Bear banned for last minute winner celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said one made the other right ?

What I said is the hypocrisy knows no bounds . The club are happy to publicly hammer a 15 year old boy for going on the park and “ show they mean business” , but when it comes to fans extremely well known to the club behaving in a way that UEFA deem worthy of partial closure of Ibrox , suddenly we are all collectively to blame , no bannings, no letters , no tickets removed or removal from travel club . We can all see the double standards here , I know you can as well you just won’t admit it .

A case of the club as usual taking the route of least resistance , opportunism to hammer an easy target , look how strict we are . In much the same way they like to blame the union bears for everything and anything that happens at one of our games, and turn a blind eye to all the rest .
There’s no hypocrisy. If they’d been charged they’d be banned. They weren’t. You’re lashing out at everybody else and it’s nobody else’s fault.

Rangers, Rangers players, other fans all being dragged in to blame or deflect.

An absolute joke. In a country where we should be looking to get as many fans through the gates as possible, to treat fans like that is ridiculous.

A last minute winner anywhere in the world would have been celebrated like that.

The club should have ordered the kid to a meeting on a set date at a set time. Gave him a final written warning on the matter.
I feel it needs stamped out, but there are ways to do these things.
After that? A 3 month ban.
Then maybe indefinite.
How can this be a shock to anybody? How is warning after warning going to sort the problem? 3 times of being identified via the media and charged along with the bad publicity before any action is taken?

An absolute joke. In a country where we should be looking to get as many fans through the gates as possible, to treat fans like that is ridiculous.

A last minute winner anywhere in the world would have been celebrated like that.
There’s last minute winners almost every week in most leagues and fans stay in the stands.

Situations are incomparable.

Fans running on for a scrap on the centre of the pitch compared to a 15 year old celebrating a list minute winner with his heroes.

Can easily tell the people who go to away games and those that don't. Anyone criticising the boy for celebrating the way he did is either at it or a hypocrite.

There’s last minute winners almost every week in most leagues and fans stay in the stands.

Last minute winner yesterday in the FA cup, 90+7 minutes, fans on the park. Wonder what will happen here:

1. It will be shown over and over and proclaimed 'the magic of the cup'.
2, The club safety officer will ban the lot of them.

I think I know which will happen.

Last minute winner yesterday in the FA cup, 90+7 minutes, fans on the park. Wonder what will happen here:

Exactly .

What concerns me in cases like this is that so many lose all sense of perspective.

It suits certain vested interests to portray misbehaviour at football as a major social problem deserving a draconian response.

The real reason there is such a focus on football is because politicians view Rangers as a - perhaps the - symbol of Unionism in Scotland and strive to damage the club as much as possible. They’re really only concerned about songs but will gladly seize other issues as an excuse to impose what they call ‘strict liability’.

There are far more serious problems facing Scotland involving 15 year-old youths than running on to football pitches. How on earth can Police Scotland whinge about lack of money when they devote so much effort to trivia like this?

Scotland’s political establishment refused to blame Hibs fans for “over-exuberance” following rhe scenes at the 2016 Cup Final.

Decisions like this are of no real benefit to Rangers and serve only to build barriers between the club and support. The club still doesn’t seem to understand that it has to be seen by the fans as being on the same side. Lawwell has always been smart enough to realise that Maertin Bain’s ‘fans are customers’ model was completely inappropriate in an Old Firm context.

We’ve had fans going on for years. I have a feeling there’s more to this but either way going on the pitch needed to stop.

Absolute joke that is. Seriously? Running on to the side of the pitch with over exuberance after we score a 90 minute winner is worthy of your season ticket ripped up and a lifetime ban.

Should we ban the 20,000 Hibs fans on the pitch at Hampden then?

I don’t agree with running on the pitch but the stand was severely overcrowded as well.
It's not a lifetime ban.

If you ask me those 20,000 (it wasn't 20000 but no matter) should have been banned, some of them for Life. But then again I have zero sympathy for Hibs fans so maybe I'm not the person to ask.

