Bear banned for last minute winner celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can agree or disagree all you like but the fact is that fan behaviour is high profile atm, that will count against anyone who misbehaves at a game.

We'll agree to disagree but what I will say is, the time and money spent on this game and the aftermath by Police Scotland is a fu.ckin disgrace.

Some communities are being destroyed by wee neds and you can't get a Police officer for love nor money.

We're getting our priorities all wrong imo.

No complaints here.

Act sensibly and you have no problems

No complaints about strict liability? We absolutely have to ensure it never gets brought in here. Our song book that remains will be targeted as sictarian whilst there iraoke will be deemed political. Surely no rangers fan is for strict liability . That’s before you even think about what would happen if a rival fan was willing to get a small criminal punishment to earn clubs big problems e.g points deductions

No complaints about strict liability? We absolutely have to ensure it never gets brought in here. Our song book that remains will be targeted as sictarian whilst there iraoke will be deemed political. Surely no rangers fan is for strict liability . That’s before you even think about what would happen if a rival fan was willing to get a small criminal punishment to earn clubs big problems e.g points deductions
I mean no arguments that fans get bans for pyro, explosives or invading the pitch. Not strict liability

This has nothing to do with UEFA.
Ok your probably right it’s nothing to do with UEFA but I do believe the Club are just making an example of the fella to show authorities that they are acting severely to any supporter who steps out of line.

It’s way over the top to ban him. Hibs didn’t ban any supporters for the stampede of thousands. I just feel sorry for the fella.

Player & fan safety will always come above the “look at me” mentality and so it should.
What’s it going to take for people to realise they can’t do this? Someone being seriously injured or worse?
The rules are simple, stay in the stands.
if it’s “exuberance” as many are trotting out as the excuse why wasn’t the boy or any of the other 13 arrested on the field when Edu scored against Celtic, or when Morelos scored against Legia?
I said a few months ago people were going to start getting bans and I’ve been proven right. No one to blame but themselves and absolutely no excuses either

Ok your probably right it’s nothing to do with UEFA but I do believe the Club are just making an example of the fella to show authorities that they are acting severely to any supporter who steps out of line.

It’s way over the top to ban him. Hibs didn’t ban any supporters for the stampede of thousands. I just feel sorry for the fella.
Yes but we were rightfully angry about the lack of action on the Hibs fans so I don't think we should be comparing ourselves to them. Easter Road is one of the worst for fan behaviour.

Yes but we were rightfully angry about the lack of action on the Hibs fans so I don't think we should be comparing ourselves to them. Easter Road is one of the worst for fan behaviour.
Yeah you make a good point but the fella has been hammered for it. I don’t agree at all with what he has done. A shorter ban would have did the business & warned over future behaviour.

The rules are clear and if a club is found not to be taking appropriate action on unacceptable fan conduct they can be brought before a panel and fined. 25 years watching Rangers and I've been in a right state at some matches, yet never found my self on a pitch. You know the possible consequences when you do it, don't greet about it when you're having to face them.

Couple of points, what right does the club have to impose a ban for other club's grounds? Have they been in touch with every other club and sought permission for this?
Secondly, although this might seem ridiculous, what would the club do if one of our players scored a last minute winner for 55 / cup final and ran to the fans and entered the terracing -+- ban him for life?

Yeah you make a good point but the fella has been hammered for it. I don’t agree at all with what he has done. A shorter ban would have did the business & warned over future behaviour.

You seem to be assuming ‘indefinite’ means ‘forever’. It simply means ‘lasting for an unknown or unstated length of time’. Could be 20 years or it could be 20 days. Will no doubt be reviewed after his conviction.

Granted he shouldn't have been on the pitch but all he was doing was celebrating.

Way over the top punishment to one of our own

Granted he shouldn't have been on the pitch but all he was doing was celebrating.

Way over the top punishment to one of our own

Why?
I am 54 soon. Have seen so many great games and last minute winners. Never once have i thought to enter the park.
You go on the park you risk the wrath: depending on the political wind. No sympathy from me.

I suspect it will be a shorter ban once he has been convicted/cleared. Not sure what his defence is though since he is admitting it in that tweet. I also suspect he has potentially been given a legal banning order already until he appears in court even before the club sent that letter, at least I am sure that's what happened with the Hibs fan who confronted Tav at Easter Road last season.

