Beale planning to build his team around Kamara

I am a wee bit worried about all these players getting another chance under Beale. I wanted the majority of them gone, albeit in a timely manner, impossible to hunt and then recruit squads
If he puts his faith in this squad, we'll win %^*& all and be back to the drawing board imo.
Suffered too many capitulations, rapings, these players wandering about not giving a %^*&.
Gio takes blame undoubtedly, but can't shake my gut feeling that these players will take us nowhere.

Makes sense, age, ability etc.

Let’s not judge players on the last 2 months under Gio. best forgetting about that. What a shambles on and off the pitch.

I'll take the hit.

MICHAEL BEALE aims to re-establish Glen Kamara as a big player for Rangers.

The Finnish midfielder became a bit-part fringe man under Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

But new Light Blues boss Beale is a huge fan of the playmaker and vowed to build his team around him.

He said: “He’s got to be happy, hasn’t he, playing his football.

“And certainly at this moment in time he probably wouldn’t be happy being in and out the team. No footballer ever is.

“I think he has always conducted himself very well. The boy I know is a very mild-mannered boy.
“Neil Banfield had him for a number of years through the Arsenal academy and I worked with Glen for three and a half years.

“If we can’t help then I’m not sure anyone can, in a Rangers shirt.

“I’m quite fiery and Neil is quite fiery so Glen already knows what he’s going to get from us. No, that’s tongue in cheek.

“Glen has got 100 per cent of my trust. He was hugely important in my previous time here and while he’s still young, he’s coming into the prime of his career. He will be a big player for Rangers moving forward.

“Glen was recruited for a style that suited Glen. When new managers come in they try things out, which is none of my business, to be honest.

“My business is now and getting the best out of Glen today.”

Beale also vowed to lift the mood within the Rangers squad.

He added: “I am trying to remove one or two clouds. In this football club, when you don’t get good results the pressure does different things to different people.

“I am trying to change the mindset, change the energy around it.

“In terms of players, I don’t want to go into specifics right now. But what I would say is that everyone is chomping at the bit to get back.

“We have been having meetings with the players so the injured players can sit in on that.

“I think once everyone is fit and available our squad looks strong and it is important we get people back sooner rather than later.”
Thanks pal.

If Beale can get Kamara back to his best form then no problem with this at all. He’s a joy to watch at the top of his game

And this is what worries me with this appointment. If Beale had watched us play this season he would know that pretty much amounts to career suicide.

Kamara hasn't kicked his arse all season and must be one of the best joggers we have on our books. An absolute fraud.

Kamara compliments a Beale style of play because he can be very quick and direct in getting the ball forward; he is also great at possessing the ball, has an acute positional sense, setting the pace of a game, and he reads a game really well. If Beale gets him back to his best then he and Lundstram with perhaps Lawrence could form a very dynamic midfield.
Come on. Kamara very rarely passes the ball forward, it's his biggest fault.

Many times. Remember the work he does frees others up to play, so his impact is not just by use of the ball but using himself, movement etc.

Think about old firm when he got McGregor sent off, was all down to quick movement, linking with others and playing on the front foot.

I’m a big fan of Kamara and would play him ahead of Lundstram, Davis, Jack right now.,
Yea he can do that but that's not controlling a midfield, as you suggested.

Have you watched Kamara for the past 12 months? Leipzig aside he’s been woeful.
I was responding to a post saying Lundstram wouldn't be dropped. It's up to the manager if he believes he can get Kamara back to his best. I'm just saying there's zero reason why Lundstram should be undroppable.

4 goals from 15 and clearly our only true voice on the park without Goldson, Davies, Jack in the team.
All whilst being off form, will always be a big player for us, looked much better as an 8 getting forward and driving more from Tillman. We also have nobody else is the main reason why he’s not getting dropped.
Our injuries are horrendous and we can’t even drop players for poor performance, that’s not accepting sub par performances but acknowledging the hole we’re in. Surely everyone can see that?
Be interesting to see Kamara as a 6 and dictating play with more pace than a Davis or JL. If we go a flat 3 again like Gerrard at Rangers and Villa I’ll be very underwhelmed

He's still not undroppable, and his lack of effort was slipping to similar levels of those around him.

Definitely got qualities and could well be played as an old fashioned British #8 just head of Kamara, but it shouldn't be at the sacrifice of technical ball players like Lowry, Lawrence, Hagi and Tillman.

Personally I'd be quite happy to never see Kamara wear a Rangers shirt again. He's been a disgrace this season, poor form can be forgiven but his attitude and work rate have been unacceptable.

Obviously he's an asset and that's not how football works under a new manager but he's destroyed any positive feelings I used to have towards him.

I think he was demotivated by GVB as were a few others in the team hopefully The new Manager can get Lundstram back playing to the way he was at the 2nd half on last season
I hope so too. But that said, it was GvB who got that golden spell out of him. He was poor in the first half of last season under Gerrard / Beale and then initially under GvB. He was transformed Feb - May, but this season he's regressed back to last season's early season form. I 100% hope Beale can get him back to what he's capable of. Just saying, on current form, he's not too good to be dropped. But then again, no-one is!

