Bear in Mind - Can you answer these 5 Rangers related questions? (Friday 14th)

MrBearightside

Can you name the 4 bears from snippets from their Wikipedia?

1) "In the 2004–05 season (his first season with Rangers) he injured the cruciate ligament in his knee while playing. The injury was supposed to keep him off the field for months but he was only off for one Scottish League Cup match and was back the next week as he believed God would keep him fit, a move which worried medical staff and supporters alike. His leg and form held up for the rest of the season, which saw his first SPL medal but the same injury eventually caught up with him, ruling him out of Trinidad And Tobago's World Cup 2006 campaign. When he scored for Rangers, or won the Man of the Match at Ibrox Stadium, the song "I'm a Believer" by The Monkees was played."

Clue - Initals
MA

Answer -
Marvin Andrews

2) "He moved on loan to Scottish Premier League club Rangers on the last day of the transfer window. He made his debut for Rangers on 12 February 2011 in a 6–0 win over Motherwell at Ibrox. He kept his place in the side, and he scored his first senior goal in a 1–0 victory over St Mirren on 6 March 2011.

A knee ligament injury sustained against PSV Eindhoven in the Europa League ruled him out of action for the remainder of the season, seeing him miss Rangers' Scottish League Cup final win over Celtic and the run-in to their league title win."

Clue - Initals
KB

Answer -
Kyle Bartley

3) "In 2002–03, he scored 23 league goals, making him the third-highest Premiership goalscorer (and the highest English goalscorer) for that season. His fine form helped Southampton reach the 2003 FA Cup Final, their first since victory in 1976. Southampton lost 1–0 to Arsenal and he had to settle for a runners-up medal.

He eventually left Southampton in January 2005, joining Everton for a £6 million fee."

Clue - Initals
JB

Answer -
James Beattie

***Older Bear***

4) "Rangers manager John Greig paid £150,000 to sign him for the Glasgow club in 1980. In three seasons at Ibrox he won a Scottish Cup winners medal (1980–81) and a League Cup winners medal (1981–82). During this spell he also earned his first selection for the Scotland national side, making the first of 26 appearances in 1982. He left Rangers in 1983 for a second spell with Lokeren.

He returned to his native land joining Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen in 1985 for £300,000."

Clue - Initals
JB

Answer -
Jim Bett

Name team marked with XXX.

You will have to work out who the player is, then work out the club.

5)
1988–1999 Ajax 328 (30)
1999–2003 Barcelona 144 (5)
2003–2004 XXX 15 (1)
2004 Rangers 15 (2)
2004–2005 Al-Rayyan 16 (5)
2005–2006 Al-Shamal 1 (0)

Clue - Initals of player
FdB

Clue - Name of player
Frank de Boer

Clue - Initals of team
GSK

Answer -
Galatasaray

I look forward to your comments!

Enjoy your day Bears!

1,3 without initials
2 wrong
3 needed initials
4 talked myself out him until I read initials
5 needed initials as forgot he played elsewhere after us. Needed initials for club as I picked wrong one out of two guesses (both same country)

Didn’t get the team as part of 5, even with the clue.

All other questions correct with no clues required.

Full house today MrB. Needed clues for 2 and the team in 5. Thanks again mate. Enjoy your Friday

First ever full house including older bear. Needed the clue for 2 and the clue for team in 5.

after this weeks result this is about the only thread I’m popping into bear pit for then I %^*& off back to the lounge.

Got 1, 3, 4 and both sections of 5 without clues. Got number 2 with the clue and was kicking myself! So close to 100%.

Got them all without clues except the team in the last question which I had no idea even with clue.

Can you name the 4 bears from snippets from their Wikipedia?

1) "In the 2004–05 season (his first season with Rangers) he injured the cruciate ligament in his knee while playing. The injury was supposed to keep him off the field for months but he was only off for one Scottish League Cup match and was back the next week as he believed God would keep him fit, a move which worried medical staff and supporters alike. His leg and form held up for the rest of the season, which saw his first SPL medal but the same injury eventually caught up with him, ruling him out of Trinidad And Tobago's World Cup 2006 campaign. When he scored for Rangers, or won the Man of the Match at Ibrox Stadium, the song "I'm a Believer" by The Monkees was played."

Clue - Initals
MA

Answer -
Marvin Andrews

2) "He moved on loan to Scottish Premier League club Rangers on the last day of the transfer window. He made his debut for Rangers on 12 February 2011 in a 6–0 win over Motherwell at Ibrox. He kept his place in the side, and he scored his first senior goal in a 1–0 victory over St Mirren on 6 March 2011.

A knee ligament injury sustained against PSV Eindhoven in the Europa League ruled him out of action for the remainder of the season, seeing him miss Rangers' Scottish League Cup final win over Celtic and the run-in to their league title win."

Clue - Initals
KB

Answer -
Kyle Bartley

3) "In 2002–03, he scored 23 league goals, making him the third-highest Premiership goalscorer (and the highest English goalscorer) for that season. His fine form helped Southampton reach the 2003 FA Cup Final, their first since victory in 1976. Southampton lost 1–0 to Arsenal and he had to settle for a runners-up medal.

He eventually left Southampton in January 2005, joining Everton for a £6 million fee."

Clue - Initals
JB

Answer -
James Beattie

***Older Bear***

4) "Rangers manager John Greig paid £150,000 to sign him for the Glasgow club in 1980. In three seasons at Ibrox he won a Scottish Cup winners medal (1980–81) and a League Cup winners medal (1981–82). During this spell he also earned his first selection for the Scotland national side, making the first of 26 appearances in 1982. He left Rangers in 1983 for a second spell with Lokeren.

He returned to his native land joining Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen in 1985 for £300,000."

Clue - Initals
JB

Answer -
Jim Bett

Name team marked with XXX.

You will have to work out who the player is, then work out the club.

5)
1988–1999 Ajax 328 (30)
1999–2003 Barcelona 144 (5)
2003–2004 XXX 15 (1)
2004 Rangers 15 (2)
2004–2005 Al-Rayyan 16 (5)
2005–2006 Al-Shamal 1 (0)

Clue - Initals of player
FdB

Clue - Name of player
Frank de Boer

Clue - Initals of team
GSK

Answer -
Galatasaray

I look forward to your comments!

Enjoy your day Bears!

100% . I played against the older bear a few times at school boy level. He was better than me obviously.

Back