Bear banned for last minute winner celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy in question has been found guilty of nothing as yet..so, who are the club to punish bim before the courts deal with the case? It's frankly outrageous and what if it's prejudicial towards his forthcoming court case?

I take it this guy has a season ticket and it's that which has been taken away so what would stop him buying a ticket for a game and attending?

The players ran off the pitch and towards the support in a gesture that was saying to me," let's celebrate".

He’s acknowledged in his tweet that he was on the pitch celebrating with the players. He also says he was arrested after the photos were published so they have that on him as well. I’m not seeing what his defence might be here to get off with it. Should’ve stayed in the stand.

Last edited:
That’s wrong. Absolutely too much, especially prior to court. He’s encroached the pitch by a few yards after a last minute winner to celebrate a goal. There was no nastiness, nothing pre-meditated, nothing horrible.

I get frustrated at the kids going on the pitch and it’s become too common but the courts will rightly or wrongly deal with it - the club don’t need to twist the knife.

I think the courts will teach him the lesson, the club are too keen to go after our own. I could even understand if it was for sectarianism or similar but that’s ridiculous.
If it was dealt with at the time-ok.

But.this was.over 3 months ago now. What harm was actually done?

Is Scotland so crime free that this is an issue?

For all of you saying that the decision is ridiculous, what would you like to happen if opposition fans or fan encroached the pitch at Ibrox if their team were to score a winner in the final minute, just saying.
I wouldn’t want him banned, that’s for sure.

Fair point. In that case, the club is right.

It’s stupid behaviour.

Sorry if it offends. Invade the pitch or sing banned songs and you will get what’s coming.

The club comes first.
I'd imagine fans bringing in flares or pyros might find themselves getting similar treatment in the not so distant future.

I think the club are getting on the front foot for strict liability coming.

i think its yourself that coming across as a embarrassment

you have been biting like a crocodile this entire thread, you are painfully easy
He knows one of the kids that’s getting pulled for nothing more than celebrating a goal and am sure he said the wee fella is gutted incase he gets his season took off him.
No wonder he’s pissed....

It may seem harsh, but something had to be done about idiots running onto the park after we score a goal, due to it happening more frequently, in greater numbers.

Ask yourself this, if Celtc scored a last minute winner against us at Ibrox and 40-50 of them came onto the pitch, would you be saying "och it's just over exuberance, don't be hard on them, a wee warning will suffice"? No chance, you would rightly be calling for them to be locked up and banned from Ibrox for life.

To those saying "It's understandable, it was a huge goal." Absolute nonsense. Yes, it got us a valuable 3 points, but it was the first game of the season against Kilmarnock, FFS.

All in all, I've been to well over 1,000 Rangers games and seen hundreds of goals that were far more important than a first game of the season winner at Rugby Park.

I was at Easter Rd in 1975, when Colin Stein scored the goal to end Celtc's NIAR.

I was at Pittodrie in 1987, when Terry Butcher scored the goal to win us our first title in a decade under Souness.

I was at Tannadice in 1997, when Brian Laudrup scored the goal to win our NIAR.

Arguably, the above were 3 of the most important goals that we have scored in my years following Rangers and I celebrated like hell, but not once have I felt the urge to jump over the wall and go onto the track or the field of play.

It is plain stupid and really isn't necessary.

Hopefully, the guy will have learned his lesson and in a couple of seasons the club will lift the ban, but if he is looking for someone to blame, rather than the club, I suggest he uses a mirror.

Absolutely pathetic from the club,the lad looks about 18 ffs indefinite ban is absolutely ridiculous

How did the club get his name off the authorities? Pretty sure under the GDPR act private or confidential information cannot be shared.

It can of there is good reason to share it.

The club wanting to know if somebody they sold a ticket to got arrested would be good reason.

People still not understanding the ban :D too much of a rush to be all indignant I guess. He is not banned for ever and ever, his time away will be determined after his court case.

Also, folk saying that the club should treat him as innocent until proven guilty, really? If you are accused of a crime at your work place, you will be suspended, potentially ‘indefinitely’ pending criminal proceedings.

Would've been bad enough if the club hadn't have been happy enough to share photos of those celebrations for days after it.

People still not understanding the ban :D too much of a rush to be all indignant I guess. He is not banned for ever and ever, his time away will be determined after his court case.

