Bear banned for last minute winner celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your determination, as a grown man, that a young lad is banned and criminalised for an OTT celebration in the heat of the moment is pathetic.
Again nothing to do with celebration, I am sure there were hundreds of guys went OTT with their celebration after the goal but contained themselves enough not to enter the 'field of play'.

It was stupid, and he couldn't argue with some punishment, I just think it's very harsh. Either everyone on here is a stickler for the rules and has never sung anything offensive, or there's plenty of people damning the boy and being hypocritical. I think I know what I believe.

Like many I think you are misunderstanding the meaning of 'indefinite'. It simply means 'lasting for an unknown or unstated length of time'. It could be 20 years or 20 days for all you know. Only 1 of those is harsh.

In my view, Rangers will review after his Court appearance if he, as he's been directed to do, contacts them. However, his rant hasn't done him any favours in that respect.

He stays in the stand he has no problem. He's brought it upon himself.

Oh I get the rules mate. Tickets for events also ban filming, have you ever filmed a penalty on your phone, or witnessed anyone do it, did you tell on them?

The guy couldn't argue with some punishment. However, to be banned indefinitely and the tone of the email suggests they won't over turn it if found guilty, is harsh and uncalled for.
"Indefinitely" is a vague word and is used deliberately. It could be a few days, or a few decades. But people always fear the the worst (not unnaturally) when they see it.

You don't like the club that much do you?

I love the club with all my heart.

I'm simply saddened at how fans, all fans btw, are treated by them at times. From all levels of the club the service is poor. The ticket office, David Martin, the stewards, the fans that have been victims of assault, the fans that are lied about at will, the disabled fans sitting in a fucking ridiculously bad area. From top to bottom the fans are treated as a nuisance. All fans are affected by the poor relation with the club. In this sense, nothing has changed from the old board.

I love the club with all my heart.

I'm simply saddened at how fans, all fans btw, are treated by them at times. From all levels of the club the service is poor. The ticket office, David Martin, the stewards, the fans that have been victims of assault, the fans that are lied about at will, the disabled fans sitting in a fucking ridiculously bad area. From top to bottom the fans are treated as a nuisance. All fans are affected by the poor relation with the club. In this sense, nothing has changed from the old board.
All fans are not treated this way, only the ones that break the rules.

All fans are not treated this way, only the ones that break the rules.

All fans, IMO, aren't treated as well as they should be. The board are doing a fantastic job all round, the only thing letting them down is treatment of the fans. It's not changed since the Murray era. Fans are an afterthought at every level of the club.

Oh I get the rules mate. Tickets for events also ban filming, have you ever filmed a penalty on your phone, or witnessed anyone do it, did you tell on them?

The guy couldn't argue with some punishment. However, to be banned indefinitely and the tone of the email suggests they won't over turn it if found guilty, is harsh and uncalled for.

You seem to be pursuing this "grass" notion. The lad wasn't grassed up by fellow fans. He was charged by the Police - who informed the club. That, by the way is another very clear part of the Ts and Cs when buying STs:

INFORMATION

You should be aware that in terms of a protocol with Police Scotland the details of any arrest or detention occurring in connection
with a football match may be shared with the Club.
Football Banning Orders may be imposed on individuals who infringe these rules.

The tone of the email suggests that the court proceedings will have an impact on whether it is overturned - why wouldn't it? If he is found guilty of his charges, what reason would that give the club to overturn his ban? That would be utterly bizarre on their part.

What it does suggest equally, is that if he is cleared of wrongdoing, he can also raise this with the club.

All fans, IMO, aren't treated as well as they should be. The board are doing a fantastic job all round, the only thing letting them down is treatment of the fans. It's not changed since the Murray era. Fans are an afterthought at every level of the club.
People being banned for breaking the rules wouldn’t change no matter which club it was. We could have the facilities of Man City and the rules would be the rules. Extending this to other areas is purely to try to legitimise being angry at Rangers for nothing as far as this goes.

It's not a one-way street.

You want the club to treat fans with what you think is the appropriate level of respect/reward. While at the same time lambasting the club for taking well-documented and pre-warned action against a fan who clearly broke the rules regarding behaviour at games, bringing disrepute on the support and club as a whole.

The club plain and simply CANNOT exercise undue leniency on folk who can't behave themselves enough not to run out of the stands onto the trackside or playing surface because we scored a goal at Rugby Park.