We’ve had fans going on for years. I have a feeling there’s more to this but either way going on the pitch needed to stop.

Were you at Pittodrie in the 80s?
Were you in Barcelona in 72?
Helicopter sunday?

Just three examples of fans being on the park going back decades. All these events are revered as being some of the best times being a fan and the celebrations.

But as usual a 15 year old does it now and people agree with a banning order.

Who said one made the other right ?

What I said is the hypocrisy knows no bounds . The club are happy to publicly hammer a 15 year old boy for going on the park and “ show they mean business” , but when it comes to fans extremely well known to the club behaving in a way that UEFA deem worthy of partial closure of Ibrox , suddenly we are all collectively to blame , no bannings, no letters , no tickets removed or removal from travel club . We can all see the double standards here , I know you can as well you just won’t admit it .

A case of the club as usual taking the route of least resistance , opportunism to hammer an easy target , look how strict we are . In much the same way they like to blame the union bears for everything and anything that happens at one of our games, and turn a blind eye to all the rest .
I tend to agree on your point. On the first UEFA section closure, the club were quick to close BF1 when that is where the offensive singing was identified as coming from. Without knowing whether individuals sang or not, they lost their seats without any relocation for the next match.

When the away support in Warsaw (I think) were identified as singing offensive songs for the 2nd UEFA section closure, there was no action against fans whom the club knew were in attendance. Just random sections of the grounds closed for the next match.

I appreciate the club needs to take action where damage is being done to our reputation, whether it be by offensive singing, running onto the pitch, setting off flares, etc. Sometimes it doesn't seem very even handed.

There are degrees, and let the punishment fit the crime. He was a Bear who was overjoyed at a vital last second winner, that's it.

Should everyone with a criminal conviction be barred for life from Ibrox, why make it only football related, what about speeding fines?

And is it only those caught and convicted, perhaps moral agents like yourself can enforce self-banning, so anyone who's streamed a game or watched a pirate video or been in a street fight or taken a leek in public can just impose a life ban on themselves?
Taking a leek in public is theft from a greengrocer.

I tend to agree on your point. On the first UEFA section closure, the club were quick to close BF1 when that is where the offensive singing was identified as coming from. Without knowing whether individuals sang or not, they lost their seats without any relocation for the next match.

When the away support in Warsaw (I think) were identified as singing offensive songs for the 2nd UEFA section closure, there was no action against fans whom the club knew were in attendance. Just random sections of the grounds closed for the next match.

I appreciate the club needs to take action where damage is being done to our reputation, whether it be by offensive singing, running onto the pitch, setting off flares, etc. Sometimes it doesn't seem very even handed.
The club never took tickets for an away game which effectively closed the away section for a game.

i find it very harsh indeed this but is he banned for entering the pitch or was it maybe the fan who wrecked the disabled shelter? if this is just for entering the pitch i feel sorry for him but if its the causing of the damage done tonthe disabled section then i think rangers have obvs gave him the severe punishment
Nobody wrecked the disabled shelter, it collapsed due to being unfit for purpose,

Helicopter sunday?

Just three examples of fans being on the park going back decades. All these events are revered as being some of the best times being a fan and the celebrations.

I was at Easter Road :)) Other two you’re showing your age:p

Surely if he has to be given a ban it should only be for a month or for 2 or 3 home games.

The club have been overzealous on this occasion.

We didn’t get a second closure, Rangers refused tickets which was pointless as YB opened a section up for us anyway

Helicopter sunday?

Slight difference between those matches and the first game v Killie and most other matches it’s been happening in recently. As I said earlier in the thread I can only see criminal trespass as a charge for only going on the pitch but I don’t think that is a law in Scotland so there’s maybe more to this.

Give the lad a warning at the most.
We need to get youth gooo Oz ing to the games, they are our future.
We were all young once.

If it’s just a ban from Rangers and not an actual banning order from the police he can still go and not get caught anyway, loads do it

I was at Easter Road :)) Other two you’re showing your age:p

Haha, I was too young to be at Easter Road!