Also, folk saying that the club should treat him as innocent until proven guilty, really? If you are accused of a crime at your work place, you will be suspended, potentially ‘indefinitely’ pending criminal proceedings.
Admitting it in his tweet not helping the the cries of innocent either.

Indeed. There’s also the fact everyone is missing that he’s acknowledged the offence, saying he was on the pitch and the Police have photos to prove it.

It’s fair enough to disagree with the punishment but let’s not pretend he didn’t commit the offence. He’s acknowledged he did.

I’m sure if he’s acquitted on some weird technicality then his punishment from the Club will be reviewed. It’s looking highly unlikely though.

That needs to be legally challenged.
Nothing to lose as he's banned anyway.
Terms and conditions of season ticket purchase needs scrutinised to see if arrestment allows for banning.
Being arrested doesn't bring the club into disrepute.
It’s clearly stated in the Ts & Cs.

The guy in question has been found guilty of nothing as yet..so, who are the club to punish bim before the courts deal with the case? It's frankly outrageous and what if it's prejudicial towards his forthcoming court case?

I take it this guy has a season ticket and it's that which has been taken away so what would stop him buying a ticket for a game and attending?

The players ran off the pitch and towards the support in a gesture that was saying to me," let's celebrate".

You just posted a video that shows fans jumping over the wall as soon as the goal goes in, before anybody runs to the fans.

The video also shows nobody jumping over to join the players when Goldson approaches the fans.

So well done proving that the people on the pitch did it themself and completely unprovoked from the players.

Indeed. There’s also the fact everyone is missing that he’s acknowledged the offence, saying he was on the pitch and the Police have photos to prove it.

It’s fair enough to disagree with the punishment but let’s not pretend he didn’t commit the offence. He’s acknowledged he did.

I’m sure if he’s acquitted on some weird technicality then his punishment from the Club will be reviewed. It’s looking highly unlikely though.

What if he is found guilty and not given a football banning order? The players ran right towards to celebrate with the fans. The players didn't stay on the pitch.

For me, the guy has been caught up in the euphoria of celebrating a last-minute winner.

He could go to Livi tomorrow and sit in their end. Martin can't determine who goes to so done else's ground.
He could also get into Ibrox if someone else gets him a ticket, that’s not the point, I was merely pointing out that we agree to the Ts&Cs when we buy a ticket.

What if he is found guilty and not given a football banning order? The players ran right towards to celebrate with the fans. The players didn't stay on the pitch.

For me, the guy has been caught up in the euphoria of celebrating a last-minute winner.
If found guilty he will get a banning order though.

Doesn’t matter, the Club have the right to withdraw season tickets whenever they like.

The club have no jurisdiction over another clubs ground. Quoting that he can't attend a match involving us is tosh, he is incorrect.

He is free to go to any away game, unless a banning order issues.

See post #226. Fans on the pitch before the players went to them.

We’ve all been there for last minute winners. As pointed out earlier in the thread, Alfie’s goal against Legia was way more important. How many got ‘caught up in the euphoria’ and ran onto the pitch?

At what point does it become justified? Last minute winner in a Cup Final? Title clinching goal 5 minutes before the end on the last day of the season? Winner against the Dhims 10 minutes from the end? The Legia winner? Late in the very first game of the season? What’s the cut-off?

It is simple and straightforward to stay in the stands during a match. Thousands, if not tens of thousands, manage it on a regular basis. It’s time these encroachments, from fans of all clubs, stopped.

My mate was found guilty of assaulting a Hibs thug and never received a football banning order due to extreme provocation and exemplary employment record.
This case has a higher profile due to the coverage, it almost guarantees banning orders.

This case has a higher profile due to the coverage, it almost guarantees banning orders.

added to the whole mood music around fan behaviour at the moment, it’s no surprise he’s got a ban. The club is clearly taking a no nonsense approach to any and all poor behaviour by fans, and quite rightly imo

If someone from our club has promised something, then it should be delivered on.
I doubt the club would leave an empty seat on the off chance as the demands so high so I'm not sure I believe a promise like that was made! not really sure what my opinion is on this I've been following the bears since I was a boy seen some sights over the years far more important wins than that game and never once thought I'd go on the pitch indefinate ban seems a bit harsh but everybody knows we get scrutinised more than any other team by a long way so I suspect the club are setting a precedent so no one else is likely to get in bother in the future! I bet after seeing this letter a good few have already been put off even thinking about doing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back