The support needs to take more responsibility for itself, understand that this stuff doesn't equate to just a bit of harmless fun and start acting like it cares about the image of Rangers more than it does just sticking two fingers up at the rulebook for cheap laughs.

for the interest of health and safety It’s great he’s banned. I hope they have sold his season ticket on. If several of thousands acted in the same manner as he did by running on the park it could cause several fatality's or injury’s. Also act like this in Europe and you know for sure the club will get a fine. if you want to act like a mong you know you will fit in fine with the other club at the east end of Glasgow. maybe after other people seeing this it might think them before there actions. We are the people

You seem to be pursuing this "grass" notion. The lad wasn't grassed up by fellow fans. He was charged by the Police - who informed the club. That, by the way is another very clear part of the Ts and Cs when buying STs:

The tone of the email suggests that the court proceedings will have an impact on whether it is overturned - why wouldn't it? If he is found guilty of his charges, what reason would that give the club to overturn his ban? That would be utterly bizarre on their part.

What it does suggest equally, is that if he is cleared of wrongdoing, he can also raise this with the club.

If he is guilty and gets a ban, a year or so, that would be no problem. I'd understand that. However, I think the boy would rather that than worrying about the court case for so long with a ban hanging over it on top.

I wouldn't expect a ban to be overturned if found guilty, however the club have already assumed guilt and will then likely absolutely hammer the kid.

You need to take a step down from the soap box and read the guys post.
He is referring to how the board treat the fans, not Police Scotland.
Am replying to you saying all fans are treated the same way.
Are they %^*&.

People being banned for breaking the rules wouldn’t change no matter which club it was. We could have the facilities of Man City and the rules would be the rules. Extending this to other areas is purely to try to legitimise being angry at Rangers for nothing as far as this goes.

Ok, heres two examples again from the weekend. Have Wallsall or Maldon & Tiptree sent a threatening statement out looking for people on the park celebrating to be banned?

No. Because it would be fucking stupid and OTT.

Ok, heres two examples again from the weekend. Have Wallsall or Maldon & Tiptree sent a threatening statement out looking for people on the park celebrating to be banned?

I can google and find plenty of instances where people have been banned. It proves nothing and shows nothing. It’s been a growing problem along with other problems with things thrown at linesman etc so it was always going to be clamped down on. People said it was coming years ago. It’s not a surprise and nobody is to blame except the people themselves. If you really need a scapegoat or somebody to blame, blame the adults who encouraged it and called others handwringers for warning people were going to get in trouble.

If he is guilty and gets a ban, a year or so, that would be no problem. I'd understand that. However, I think the boy would rather that than worrying about the court case for so long with a ban hanging over it on top.

I wouldn't expect a ban to be overturned if found guilty, however the club have already assumed guilt and will then likely absolutely hammer the kid.
He’s banned pending his case, nobody has presumed guilt.

I can google and find plenty of instances where people have been banned. It proves nothing and shows nothing. It’s been a growing problem along with other problems with things thrown at linesman etc so it was always going to be clamped down on. People said it was coming years ago. It’s not a surprise and nobody is to blame except the people themselves. If you really need a scapegoat or somebody to blame, blame the adults who encouraged it and called others handwringers for warning people were going to get in trouble.

Watch just the FA cup first few rounds and you will see more pitch invasions than Rangers have had in the last 5 or so years. "The magic of the cup", up here, your own club whip your ticket off you and think it's serious enough to lose a fan for good over it..

I have seen this peddled multiple times on here and Twitter. The criminal charge of BOTP is completely separate from the offence of breaching the terms and conditions of the match ticket as set out by the club and SFA/SPFL. They are not the same thing.

He can be not guilty of a BOTP, but that doesn't change the fact that they were on the pitch which means he can have his ticket revoked and no refund due, as set out in the terms and conditions that he explicitly agreed to by buying the ticket and using it.

Watch just the FA cup first few rounds and you will see more pitch invasions than Rangers have had in the last 5 or so years. "The magic of the cup", up here, your own club whip your ticket off you and think it's serious enough to lose a fan for good over it..
The FA cup is nothing to do with it. Neither are the umpteen instances where fans have been banned. Nobody has said he’s banned for good, stop the hyperbole to support your point.

The FA cup is nothing to do with it. Neither are the umpteen instances where fans have been banned. Nobody has said he’s banned for good, stop the hyperbole to support your point.

The FA cup does relate though. The cops can batter in and charge people with whatever they like, I just don't think the club actively going after young people so aggresively is a good stance to take.

I'm out the thread, but a word of warning I suppose, when all you older guys are no longer able to go, it will be left to the young team. Those young fans are being further and further removed from the club and the board. That is not a good place to be.

The FA cup does relate though. The cops can batter in and charge people with whatever they like, I just don't think the club actively going after young people so aggresively is a good stance to take.

