Bear in Mind - Can you answer these 5 Rangers related questions? (Saturday 22nd)

MrBearightside

Can you name the 4 bears from snippets from their Wikipedia?

1) "In the 2012 semi-finals, against Spain, he missed his penalty shootout attempt in a 4–2 loss."

Clue - Initals
BA

Answer -
Bruno Alves

2) "He made his debut for Rangers in a Scottish Premiershipmatch against Partick Thistle on 7 May 2017, coming on as a 71st-minute substitute in a 2-1 win for the Gers.

On 15 August 2018, he joined League Two side Bury on loan until January 2019. He then moved on loan to Raith Rovers in January 2019, for the rest of the 2018/19 season."

Clue - Initals
JB

Answer -
Jamie Barjonas

3) "After spells at Manchester United and West Ham he signed for Rangers on a one-year contract on 7 July 2007. He made his only appearance for Rangers against East Fife in a League Cup match on 26 September 2007."

Clue - Initals
RC

Answer -
Roy Carroll

***Older Bear***

4) "He signed for Rangers for £30,000 in May 1982. He made his Rangers debut on 4 September 1982, at the age of 26, with the match versus Motherwell ending in a 2–2 draw. Rangers – Player by Player, a book written by Bob Ferrier and Robert McElroy described him: "He was a wholehearted full-back who had pace and was addicted to storming forward to use a powerful shot." He departed Ibrox after the arrival of Graeme Souness, moving onto Airdrieonians for the start of the 1986–87 season. He then signed for Kilmarnock at the start of the 1989-90 season and scored the penalty kick versus Cowdenbeath on the final day of that season, to gain promotion from Division Two for the East Ayrshire club."

Clue - Initals
DM

Answer -
Dave MacKinnon

Name team marked with XXX.

You will have to work out who the player is, then work out the club.

5)
1980–1983 XXX 74 (11)
1983–1989 Everton 210 (48)
1989–1991 Rangers 55 (6)
1991–1992 Olympique de Marseille 28 (3)
1992–1997 Rangers 77 (10)

Clue - Initals of player
TS

Clue - Name of player
Trevor Steven

Clue - Initals of team
BFC

Answer -
Burnley

I look forward to your comments!

Enjoy your weekend Bears!

Needed the clue for 2&3,never got the older bear:oops:.First time I haven't I think
Needed the clue for the team in 5
Cheers Mr B,you have a long lie this morning ?

Didn’t get 1 or 3
Number two I have still got hopes fir as a bear
Really liked him

okder bears will remember the song fir the older player to the tune of an old beer advert :)

got the player easy enough but not the team

cheers buddy smother great quiz

Needed the clue for 2&3,never got the older bear:oops:.First time I haven't I think
Needed the clue for the team in 5
Cheers Mr B,you have a long lie this morning ?
I had a cracking lie in this morning, weekends off for me so it's a slow start to the day.

Would have been a longer one had it not been for the wind battering the street.

I'm not sure many will get number 5 without a clue

Found that tricky today.

Needed the clues for 1 and 2, didn’t get 3, a little young to remember 4 but got 5.

I needed the initials for number 1, but got the others without too much trouble, although I spent a few minutes on number 3. I knew the player and team in number 5 straight away, honestly.

Hard today. Only got n number 1 and Trevor Steven but didn't know he was with Burnley. Cheers mate. Look forward to these every day

Didn‘t get one or three!
Couldn’t think of a Spanish player we had back then.
Checked the answer before rechecking the question!
Number three is my weakest area of the team.
Older bear easily enough and got the player but no idea who he played for before Everton.
Looking forward to tomorrow already.

Didn‘t get one or three!
Couldn’t think of a Spanish player we had back then.
Checked the answer before rechecking the question!
Number three is my weakest area of the team.
Older bear easily enough and got the player but no idea who he played for before Everton.
Looking forward to tomorrow already.
Tomorrows is all ready to go

4/5 Never got Q1 even with initials. Needed initials for 2. Good stuff as always Mr B. Thank you.
Are some of the players used today repeat answers with different clues? I’m sure a couple of today’s have been used before. Or am I losing it ?

