Bear in Mind - Can you name the 3 Bears from snippets from their Wikipedia? (Monday 27th)

MrBearightside

Let's do this....

1) "Between 1990 and 1995 he played for Scottish Premier Division club Rangers, becoming the first of a number of Dutch players to play for the club, where he won five League medals, two League Cup medals and a Scottish Cup medal. He scored the equalising goal against Brugge in 1993. His farewell match for Rangers came on 14 January 1995 against Falkirk at Brockville Park, he scored 2 goals in a 3-2 victory. He left Rangers to play for Sanfrecce Hiroshima in the J1 League."

Clue - Initals
PH

Answer -
Pieter Huistra

2) "On 18 September 2011, he scored his first Old Firm goal in a 4–2 win against Celtic. On 17 December, he scored an 83rd-minute winner for Rangers against Inverness Caledonian Thistle, the game ending 2–1. On 24 April 2012, Ally McCoist announced that he had been banned for two weeks following a training ground bust up."

Clue - Initals
KL

Answer -
Kyle Lafferty

3) "He scored his first goal for the club in a 4–1 victory over Montrose on 23 September, while also claiming the man of the match award. He continued his starting run and good form through to January 2013 (scoring in home and away matches versus Elgin City) and won the Scottish Football League's Young Player of the Month award for November 2012."

Clue - Initals
LM

Answer -
Lewis MacLeod

***Bonus Bear***

"At Ibrox he was nicknamed "The Girvan Lighthouse", due to his birthplace and the fact he stood at 6' 4" tall. He played under three different Rangers managers: Willie Waddell, Jock Wallace (in both of his spells as manager), and John Greig. He won multiple honours in his Rangers career: two Scottish League titles, four Scottish League Cups, four Scottish Cups and Rangers' only ever European trophy, the 1972 UEFA Cup Winners Cup. He was one of only five players who featured in every match of the latter campaign, alongside Sandy Jardine, Willie Mathieson, Alex MacDonald and Colin Stein. He made 535 appearances in all competitions for Rangers, and played for Scotland on four occasions."

Clue - Initals
PM

Answer -
Peter McCloy

Please leave a comment after completing the challenge, that way I can see what ones are too easy, too tricky and what era people are more familiar with.

Head up bears, plenty of games to go!

Needed letters for lewis mcleod and somehow couldnt get lafferty (im tired)
Huistra and mccloy easy

4/4 no initials. Chuffed with that.

Back to a shit show tomorrow no doubt:D

Only been a recent member I know WHY
Anyways feel I’ve finally reached base camp 4/4 tho needed 2 initials but Everest is in front of me
OP psst 4 90s players 2m

Got 1 & 2. Knew number 3 but couldnt remember his surname even with initials. No 4 is before my time but did recognise the nickname.

4/4 Needed initials for 2 and 3 with my mind going blank even with 3’s initials. I’m really struggling with players from that period for some reason.
Appreciate you still doing it this morning Mr B after events yesterday. Really on a downer.
I’ll heed your parting words though
Cheers

4/4 Needed initials for 2 and 3 with my mind going blank even with 3’s initials. I’m really struggling with players from that period for some reason.
Appreciate you still doing it this morning Mr B after events yesterday. Really on a downer.
I’ll heed your parting words though
Cheers

Yeah, i wasnt really in the mood to come on the forum after yesterday as I was on a downer,... but do you think Gerrard is going to let the players heads drop and have them go in a downer?!

Its heads up, focus, and remain positive

Didn’t get McLeod. Genuinely can’t remember Lafferty being banned because of a training ground bust up?

Back