Bear in Mind - Can you name the 3 Bears from snippets from their Wikipedia (Monday 20th)

MrBearightside

Answer the 'normal 3' as usual, but I have included a 'bonus bear' at the end. The bonus bear is a player from the 50s, 60's or 70's.

Let's begin....

1) "He was at Rangers from 1987 to 1990. He was transferred to Bradford City for £200,000 before rejoining Dunfermline. His playing career also included spells with Dundee, Falkirk, Hamilton Academical, Happy Valley in Hong Kong and Partick Thistle back in Scotland. His final club as a player was Clydebank, where he became player-manager during the 1997–98 season."

Clue - Initals
IM

Answer -
Ian McCall

2) "Glasgow side Rangers, managed by Jock Wallace, signed him for £100,000 from Queen of the South.

His style of wing play quickly made him a fans favourite at Ibrox as per previous Rangers wingers such as Davie Wilson, Willie Henderson, Willie Johnston and Davie Cooper. He was also noted for his performances against Rangers' rivals Celtic, playing in a number of Old Firmmatches including the 1987 League Cup final win.

In his full Rangers debut against Dumbarton at Boghead he scored direct from a corner kick.

Former team mate Derek Ferguson recalled, "I'll never forget playing with him in a reserve game at Ibrox. He was running down the wing full speed and crossed the ball into the box. He just kept running so he had to jump over a wall into the Copland Road stand, carried on up the stairs then disappeared down the other side.""

Clue - Initals
TM

Answer -
Ted McMinn

3) "The highlight of his career at Rangers came in the 2004–05 season seeing him jointly win the SPFA player of the year award after scoring nine goals from midfield in his 40 appearances for the club, helping Rangers to a league and league cup double."

Clue - Initals
FR

Answer -
Fernando Ricksen

***Bonus Bear***

"He was signed to Rangers from junior side Coupar Angus in 1951 by manager Bill Struth. He made his debut against Aberdeen on 19 April 1952 in the final league match of the season, the match ended 1–1. He spent over ten years at Ibrox and won five league championships, two Scottish Cups, one League Cup, four Glasgow Cups and three Charity Cups. He made 327 appearances in total for the club.

In February 1962 he joined Partick Thistle."

Clue - Initals
GN

Answer -
George Niven

Enjoy

Last edited:
Morning!

Some posters may get annoyed that you have posted an answer... anyone who sees it will have a question ruined

Dont know how to edit it or delete it maybe an admin would oblige and again apologies for not understanding the rules of the quiz

Dont know how to edit it or delete it maybe an admin would oblige and again apologies for not understanding the rules of the quiz
Lol

Dont worry mate, it's not the rules of the quiz

Your post should have an 'edit' button if you want to change it, but dont worry about it if not

4/4 Needed initials for number 4. Had no idea who it was and it was the first name that popped into my head when I saw the initials. Lucky guess I suppose.
Many Thanks as always OP

3/3 but used the initials for the bonus one before getting it.

I can go get my flight home now!

Back