He's still not undroppable, and his lack of effort was slipping to similar levels of those around him.

Definitely got qualities and could well be played as an old fashioned British #8 just head of Kamara, but it shouldn't be at the sacrifice of technical ball players like Lowry, Lawrence, Hagi and Tillman.
Injured, injured, injured and is a luxury at 10 and will be nowhere near our engine room.
That’s the main reason JL absolutely is undroppable this season

I was responding to a post saying Lundstram wouldn't be dropped. It's up to the manager if he believes he can get Kamara back to his best. I'm just saying there's zero reason why Lundstram should be undroppable.
His wage probably makes him undroppable unfortunately.

We won't win anything if we are basing our team around Kamara a player that downed tools.

Apart from the most important and talked about league title in the history of Scottish Football, where he played in 33 of the 38 games?

A motivated and properly utilised Glen Kamara is one of our biggest assets.

If I had to guess at the team against Hibs, as our squad stands with regards injuries and assuming Beale goes with the system he preferred at QPR, I'd imagine the midfield 3 will be Kamara, Lundstram and Jack.

Jack always injured
Lowry, Lawrence, Hagi injured
Sands having to play CB
Kamara an empty shirt
Arfield disappointing and can only play 1 game a week
Davis even more disappointing and can only play 1 game a week
McCann nice prospect but really poor against D Utd
There’s plenty of reasons why JL amongst many others just can’t be dropped…at the moment

If I had to guess at the team against Hibs, as our squad stands with regards injuries and assuming Beale goes with the system he preferred at QPR, I'd imagine the midfield 3 will be Kamara, Lundstram and Jack.
Jack fit will be great for us.
Let’s get those full backs bombing on and we can see what truly was holding Tav back

Lundstram could easily play further forward imo.
Lundstrams best perfomances for us have been when he's played deeper IMO. Particularly beside Jack..

Which means that this...
Jack fit will be great for us.
Let’s get those full backs bombing on and we can see what truly was holding Tav back

Is one of the primary problems we have to solve - Ryan Jack is never fit. You wouldnt put money on getting 20 league games out of him.

Lundstrams best perfomances for us have been when he's played deeper IMO. Particularly beside Jack..

Which means that this...

Is one of the primary problems we have to solve - Ryan Jack is never fit. You wouldnt put money on getting 20 league games out of him.
True but there’s only 23 games left
Fingers crossed

He's the ultimate professional in terms of application and attitude but his personality isn't normally suited to this environment. But he's got a set of skills we simply couldn't afford if he was the whole package. He needs a little bit of love and attention and forgiveness from fans. He's such a confidence player and even when he was balling it week in week out you never heard him take praise once. He was always saying he could do better. Nobody will be more gutted than him about how it's gone for him the last year, but if gk is playing well then he is one of the best players to play in this country.

Which means that this...

I actually prefer him further forward mate, as I think he gives us a real goal threat. Been hard to judge this season, in fairness given how poor it's been, overall.

I just think there is no need to be playing two defensive midfielders in Scotland.

Agree about Jack. Probably my favourite player at the Club but, this is definitely last chance saloon for him.

Last edited:
If were resorting to going back building a team around Kamara im not having that.He is part of whats been wrong at the club for a long time.
Get him moved on he doesnt want to be at the club hasnt for a long time been utter garbage a non trier ,hel more than likely be gone soon anyway hes not here for the long term.

Jack always injured
Lowry, Lawrence, Hagi injured
Sands having to play CB
Kamara an empty shirt
Arfield disappointing and can only play 1 game a week
Davis even more disappointing and can only play 1 game a week
McCann nice prospect but really poor against D Utd
There’s plenty of reasons why JL amongst many others just can’t be dropped…at the moment
Jack and Lowry hopefully available for Hibs. Not sure about Davies fitness, but that may free up Sands. Whole point of the thread is about whether Beale can get Kamara back to his best - but only one way to find out. Arfield & Davis have been underwhelming I agree, but Lundstram also falls into that category. I've no idea what Beale's plans are obviously and if he sees Lundstram as a first pick, I'm absolutely fine with that. I'm just saying I don't think he is, or should be, an automatic shoe in.

Kamara Jack lundstram is probably our best 3. JL can shoot with both feet so I think he’ll flourish under Beale as a #8

I must admit to having my doubts about this.
Being a part of the "new Manager bounce" that then sees the transfer window closing and the same players returning to indifferent form.

However ... if Beale can get Kamara to start playing as if he really wants to be at Rangers, then that's going to be good for us.
On the field for results, and (if he signs a contract extension) on our future accounts when he is sold on.

Only thing I would strongly suggest is that when Kamara is getting kicked and studded by our opponents, if we want to truly see the best out of him, it might be an idea if our management team (and Club) started highlighting the atrocious hacking such players are subject to, hopefully bringing some measure of protection to them, which can then help them stay on the pitch and even thrive.