It's so frustrating being a fan of certain age. You look at what's gone on before with fans and how older generations talk with nostalgia of Birmingham, Manchester etc. Yet young fans now get slaughtered for everything.

Slight difference between those matches and the first game v Killie and most other matches it’s been happening in recently. As I said earlier in the thread I can only see criminal trespass as a charge for only going on the pitch but I don’t think that is a law in Scotland so there’s maybe more to this.

How is it a difference?

You are only saying there is a difference to justify older Bears doing it 'back in the day'.

It's so frustrating being a fan of certain age. You look at what's gone on before with fans and how older generations talk with nostalgia of Birmingham, Manchester etc. Yet young fans now get slaughtered for everything.
I would’ve just turned 14that season.

Yeah I completely agree, people look back with fondness on those trips yet are actively saying a young guy should be banned for celebrating a goal. Doesn’t begin to make sense haha

Surely if he has to be given a ban it should only be for a month or for 2 or 3 home games.

The club have been overzealous on this occasion.
We don't know how long the ban is for, although it will almost certainly last until the outcome of the Court Case is known..

Surely you can see a difference between those matches.

Both times fans were on the park. The only difference is that those events happened a long time ago and the people that ran on the park are now grumpy old men.

The Kilmarnock goal was a massive goal, granted not as big a moment as the ones mentioned, but both times fans were on the park. Only one situation you think fans deserve to be arrested though, just so happens to be the most recent one and it was younger fans involved?

There is no difference . He’s saying it’s different to try and justify his defence of the club banning a 15 year old supporter , ripping up his season ticket with no refund and possibly influencing the outcome of his pending charge .

No right thinking bear sees this as appropriate action . It’s a disgrace .

We'll agree to disagree but what I will say is, the time and money spent on this game and the aftermath by Police Scotland is a fu.ckin disgrace.

Some communities are being destroyed by wee neds and you can't get a Police officer for love nor money.

We're getting our priorities all wrong imo.
So it's Police Scotland's fault now?

There is no difference . He’s saying it’s different to try and justify his defence of the club banning a 15 year old supporter , ripping up his season ticket with no refund and possibly influencing the outcome of his pending charge .

A few on here seem to, frightening

You have a flair for the dramatic don't you..?

I don't know about anyone else, but this kid hasn't been banned for Life. Right now we don't know how long he'll be banned for..
Sarcasm mate...

anyway I’ve got a bus to get ready for

Of course there’s a difference in the matches and the times. Anybody who says there’s no difference between an opening day goal v Killie and Barca 72 is clearly talking nonsense.

“wobay tide”somebody has a different opinion to you.

It's not a disgrace. It's an appropriate - some might say an obligatory - reaction given the circumstances.

If someone is accused of a Criminal or Disciplinary action at work they are usually suspended until an investigation is held. So temporarily banning someone is a prudent step to take and just because someone is suspended doesn't make them guilty. I don't think any Judge would regard that action as prejudicial.

I will agree with you that forfeiting his season book right now is a step too far and if the kid doesn't receive a banning order then his season book should be reinstated and the games he misses in the interim be regarded as punishment enough.

Of course there’s a difference in the matches and the times. Anybody who says there’s no difference between an opening day goal v Killie and Barca 72 is clearly talking nonsense.

“wobay tide”somebody has a different opinion to you.

So you want to apply YOUR standards on when it’s appropriate or applicable to invade the pitch . No bother . :rolleyes:

We didn’t get a second closure, Rangers refused tickets which was pointless as YB opened a section up for us anyway
I thought the first section closure was v Legia (relating to the St Joseph's charge), and the second was v Feyenoord (relating to Legia away charge).

Apologies for taking the thread off track anyway. I was just trying to give a comparison that I feel this young lad has been harshly treated. Okay, it looks like he f****d up by going onto the pitch to celebrate. An indefinite ban seems extreme in my opinion, hopefully he gets a chance to sit down with someone from the club when his case is over to resolve the duration of the ban. I'm sure he will have learned a difficult lesson, like to think he can get back following the team he feels passionately about when the dust settles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back