Bear in Mind Repost - Can you answer these 8 Rangers related questions? (Scottish Cup Final)

MrBearightside

Here are your band of Bears....

Can you name the 5 bears from snippets from their Wikipedia?

1) "On 25 January 2018, he signed for his boyhood club Rangers on a four-and-a-half-year contract"

Clue - Initals
GD

Answer -
Greg Docherty

2) "When he signed he was still recovering from a knee ligament injury, and only regained fitness in time to make two appearances: as a second-half substitute in the first leg of the play-off final and as a starter in the second, as Rangers lost out to Motherwell.

Clue - Initals
SF

Answer -
Shane Ferguson

3) "On 31 August 2010, he moved on a season-long loan to SPL champions Rangers, with Gers striker Andrius Velička moving in the opposite direction. He was given the number 12 shirt and made his Rangers debut on 11 September, coming on as a substitute for Kirk Broadfoot in a 2–1 victory over Hamilton Accies. He made his first Rangers start on 20 October in a Champions League group stage match against Valencia at Ibrox, where he was selected as man of the match despite missing an open goal.

Many of his Rangers appearances came in the Champions League and Europa League."

Clue - Initals
RF

Answer -
Richard Foster

4) "A central defender, he stayed with Dynamo until September 1990, when he transferred to Scottish club Rangers in the prime of his career. He injured his cruciate ligament in his second game (against St Johnstone) and did not play again for a full year. The time out meant that new players had been brought in and he was never a first choice again. After a four-year stint, hampered by injuries, he moved on to the Israeli team Maccabi Haifa to play for one season. He returned to Ukraine to finish his career with CSKA-Borysfen Kyiv. He retired in 1997."

Clue - Initals
OK

Answer -
Oleh Kuznetsov

***Older Bear***

5) "He was a Scottish footballer who played in the 1940s and 1950s. He played junior football for Petershill before joining Rangers in 1945. He played in 131 league matches for Rangers before moving to Queen of the South in 1956."

Clue - Initals
WR

Answer -
Willie Rae

Name team marked with XXX.

You will have to work out who the player is, then work out the club.

6)
2016–Liverpool 2 (0)
2018→ Sunderland (loan) 11 (1)
2018→ Rangers (loan) 14 (1)
2019–→ XXX (loan) 43 (4)

Clue - Initals of player
OE

Clue - Name of player
Ovie Ejaria

Clue - Initals of team
RFC

Answer -
Reading

7)
1999 Barcelona C 5 (2)
1999–2002 Barcelona B 42 (3)
2001–2002→ PSG (loan) 31 (2)
2002–2004 Rangers 50 (12)
2004–2005 XXX 15 (1)
2005→ Everton (loan) 12 (1)
2005–2011 Everton 162 (27)
2011–2016 Arsenal 110 (14)

Clue - Initals of player
MA

Clue - Name of player
Mikel Arteta

Clue - Initals of team
RSDF

Answer -
Real Sociedad

8)
***Hat-trick Hero***

I will ask 3 questions about a memorable game. If you get the question right you get a "GOAL!", if not... you have blown it! You only get 1 chance to answer each, so honesty is required when posting your score!

You need to get the Hattrick to get the point!

The game is Rangers v Braga.... Feb 2020

What was the score at half time?
•0 - 1
GOOOOAAAALLLL
•0 - 2
HIT THE POST

Who did Aribo do his '1-2' with during his goal?
•Hagi
GOOOOAAAAALLLL
•Davis
OFF THE BAR
•Morelos
KEEPER SAVES

(If you have managed to score the first 2 then the pressure is on)

How did the freekick to Hagis winning goal come about?
• Handball
GOOOOAAAAALLLL
• Davis fouled
OFF THE POST
• Hagi held back
KEEPER SAVES
• Morelos taken down
OFF THE BAR

As always please leave a comment, I enjoy reading them (it's why I do this)

Enjoy your day Bears!

COME ON RANGERS

Last edited:
5/8 Used initials for most of them and still got 1 and 5 wrong. Only got first Q correct in Hat trick bid. Poor effort today. Let’s hope The Rangers perform better tonight. Cheers Mr B.
Enjoy the game

Got them all except the older bear. Need the initials for number 3.

Was convinced number 6 was sold to Reading and not on loan.

Initial needed for number 2 - knew who it was but wold have been here all day trying to remember the name

5/Older Bear - Nope. Not even after initials.

Got the rest though.

It is tough. I've not had one yet. But after that tonight I don't care. It'll come. I'm sure you'd have enjoyed the game
I'm in Aberdeen for work, pleasantly all the Aberdeen fans I have spoken with were hoping Rangers win tonight to help with the coefficient points and for Scottish pride.

Unsure how genuine they were being, but I enjoyed the game.

Yourself?

I'm in Aberdeen for work, pleasantly all the Aberdeen fans I have spoken with were hoping Rangers win tonight to help with the coefficient points and for Scottish pride.

Unsure how genuine they were being, but I enjoyed the game.

Yourself?

I watched it in my Da's. Over the moon. I think the Aberdeen fans were just being polite. So what you doing now? Couple of bevies?

I watched it in my Da's. Over the moon. I think the Aberdeen fans were just being polite. So what you doing now? Couple of bevies?
Hotel bar convincing myself the Real game will be worth watching, but it be honest elite CL football has lost its appeal for me, perhaps that will change when we are in it next season as EL winners!

Follow follow Glasgow Rangers!

Only got the older Bear with the clue and even then it was an educated guess based on his initials.

Got the rest, number 2 took a minute to dredge up the memory of him.

Hotel bar convincing myself the Real game will be worth watching, but it be honest elite CL football has lost its appeal for me, perhaps that will change when we are in it next season as EL winners!

Follow follow Glasgow Rangers!
Yeah I'll stick on the first half and see how it goes. Enjoy the rest of your night mate

Older bear the only one that I didn't get and that was even with the clue. Got the other with no clues needed

Didn’t get any of first three or, for the first time, the older bear.

Got the rest though, including the hat trick.
I did do the quiz yesterday but was interrupted and didn’t send reply!

Did not get to this yesterday and alcohol obviously still affecting me this morning - only 2 correct.
Now on to today's challenge

7 out of 8
I didn’t get the older bear

Thanks for all the quizzes this season Mr B. Hope you’ll find time to continue them next season

Back