Bear in Mind - Can you name the 3 Bears from snippets from their Wikipedia? (Tuesday 14th)

MrBearightside

This one I am really cranking it up, if too tough I will slackened off tomorrow.

I genuinely think these are the trickiest ones yet, clues will be needed!

1) "He went on to win the Eredivisie title and also reached the final of the KNVB Cup in 2006, losing 1–0 to Ajax in Rotterdam. He joined Manchester City on 31 January 2007 after impressing on a week-long trial, on a six-month contract for a nominal fee. He made his debut ten days later against Portsmouth, and scored his first goal for the club in an FA Cup Fifth Round match against Preston North End on 18 February. He was often used as third-choice captain, when either Richard Dunne (captain) or Micah Richards (vice-captain) were unavailable. On 5 May 2007, in a 1–0 home defeat to Manchester United, he stamped on Cristiano Ronaldo's stomach. This was missed by the referee, and he was subsequently banned for three matches."

Clue - Initals
MB

Answer -
Michael Ball

2) "He played for Dundee United (two spells), Rangers, Wolverhampton Wanderers (loan), St Johnstone, Livingston, Motherwell, Clyde, Brechin City and Carnoustie Panmure."

Clue - Initals
GB

Answer -
Gary Bollan

3) "He joined Sunderland in January 2002 for £1.5 million, but was unable to prevent them from being relegated in the following 2002–03 season. However the 2003–04 season was better, as he helped Sunderland finish third in Division One and reach the FA Cup semi finals yet his services were deemed to be no longer required by manager Mick McCarthy so he joined Wolverhampton Wanderers, who had just been relegated from the Premier League."

Clue - Initals
JB

Answer -
Joachim Bjorkland

Enjoy!

Let me know how these rate in regards to difficulty.

Got number one with a bit of thought.

2 was an educated guess due to the clubs and confirmed by the initials.

Had no idea 3 played with Wolves with threw me miles off the scent.

That was a tough one.

Got the first one as I remember we sold him to a Dutch team.
Got the second one as a guess, based on playing for Dundee United before us and later St Johnstone.
But the last one got me, even the initials didn't help.

2/3 and probably now need to drink all day to try to forget the pain.

Last edited:
2/3.
Got the first 2 without any clues, but couldn't even get the 3rd with the initials.

Got the first two without initials. Didn't have a clue about third.
Exactly for me.
I knew about the Ronaldo incident.
Third one, not a clue.
I’d have sworn he’d went to Spain and I can’t remember him returning to the U.K.

Exactly for me.
I knew about the Ronaldo incident.
Third one, not a clue.
I’d have sworn he’d went to Spain and I can’t remember him returning to the U.K.
JB went to Valencia, I even have a memory that we played against him but I may have dreamt that.... but I also dont remember him returning to the UK

Back