Stop with the "dignified" silence sh*te and start pointing out assaults and cheating.
Only then will you see guys like Kamara being able to showcase what they CAN do.
When they want to that is.

I always thought under Gerrard that Kamaras off the ball work, particularly against Celtic, was very important to the defensive shape and he seemed to have a real understanding of what was expected from him.

He also played a left midfield sitting role when Borna went forward making sure we were not overly exposed.

A bit like Jack did for Tav on the right.

Worked well many a time.

This was always my fear when Beale was unveiled as manager. It looks to me he has been told to go with what we've got when in reality we need a complete restructure.

The restructure should have started with Ross Wilson being replaced with a strong manager given free reign over a complete rebuild.

Do not be surprised if the likes of Arfield and Jack are given extensions at the end of the season.

I’d go as far to say if play Kamara ahead of Lundstram.

The work Kamara dies off the ball allows others to be more effective. I rate him higher than any of our midfielders and can see why Beale might build around him.
I don't particularly rate either tbh.

That's fair enough but I still can't say I've ever seem Kamara 'control a midfield'. He just isn't that type of midfielder

Kamara is no doubt a classy player.

When he wants to be.

The problem I see with him is that there are more negatives to his game than positives.

He takes the ball well in tight spaces, has great control and can recycle it well.
The problem is, he very rarely recycles it to any degree of threat to the opposition.

He can break up play well in our half, but it is also not uncommon for him to needlessly turn over possession in the same areas, which often results in a goal or severe pressure on our goal.

His work rate can be fantastic, he can run all day long. However, since his pals left, he has hardly tried at all.

Playing him as a defensive mid, he is capable of brainfarts, playing him as an attacking mid, he almost never shoots and doesn't play many incisive passes.

He can be a good player for someone, I'm just not sure it is us.

If I were Beale, I'd try to turn his form around this season so that I could get a decent fee for him in the summer and buy someone more reliable.

Last edited:
I guess if Beale gets our team winning games comfortably again then I will forget what Kamara and others have done this season but until then I would be glad if certain players never play for our club again.

Hopefully moved on and we get a decent fee to bring someone in who has some dynamic play to their game.

I am a wee bit worried about all these players getting another chance under Beale. I wanted the majority of them gone, albeit in a timely manner, impossible to hunt and then recruit squads
If he puts his faith in this squad, we'll win %^*& all and be back to the drawing board imo.
Suffered too many capitulations, rapings, these players wandering about not giving a %^*&.
Gio takes blame undoubtedly, but can't shake my gut feeling that these players will take us nowhere.
We are not going to get 22 new players mate.

He will need to get some of those here already firing again, get the summers recruits fit and find a way to utilise them, and wring every penny out if what meagre budget he is given.

It isn't impossible, not by a long shot, but it is tricky. MB will need to box very smartly.

I have been quite vocal about not wanting MB, but I am softening, I think he may have the smarts we need.

Fingers crossed, interesting times ahead!

This was always my fear when Beale was unveiled as manager. It looks to me he has been told to go with what we've got when in reality we need a complete restructure.

The restructure should have started with Ross Wilson being replaced with a strong manager given free reign over a complete rebuild.

Do not be surprised if the likes of Arfield and Jack are given extensions at the end of the season.

So because Beale has said that a player that has known for years, and who we know is capable of being a stand out is going to come back in and play regularly, you are surmising about what he has been told and making presumptions on Arfield and Jack based on nothing?

Ross Wilson is fucking useless, but he will be here til the current board are gone IMO.

Our priority now should be getting back on track football wise. Director level restructures can be dealt with thereafter.

Not for me. Our current midfield have done a job in the past few season but it's tired, boring and needs an overhaul

It’s a clean slate for Kamara and everyone else I would assume,but as some have already said Kamara is a proven player for us who will do a good job under the new gaffer.
I’m liking a lot of what I’ve heard from MB so far and hopefully he can get us back on top.
Next few months will be interesting.

We are not going to get 22 new players mate.

He will need to get some of those here already firing again, get the summers recruits fit and find a way to utilise them, and wring every penny out if what meagre budget he is given.

It isn't impossible, not by a long shot, but it is tricky. MB will need to box very smartly.

I have been quite vocal about not wanting MB, but I am softening, I think he may have the smarts we need.

Fingers crossed, interesting times ahead!
Agree. We don't have the Dosh to do what we as fans want. Hopefully Beale with extensive contacts, can work some miracles.
Hopefully he's stringing along some of the deadwood to tide us over, but also be ruthless in summer, and start the cull.

Kamara playing on the left of a central three was excellent. Hed do the dirty work in defence, hed carry the ball from defence and out, hed find a space on the wing freeing up Kent/Barisic to drive inside or overlap.

He was very important in getting the best out of the two mentioned above. Rangers are a better team with Kamara playing.

Back