You seem to be assuming ‘indefinite’ means ‘forever’. It simply means ‘lasting for an unknown or unstated length of time’. Could be 20 years or it could be 20 days. Will no doubt be reviewed after his conviction.
Yeah I understand surely & hopefully it’s lifted & “indefinite” must be awful to be waiting to see when & if ban is lifted. It’s harsh :oops:

Why?
I am 54 soon. Have seen so many great games and last minute winners. Never once have i thought to enter the park.
You go on the park you risk the wrath: depending on the political wind. No sympathy from me.

Yeah he should be punished but an indefinite ban before he has been found guilty?

You get less for running on the pitch and attacking players, ie hubs cup final. Hanging effigies and get nought.

Very disproportionate

Couple of points, what right does the club have to impose a ban for other club's grounds? Have they been in touch with every other club and sought permission for this?
Secondly, although this might seem ridiculous, what would the club do if one of our players scored a last minute winner for 55 / cup final and ran to the fans and entered the terracing -+- ban him for life?
It’s up to the club who they sell a ticket to and who they want representing them.

Bear who ended up on the pitch after the last minute winner vs Killie has been banned indefinitely by the club. Criminal court case still to be heard by the looks of it.

Is this appropriate action by the ClTIts

Bear who ended up on the pitch after the last minute winner vs Killie has been banned indefinitely by the club. Criminal court case still to be heard by the looks of it.

Is this appropriate action by the Club?
It's not an easy one to agree, or disagree with. Things have changed big style now

In the seventies it was ok for a few fans to run on a celebrate with the players, but now it's not on.
Times have changed and we have to accept If one fan runs on, and it's ok, Where does it stop, we have been told we can't do it , so we have to accept it

Yeah he should be punished but an indefinite ban before he has been found guilty?

You get less for running on the pitch and attacking players, ie hubs cup final. Hanging effigies and get nought.

Very disproportionate
depending on the political wind.

This is what i quoted Klos. UEFA have done us twice. RFC are taking no prisoners. I do not agree with the sentence but he laid himself open.
WE have cleaned our act up. Long may it continue.

He entered the field of play and his behaviour was enough to get arrested. It's his own fault. No sympathy.
It was becoming beyond a joke. Plenty people said what was bound to happen. They were handwringers apparently. Adults carried on doing it which no doubt led to more kids doing it who will also be in trouble. It’s time people accepted responsibility for their actions rather than blaming everyone else, especially the club who had to act. Even after Hertz closed a section our own fans carried on. Nobody can say they didnae ken.

As others have said, he made his decision to enter the field of play (probably in ignorance of the terms and conditions of the ticket sale, though that's not an excuse that will stand up in court) and now has to live with the consequences. I'm not going to judge him, but he can't portray himself as a victim in all this.

His 'joke of a club' comment is hugely disrespectful and demonstrates a lack of understanding for the position he puts the club in. I'd be tempted to say that he should wind his neck in.

As others have said, he made his decision to enter the field of play (probably in ignorance of the terms and conditions of the ticket sale, though that's not an excuse that will stand up in court) and now has to live with the consequences. I'm not going to judge him, but he can't portray himself as a victim in all this.

His 'joke of a club' comment is hugely disrespectful and demonstrates a lack of understanding for the position he puts the club in. I'd be tempted to say that he should wind his neck in.
If it's an open case he might wish he had. Likely to end up on contempt charges as well

Fans have absolutely no place on a football pitch. Whether folk agree with the ban or not, it's absolutely clear that he shouldn't have been there. Plenty of fans in attendance were able to celebrate a late winner without going onto the pitch. What makes this fan special that he should be able to do so without facing some kind of punishment?

Too many fans are exceptionally selfish.

They'll sing what they want.
They'll do what they want.

And they'll turn on the club when it tries to enforce rules and protect itself.

Unless there's a significant change in policy at the club or there's a significant lessening of the focus being placed on Rangers fans by organisations outside of the club then fans have to stick to the ground regulations and acknowledge any advice that the club gives. Anything else is little more than childish and selfish.

Nothing is more important that the reputation of the club and of the support.

Very disproportionate

Our club has no control over those issues. But they have responded in the manner you would like other clubs to respond. Can't have it both ways.

I’d be livid at the time but I wouldn’t want him banned.

I’m not the type of person that enjoys seeing any fan getting treated like a criminal at the football.

Even if they commit a crime?

Our club has no control over those issues. But they have responded in the manner you would like other clubs to respond. Can't have it both ways.

Even if they commit a crime?

Didn't say anything about the way I want other clubs to respond.

Yea, yea. Stay off the pitch.

I get it.

However, this is uttely shite from Rangers.

Get it sorted, fan liason dude :)

This is, I’m fairly certain, word for word the same letter that went out to our fans after the Cup Final against Hibs.

