Bear in Mind - CAn you name the 3 Bears from snippets from their Wikipedia? (Thursday 23rd)

MrBearightside

Let's begin....

1) "On 13 November 2008, he signed a pre-contract agreement with Scottish Premier League side Hibernian. He agreed an 18-month contract with Hibs, after his contract with Malmö FF expired at the end of the 2008 summer season in Sweden.

It only became apparent that he had signed for St Johnstone on 27 October 2009 when he was named in the starting line-up for their Scottish League Cup quarter-final tie at home to Dundee United. "

Clue - Initals
JJ

Answer -
Jonatan Johansson

2) "On 4 October 2009, he was given his first Rangers start against Celtic at right back, but was substituted eleven minutes in after injuring his hamstring in the opening minute of the match. Overall, he made ten appearances in the 2009–10 season."

Clue - Initals
AL

Answer -
Andrew Little

3) "He started his professional career as a defender with Dumbarton and had spells at Motherwell and Partick Thistle. He joined Rangers for £165,000 in June 1980. He made his debut for Rangers on 9 August 1980 in a Premier Division match against Airdrieonians which finished as a 1-1 draw. Under then manager John Greig, he played mainly as a striker.

After a two-game stint with Australian side Adelaide City he returned to Scotland to sign for Hearts in September 1985. He left Tynecastle in October 1986 having only played six times, all as a substitute. He re-joined former club Partick Thistle for two seasons, who were now under the control of former teammate Derek Johnstone. After spells in the juniors with Irvine Meadow and Maryhill, he retired in 1990."

Clue - Initals
CM

Answer -
Colin McAdam

***Bonus Bear***

"He began his career at Pollok F.C. during which time he was one of the clubs most prolific scorers scoring over 50 goals in one season. He then joined Rangers in 1973 where, for reasons not fully known they decided to play him as more of a midfielder rather than striker as he had been with Pollok, meaning he never replicated his high scoring at senior level. A two-year stay at Dundee followed in 1977 before brief spells with Berwick Rangers and Albion Rovers."

Clue - Initals
IM

Answer -
Ian McDougall

Please leave a comment after completing the challenge, that way I can see what ones are too easy, too tricky and what era people are more familiar with.

Enjoy

1 2 and 4 all with initials especially 1 :)
Got 3 ok - liked him as a player

First time I seen the BB was at parkhead where he tore them a new one
Thought he was going to be amazing

Got 1 and 3. Had forgotten 2 played right back.

Didn't know about 4, despite going to a lot of Pollok games in the late 70s.

1) initials
2) without initials
3) initials
Bonus) nope

walked past number 1 in the city we signed him from before I realised who it was. Lol

Only got no.2 today. I’m on a right poor run. Had no recollection whatsoever of no 1 playing for hibs :confused:

Only number 3 without the initials today
3/3 otherwise

Bonus, no where near it

2/4 Needed initials for all 4 but still got number 2 wrong. Jumped in with Alan Lowing before thinking about it.
Number 4 I’ve never even heard of.
Very tricky today but that’s what I enjoy about this daily. Thanks OP

Got 1 and 3 and almost got 4. Ian McD was as far as I for.

2. Not bad by my normal 1/3 pathetic standards. :))

2/3 (never got the first).

I'm embarrassed to say that I hadn't even heard of the Bonus Bear today.

Got all four today.
First one, needed initials.
Bonus was easy for me today.
I enjoy the wee memory jolts from the likes of Q1 where I’d completely forgotten about him being at Hibs.

Back