Bear in Mind - Can you answer these 8 Rangers related questions? (Thursday 20th)

MrBearightside

Here are your band of Bears....

Can you name the 5 bears from snippets from their Wikipedia?

1) "In the opening match of the 2014 World Cup, on 12 June against the hosts Brazil in São Paulo, he mis-hit a cross which was deflected by opponent Marcelo for the first goal of the tournament."

Clue - Initals
NJ

Answer -
Nikica Jelavic

2) "He played as a centre back or defensive midfielder for Rangers, Derby County, Queens Park Rangers (on loan), Motherwell, Brisbane Roar, Dundee and Cowdenbeath. He also represented Scotland in under-21 and 'B' team international matches."

Clue - Initals
BM

Answer -
Bob Malcolm

3) "He then moved to Dundee United in 1995 for £250,000 and spent three seasons at Tannadice, although the majority of his games came in his first campaign, and having lost his place to Sieb Dijkstra again after injury, he did not play at all in the third. A move to Greenock Morton followed, where he played regularly for two seasons before becoming a coach and then manager at the club."

Clue - Initals
AM

Answer -
Ally Maxwell

4) "He turned professional with Rangers in May 2017. He signed a new contract with the club in December 2018, keeping him at Ibrox until 2021. In February 2019 he was recalled from international duty with the Scotland under-19s to join up with the Rangers first team, due to injury problems. He made his senior debut on 19 May 2019, in a 1–2 away defeat against Kilmarnock in the league."

Clue - Initals
DM

Answer -
Dapo Mebude

***Older Bear***

5) "Born in Fife but raised in Ayrshire, he started his career at Junior side Dalry Thistle and joined Hamilton Academical in 1957 but after a few months he moved back to Dalry.

A year later he joined Rangers, but had poor luck with injuries and became the understudy to Billy Ritchie at Ibrox. He managed to make 75 league appearances for the club over 12 years, 115 in total. His most active seasons were 1966–67 in which he played in the finals of the Scottish League Cup and the European Cup Winners' Cup, and 1968–69 when he took part in the Scottish Cup Final, however Rangers lost to Celtic on both domestic occasions and to Bayern Munich in the continental event."

Clue - Initals
NM

Answer -
Norrie Martin

Name team marked with XXX.

You will have to work out who the player is, then work out the club.

6)
2010–2012 Rangers 16 (1)
2012–2015 Stoke City 0 (0)
2014→ Leyton Orient (loan) 13 (1)
2014–2015→ Crewe (loan) 33 (2)
2015–2017 Scunthorpe United 39 (0)
2017–2019 Plymouth Argyle 51 (3)
2019–XXX 7 (1)

Clue - Initals of player
JN

Clue - Name of player
Jamie Ness

Clue - Initals of team
DFC

Answer -
Dundee

7)
Tough one (easy with clues)

1987–1994 XXX 182 (6)
1994–1998 Rangers 78 (5)

Clue - Initals of player
AM

Clue - Name of player
Alan McLaren

Clue - Initals of team
HOMFC

Answer -
Hearts

8)
***Hat-trick Hero***

I will ask 3 questions about a memorable game. If you get the question right you get a "GOAL!", if not... you have blown it! You only get 1 chance to answer each, so honesty is required when posting your score!

You need to get the Hattrick to get the point!

The game is Rangers v St Mirren - League Cup Final - March 2010

What was the final score?
•1 - 0
GOOOOOAAAALLLL
•2 - 1
MISS

Who got the 2 red cards?
•Thomson and McCulloch
MISS
•Wilson and MCulloch
MISS
•Wilson and Thomson
GOOOOAAAALLLL

(If you have managed to score the first 2 then the pressure is on)

What minute was the goal?
GOOOAAAALLLL
MISS
• 90+1
MISS
• 90+3
MISS

The goal
I have a feeling most of you will get the minute of the goal wrong, I thought it was much later in the game than it was (certainly felt like it was!)

As always please leave a comment, I enjoy reading them (it's why I do this)

Enjoy your day Bears!

COME ON RANGERS

Last edited:
Needed the team clue to get the player for number 7, that one got me thinking for a while before going for the clue.

Got all others without any help (did take a guess at 3 rather than taking a clue though)

Never got number 4 or the older bear, didn’t get the club in number 6 and missed the hat trick as i got the time of the goal wrong

5/8 Struggled today. Needed initials for 1, 4 and 5 and still only got number 1 correct. Would never have got number 4.
Got player and club in 6 players initials. Got number 7 with no clue somehow.
Made a baws of the Hattrick attempt as usual. I remember having to give my tickets away for this game so wasn’t there. Got the score wrong FFS.
Real thinkers today Mr B and I think I need my bed. Cheers

One and a Hat Trick. I bet Dundee Utd wish they had that kind of money to spend on shit goalkeepers now

Only 4/7 for me, if you’d asked me I’d have said the player in Q7 played a lot more games for us than that, real pity that was all he managed

Well, that was fairly crap.
One out of the first four, the last one!
One out of two of the xxx questions but got the second with initials.
Got older bear and hat trick questions.
Still, looking forward to tomorrow.

Got 1 and 2 without clues
3 guessed Billy Thomson
4 guessed Aidan Wilson (didn’t read the bloody question properly!)
5 didn’t have any idea
6 and 7 without ckues
8 got 3/3

Needed initials for 1, got 3 and 4, got player and team for 6, needed player initials to get 7, and got 2 outta 3 on hat trick, couldnt remember who got sent off!

I type them each night and post them when I wake up at 6am each day

A wee routine I am used to now.

The early birds are the ones who spot my mistakes so i dont need to proofread it lol

I see your posts before I go to work, but don't open them until I get home so that I can take my time. Mornings at weekends with a cup of coffee though. These and @Sam English "on this day" threads are the dogs bollocks.

Needed initials for number 1, couldn't remember who Brazil played.
Knew all the others but only the surname of number 4, do I still get it for surname only?

The older bear might be our longest serving player never to get a winners medal.

Back