to assess him to make sure he wasn’t lying, is extremely slim. Many of Morelos fan club continued to peddle that he’d have been called over anyway despite evidence to the contrary of other players that when stating they’re injured, don’t get called to their country to provide it.

Many countries and clubs operate on a mutual trust basis.

But like as always, he put country over club and it ended up with him missing our EL Final run in.

He’s entirely entitled to put country over club if he wishes but he won’t get any leeway from me and other fans by doing so. If some wish to rewrite the events of how he got injured they can do so.

And the reason he’s not had a lot of game time is due to several factors this season.

1. His attitude
2. The disgraceful state he returned to pre season in.
Fed up with him and the amount of chances he has been given, enough is enough.

Of course it will take time but we will know early

If he plays Arfield / Davis ahead of Lowry we will know the revolution ain’t going to happen

Like Beale but just crapping it he goes down this “old guard” route

When everyone is fit and available, Lowry will be competing with Tillman, Lawrence, Hagi and Arfield for the attacking midfield spot.

He currently isn't better than any of them and if you watched him this season in B team games, then you would already know that.

When everyone is fit and available, Lowry will be competing with Tillman, Lawrence, Hagi and Arfield for the attacking midfield spot.

He currently isn't better than any of them and if you watched him this season in B team games, then you would already know that.
Immediate term maybe but come the summer Arfield won’t be here and I believe we would look to move Hagi on as well if we can get a fee.

Immediate term maybe but come the summer Arfield won’t be here and I believe we would look to move Hagi on as well if we can get a fee.

Lowry featuring more next season is definitely more realistic, assuming his attitude is right and he applies himself properly.

I think a lot will depend on how Hagi performs, when fully match and physically fit, with regards his Gers future.

A fit and firing Hagi is a very good attacking midfielder, who contributes with big goals and assists.

Lowry featuring more next season is definitely more realistic, assuming his attitude is right and he applies himself properly.

I think a lot will depend on how Hagi performs, when fully match and physically fit, with regards his Gers future.

A fit and firing Hagi is a very good attacking midfielder, who contributes with big goals and assists.
I like Hagi mate. I just think sadly our league suffocated him a bit and the nature of his injury he might be better off in a more technical league like Holland , Belgium or serie A.

He wasn't ran into the ground.

He had a minor muscular injury that would've cleared up during the international break, but Morelos went to Colombia and aggravated the injury into a grade 3 tear, which needed surgery.

It was nothing to do with Gio and was totally self inflicted.

Agree with this, jury is out for me on Beale

Back