None of our heroes who defended our ordinary supporters when poets by the thousand attacked our players and supporters should have received any letters except letters of commendation

I've not read through all 8 pages, so apologies in advance if I've missed the point or the answer, but can I clarify....

It seems the fan is banned due to being arrested at Killie. I then read that people believe it's his own fault for being on the pitch.

Whilst I agree with that view (I don't want punters on the field), surely we've conflated wrongly being on the pitch and the arrest? Is it not the case this guys been arrested and hence banned for something more serious that noone knows and we just assume it's for invading the pitch?

How can you be arrested for being on the pitch? Genuine question...what would be the charge?

It must be for something else at the match that were unaware of the circumstances.

Reading the twitter thread he's said he was one of the photos that was released the other week by Police Scotland and that after they come out he was done with breach of the peace. Its his own fault and he absolutely deserves it.

I've not read through all 8 pages, so apologies in advance if I've missed the point or the answer, but can I clarify....

It seems the fan is banned due to being arrested at Killie. I then read that people believe it's his own fault for being on the pitch.

Whilst I agree with that view (I don't want punters on the field), surely we've conflated wrongly being on the pitch and the arrest? Is it not the case this guys been arrested and hence banned for something more serious that noone knows and we just assume it's for invading the pitch?

How can you be arrested for being on the pitch? Genuine question...what would be the charge?

It must be for something else at the match that were unaware of the circumstances.

Being done with breach of the peace

I inferred that you would like them to take action for those offences. Was I wrong to do so?

The police never took action against many of them so I think we should wait and see what happens officially with the case against him before handing him an indefinite ban.

If that wording appears on the back of the Kilmarnock ticket then those persons will be liable to "disciplinary sanctions by the Club/Event Organiser" i.e. Kilmarnock FC so why would he be banned indefinitely from Ibrox and all the other grounds in the world where Rangers are playing ? Does that mean he can't buy a ticket for the home end at Livingston tomorrow ? What authority does David Martin have over those decisions ?
He doesn’t but does it matter? Did you want him to list grounds and clubs incase somebody thinks they’re smart on the internet?

Your right.
A last minute goal isn’t emotional everyone should just have had a polite applause.
multiple millions of people have probably watched last minute goals without jumping on the pitch. There’s a bit between running on the pitch or just lightly applauding.

Reading the twitter thread he's said he was one of the photos that was released the other week by Police Scotland and that after they come out he was done with breach of the peace. Its his own fault and he absolutely deserves it.
Listen, it's totally true and I am in full agreement that the guy shouldn't be on the pitch. Not any argument there.

But come on. That act in itself isn't criminal nor should we seek to label such stupidity as a crime.

I'm no QC, but how can it be a breach of the peace? How can anyone argue in court that in the context of celebrating your team scoring a last minute winner that hes caused alarm or annoyance to the lieges. We were all celebrating, there must be 4000 causing a BOP

In fact, at any game where theres home and away fans present, whenever a goal goes in and is celebrated then that's causing annoyance to the other set. My peace was breached recently by 800 Septic fans in the corner at Ibrox.

Nor is it in public interest or bound by precedence. There was no pursuance of fans at other occasions when they've been on the pitch cheering.....lots of examples from various clubs in Scotland with no follow up

So I get the ban from Rangers if hes caught on the pitch, but I'm not getting the criminalisaton. And BOP is scraping the barrel.

Anyways, perhaps an example then of what others have highlighted as either politicization of Police Scotland and the over zealous policing of Rangers fans. Or both!!

Absolute joke that is. Seriously? Running on to the side of the pitch with over exuberance after we score a 90 minute winner is worthy of your season ticket ripped up and a lifetime ban.

Should we ban the 20,000 Hibs fans on the pitch at Hampden then?

I don’t agree with running on the pitch but the stand was severely overcrowded as well.

multiple millions of people have probably watched last minute goals without jumping on the pitch. There’s a bit between running on the pitch or just lightly applauding.
Aye, I'm one of them. Would never go on the pitch and am happy to call out those who do.

But it doesn't make it criminal. We can't just make it try and fit into a common law BOP charge. Totally smacks of desperation.

Who's he placing into a state of fear or alarm? Annoyance or disturbance??

Aye, I'm one of them. Would never go on the pitch and am happy to call out those who do.

But it doesn't make it criminal. We can't just make it try and fit into a common law BOP charge. Totally smacks of desperation.

Who's he placing into a state of fear or alarm? Annoyance or disturbance??
It’s against the rules of the stadium. I’ve no idea about the charge. Maybe it was disabled people in the shelter who were annoyed or disturbed? People at their work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back