4/5 Never got Q1 even with initials. Needed initials for 2. Good stuff as always Mr B. Thank you.
Are some of the players used today repeat answers with different clues? I’m sure a couple of today’s have been used before. Or am I losing it ?

You may be right.

This has been running for 82 days in a row now, an average of 4 players each day, that's 328 players I have used.

Getting to a point where I cannot remember which players I have done or not.

I think I will take this to 100 days before I hang up my question boots and call it quits.

Otherwise it will just be repetitive.

1) "In the 2012 semi-finals, against Spain, he missed his penalty shootout attempt in a 4–2 loss."

Clue - Initals
BA

Answer -
Bruno Alves

2) "He made his debut for Rangers in a Scottish Premiershipmatch against Partick Thistle on 7 May 2017, coming on as a 71st-minute substitute in a 2-1 win for the Gers.

On 15 August 2018, he joined League Two side Bury on loan until January 2019. He then moved on loan to Raith Rovers in January 2019, for the rest of the 2018/19 season."

Clue - Initals
JB

Answer -
Jamie Barjonas

3) "After spells at Manchester United and West Ham he signed for Rangers on a one-year contract on 7 July 2007. He made his only appearance for Rangers against East Fife in a League Cup match on 26 September 2007."

Clue - Initals
RC

Answer -
Roy Carroll

***Older Bear***

4) "He signed for Rangers for £30,000 in May 1982. He made his Rangers debut on 4 September 1982, at the age of 26, with the match versus Motherwell ending in a 2–2 draw. Rangers – Player by Player, a book written by Bob Ferrier and Robert McElroy described him: "He was a wholehearted full-back who had pace and was addicted to storming forward to use a powerful shot." He departed Ibrox after the arrival of Graeme Souness, moving onto Airdrieonians for the start of the 1986–87 season. He then signed for Kilmarnock at the start of the 1989-90 season and scored the penalty kick versus Cowdenbeath on the final day of that season, to gain promotion from Division Two for the East Ayrshire club."

Clue - Initals
DM

Answer -
Dave MacKinnon

5)
1980–1983 XXX 74 (11)
1989–1991 Rangers 55 (6)

Clue - Initals of player
TS

Clue - Name of player
Trevor Steven

Clue - Initals of team
BFC

Answer -
Burnley

1 and 2 with initials.
Got 3
Didn't get older bear and only player for last one.

Bit of a Glen Kamara performance for me today.

You may be right.

This has been running for 82 days in a row now, an average of 4 players each day, that's 328 players I have used.

Getting to a point where I cannot remember which players I have done or not.

I think I will take this to 100 days before I hang up my question boots and call it quits.

Otherwise it will just be repetitive.
:(:(:(

Disaster today with only the 1st question correct. Thought I knew 2 others and didn't need clues..wrong on both counts. Even older bear I was sure about ...wrong again. Really need to do better tomorrow.
Excellent Mr B.

Needed clues for all 3. Got the player but not the club. I love these for knowledge you’d forgotten :D

Needed clues for the first 2 and even then the first one took me ages before the penny dropped.
Got all the rest ok.

Definitely a tougher one today.

Clue - Initals
BA

Answer -
Bruno Alves

3/5 never got 1 or 2.

Clue - Initals
JB

Answer -
Jamie Barjonas

Clue - Initals
RC

Answer -
Roy Carroll

***Older Bear***

Clue - Initals
DM

Answer -
Dave MacKinnon

5)
1980–1983 XXX 74 (11)
1989–1991 Rangers 55 (6)

Clue - Initals of player
TS

Clue - Name of player
Trevor Steven

Clue - Initals of team
BFC

Answer -
Burnley

Two correct poor show brain just doesn't work the same after a Friday on the piss

Back