I'm out the thread, but a word of warning I suppose, when all you older guys are no longer able to go, it will be left to the young team. Those young fans are being further and further removed from the club and the board. That is not a good place to be.
If people are going to harm the reputation of the club and fans they’ll be better off without them.

The real problem is that there is no consistency in football. If this was a game between say, Montrose v Brechin,there would be no Police. If folk run on they're either ejected or put back in the stand by stewards. There's a huge difference imo between joyful celebration and trying to incite crowd trouble. There was no malice that day. In my opinion this is political by Kilmarnock and the Police down there as the whole operation was a disaster. These arrests are deflecting the real issue that day.

On the contrary, on the pitch is not a good place to be mate. Stay in the stands and there’s no problem.

I’ve been there when we’ve scored much, much more important winning goals. Neither myself nor anyone else felt the need to go onto the pitch in the immediate aftermath and still during the game.

This is a massively key point.

Rangers fans are 100% treated different than any other support from the scum police.
Even you have to admit this?

They're talking about the treatment by the club. Not the police.

The boy’s worries are the results of his own actions and not really the club’s concern at this stage. He has breached ground rules and they are applying the appropriate response.

The court case comes from him being charged by police for a breach of the peace.

The letter is the club applying its own rules as a result of him being arrested pitchside.

The ultimate severity of the punishment will be determined once these court proceedings take place.

Bottom line is he IS guilty of breaking ground rules. He doesn’t deny that anywhere.

The criminal charge is a separate layer handled by the courts and fed on afterwards.

There is specific legislation in England to cover people going on the pitch with regulation 4 of the Football (Offences) Act 1991 covering it

Going onto the playing area.

It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

I don't think there is anything similar up here though.

I don't think any police force will take action at the time as it is likely that that will cause more problems. I was at the Accy Stanley game v Crewe and they were beaten by a lower league team but nobody ran onto the pitch.

What I did find out was that 3 Stanley fans were banned pending Polie investigations after the game at Rochdale so it's not just us that do it. I don't know what it was for as they don't say and I didn't see anything at the game.

I would hazard a guess that the incidents you highlight are one offs so it may be the Police even showed common sense. Perhaps that was what happened with us the first few times but now enough is enough, who knows?

If nothing was done then more and more people will think it's OK and go on. That's what happened to a certain extent with the Billy Boys. A few started it and as time went on more joined in and it looked like it was fine to sing it until UEFA started closing parts of the stadium.

correct

Were any of their fans arrested..?

Am replying to you saying all fans are treated the same way.
Are they %^*&.
You really hard of reading.

he said "I'm simply saddened at how fans, all fans btw, are treated by them at times. " Them as in the board.
My reply was "All fans are not treated this way, only the ones that break the rules. "

So when he mentioned the treatment of all fans by the board, my reply was also referring to all are not treated this way by the board.

I'm not spelling it out for again.

That is absolute nonsense. The club has and will always have young support coming through. Unfortunately, that young support will have a few bams but the majority will play by the rules like myself and hundreds of thousands have done over the years.

He has been banned because he is guilty of breaking the rules, stated clearly on his ticket. The court is a different case all together, where he maybe found guilty of a criminal offence.

What are you in for mate?? Rape.

What are you in for mate?? Murder.

What are you in for mate?? I ran on the pitch at Rugby Park.

They were wrong and a few have probably learned a valuable lesson, you don't need to tell me about that, but fu.ck me, some on here are utterly pathetic.

What are you in for mate?? Rape.

What are you in for mate?? Murder.

What are you in for mate?? I ran on the pitch at Rugby Park.

They were wrong and a few have probably learned a valuable lesson, you don't need to tell me about that, but fu.ck me, some on here are utterly pathetic.

To be fair, if a rapist got a ticket taken off him, he’d have got offa bit lightly.
You’re right though, folk wailing against the club over a boy losing his ST are being fairly pathetic.
He’s not been dragged out the back and shot.
As you say, a valuable lesson for him.

To be fair, if a rapist got a ticket taken off him, he’d have got offa bit lightly.
You’re right though, folk wailing against the club over a boy losing his ST are being fairly pathetic.
He’s not been dragged out the back and shot.
As you say, a valuable lesson for him.

David Martin reneges on promises.

Fact, whether you like it or not.

That is absolute nonsense. The club has and will always have young support coming through. Unfortunately, that young support will have a few bams but the majority will play by the rules like myself and hundreds of thousands have done over the years.
Hundreds and thousands have broken the rules over the years by boozing in the ground.Should we have a historic banning campaign to catch them out?
You don't half prattle some pish at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back