Bear banned for last minute winner celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a ridiculous little country this has become, banned and criminal record for celebrating a goal, did the thousands of hibs fans end up arrested? And it’s disgraceful from the club, pick on their own as they have no balls to challenge other team’s support
In your opinion should anything have been done to punish Hibs and/or their fans for those actions..?

Well I have to say I’m unsurprised by the ridiculous , over zealous , judgmental decision he has made .

Cancelling his season ticket without refund for celebrating ? Ban indefinite from all games ?? Before trial ???

This is outrageous and unacceptable heavy handed nonsense if indeed all the chap did was celebrate with the players .

If he defeats the charge , and I could see it being dismissed as a waste of court time , he’s due a refund , apology and compensation from Martin .

But we may have lost a fan for life - I wouldn’t blame the guy for chucking it for good anyway .
No.
Standard of proof required for banning somebody from your property will be much less than what required for a criminal conviction.
Like a shop, the stadium is owned by the club and is open to the public by invitation.
That invitation can be revoked at any time without reasons given.
By the way, I’m not suggesting the club are correct here.

Can see both sides, but the punishment is too severe. Fair enough he got caught up in the emotion, jeezo I slid across the carpet, football often grips you like that. Ban him for a month let him learn. Remember we are all supposed to be in this together

Apologies for the link........but got assume this will turn sour as well.

Whilst going on the pitch is wrong, banning all these young lads is way OTT in my view.

Doesn’t merit a ban though.

With your view you could blame the players for going right up to the fans and celebrating with them.

That is something which needs to be clarified to avoid cards which could be down to a particular referee.

I'm certain that, last season, cards were issued against our players for this - It needs to be properly set out probably by FIFA !

Can see both sides, but the punishment is too severe. Fair enough he got caught up in the emotion, jeezo I slid across the carpet, football often grips you like that. Ban him for a month let him learn. Remember we are all supposed to be in this together
They might do that to be fair. It might even ou be until he is convicted / cleared

No.
Standard of proof required for banning somebody from your property will be much less than what required for a criminal conviction.
Like a shop, the stadium is owned by the club and is open to the public by invitation.
That invitation can be revoked at any time without reasons given.
By the way, I’m not suggesting the club are correct here.

Or like an employer sacking someone before a criminal conviction. Take as example what the bheasts should have done with their nonce employees. They should have acted reasonably regardless of any future criminal proceedings, but they didn't and the abuse continued.

I think it’s very harsh, like most of the replies. But if you don’t take a very strong stance then you’ll just have people running on the pitch knowing fine well they won’t get punished.

Unlike the scum across the city. Who just let their fans get away with murder.

When we win 55 hopefully this season.. no police officer no steward will stop me from entering the pitch at the end and no greeting faced uber fans on here will stop my enjoyment when it happens SUCK IT UP AS THE SAY

Over exuberance in celebrating a goal. Didn’t harm anyone and certainly didn’t bring the club into disrepute. Why is it a court matter?, should just be asked to leave the stadium. If there is nothing more to it then has been dealt heavy handed by the law and the club.

Feel for the guy, easy to say he should not have went on the track, but now wondering what the statute of limitation is for being on the pitch at Wembley 1977.
Ancient Loyal

I was there that day as well, pissed after drinking all night on a bus down from Scotland. I stayed off the pitch and rolled my eyes at the daft c*nts making an eejit of themselves pulling down crossbars and the like. After winning what was, effectively, a friendly match.;)

His access to games should have suspended pending the outcome of the legal proceedings.

If found guilty, then deliver the sanctions that have been given out.

Is it not about time that individuals took responsibility for their actions? He invaded the pitch and is now the victim.

I can understand the wish of some posters to show solidarity with a fellow bear, but his actions caused embarrassment to the club and played into the hands of our enemies.

If you make a Gareth Hunt of yourself then be big enough to take the consequences and learn from the situation.

Harsh but you have to have a stance about fans running on the park.

Maybe a stern letter stating they will monitor his behaviour in next 12 months yadda yadda yadda.

His access to games should have suspended pending the outcome of the legal proceedings.

If found guilty, then deliver the sanctions that have been given out.

His tweet acknowledges he was on the pitch with the players. We don’t know what he’s been charged with but it doesn’t sound like he has a good defence.

Is it not about time that individuals took responsibility for their actions? He invaded the pitch and is now the victim.

I can understand the wish of some posters to show solidarity with a fellow bear, but his actions caused embarrassment to the club and played into the hands of our enemies.

If you make a Gareth Hunt of yourself then be big enough to take the consequences and learn from the situation.

Aye they were that embarrassed a player sent a signed photo of himself with one of the lads on the pitch.

Tbh %^*& our enemies couldn’t give a %^*& what they think.

His tweet acknowledges he was on the pitch with the players. We don’t know what he’s been charged with but it doesn’t sound like he has a good defence.
Fair point. In that case, the club is right.

It’s stupid behaviour.

Sorry if it offends. Invade the pitch or sing banned songs and you will get what’s coming.

The club comes first.

Aye they were that embarrassed a player sent a signed photo of himself with one of the lads on the pitch.

Tbh %^*& our enemies couldn’t give a %^*& what they think.

Good thinking Gramps. Let's all just invade the pitch for a photoshoot at the end of every match.

Pathetic punishment, a season ban would have sent the message and even then a rest of this season. One way to alienate an away support.

I
You’re actually comparing us to the filth? We hold ourselves to a higher standard. Surely you must know that.

I’m not saying I agree or disagree with the ban. I’ll refrain from passing judgement until I know more about what he allegedly did.

It's just a shame the club couldn't do the same. Chucked under the bus.

The ban and removal of season ticket without compensation seems harsh, considering he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet.

As for any ban, how do the club stop someone who is banned getting into Ibrox who gets a mate to buy them ticket in public sale, or buys spare online or at subway? Pretty sure it would be easy to attend matches even if banned, if you were determined.

I was there that day as well, pissed after drinking all night on a bus down from Scotland. I stayed off the pitch and rolled my eyes at the daft c*nts making an eejit of themselves pulling down crossbars and the like. After winning what was, effectively, a friendly match.;)
Me too, was that pished I couldn't get over the wee wall onto the pitch.

The ban and removal of season ticket without compensation seems harsh, considering he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet.

As for any ban, how do the club stop someone who is banned getting into Ibrox who gets a mate to buy them ticket in public sale, or buys spare online or at subway? Pretty sure it would be easy to attend matches even if banned, if you were determined.

There’s plenty folk on banning orders get into games.

What should his punishment have been (if any)..?

The guy in question has been found guilty of nothing as yet..so, who are the club to punish bim before the courts deal with the case? It's frankly outrageous and what if it's prejudicial towards his forthcoming court case?

I take it this guy has a season ticket and it's that which has been taken away so what would stop him buying a ticket for a game and attending?

The players ran off the pitch and towards the support in a gesture that was saying to me," let's celebrate".

Last edited:
We scored a last minute winner against Legia Warsaw in a far bigger game. Didn't see anyone on the park.
Sadly, it's become some sort of badge of honour at away games and not only by kids.
Live by the sword...

we must be less passionate and the goal must’ve meant less:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back