Bear in Mind - Can you name these 5 Rangers related questions? (Tuesday 25th)

MrBearightside

Can you name the 4 bears from snippets from their Wikipedia?

1) "Rangers manager Paul Le Guen made him his ninth signing on 3 August 2006 after Austria Vienna and Rangers agreed a fee of £1.85 million. Le Guen gave him his first starting appearance for Rangers on 17 September, against Hibernian in an SPL match, and he scored. His first home goal came on 1 October, a late winner in a 1–0 victory over Aberdeenat Ibrox. He played his first European match for Rangers on 28 September, playing the last 15 minutes of a UEFA Cup first-round second-leg tie against Molde FK. Rangers won, 2–0, to qualify for the group stage. Despite his lack of goals, he became something of a cult figure for Rangers, due to both his high workrate and his distinctive broad, stocky build."

Clue - Initals
FS

Answer -
Filip Sebo

2) "He started his professional career at Arsenal, but made no first team appearances for the club before signing for Hibernian in 2004. He played for 1 other SPL club before signing for Rangers"

Clue - Initals
DS

Answer -
Dean Sheils

3) "He left Liverpool for Queens Park Rangers in February 1989 but stayed there for less than a year, joining Scottish side Rangers in November 1989, winning honours there. He went back to Chelsea in 1992 before moving to Sheffield United in 1996 as player-coach and assistant-manager to Howard Kendall."

Clue - Initals
NS

Answer -
Nigel Spackman

***Older Bear***

4) "From 1963 to 1967, he played 102 league games for Morton.

In 1967, he was sold for £25,000 to rival Scottish club Rangers. He played 30 games for Rangers, before returning to Morton in 1970. When the Danish Football Association abolished the rule of amateurism, he returned to the Danish national team in May 1971, eight years after his debut."

Clue - Initals
ES

Answer -
Erik Sorensen

Name team marked with XXX.

You will have to work out who the player is, then work out the club.

5)
2002–2007 Hibernian 141 (4)
2007–2012 Rangers 150 (19)
2012–2017 XXX 90 (5)
2017–Hibernian 47 (2)

Clue - Initals of player
SW

Clue - Name of player
Steven Whittaker

Clue - Initals of team
NCFC

Answer -
Norwich

I look forward to your comments!

Enjoy your day Bears!

Got 3/5 with no clues.

The more I do these the more I realise my pre-90s knowledge, out with the obvious, is shocking!

Thanks for that.

1 3 & 4 easy enough and 5 with the players initials
Kicking myself with number 2

Cheers buddy

Older Bear with initials. Didn't get Number 2 even with the initials!

Got the rest ok.

Poor show today, from me not you Mr B!

Last edited:
Can you name the 4 bears from snippets from their Wikipedia?

1) "Rangers manager Paul Le Guen made him his ninth signing on 3 August 2006 after Austria Vienna and Rangers agreed a fee of £1.85 million. Le Guen gave him his first starting appearance for Rangers on 17 September, against Hibernian in an SPL match, and he scored. His first home goal came on 1 October, a late winner in a 1–0 victory over Aberdeenat Ibrox. He played his first European match for Rangers on 28 September, playing the last 15 minutes of a UEFA Cup first-round second-leg tie against Molde FK. Rangers won, 2–0, to qualify for the group stage. Despite his lack of goals, he became something of a cult figure for Rangers, due to both his high workrate and his distinctive broad, stocky build."

Clue - Initals
FS

Answer -
Filip Sebo

2) "He started his professional career at Arsenal, but made no first team appearances for the club before signing for Hibernian in 2004. He played for 1 other SPL club before signing for Rangers"

Clue - Initals
DS

Answer -
Dean Sheils

3) "He left Liverpool for Queens Park Rangers in February 1989 but stayed there for less than a year, joining Scottish side Rangers in November 1989, winning honours there. He went back to Chelsea in 1992 before moving to Sheffield United in 1996 as player-coach and assistant-manager to Howard Kendall."

Clue - Initals
NS

Answer -
Nigel Spackman

***Older Bear***

4) "From 1963 to 1967, he played 102 league games for Morton.

In 1967, he was sold for £25,000 to rival Scottish club Rangers. He played 30 games for Rangers, before returning to Morton in 1970. When the Danish Football Association abolished the rule of amateurism, he returned to the Danish national team in May 1971, eight years after his debut."

Clue - Initals
ES

Answer -
Erik Sorensen

Name team marked with XXX.

You will have to work out who the player is, then work out the club.

5)
2002–2007 Hibernian 141 (4)
2007–2012 Rangers 150 (19)
2012–2017 XXX 90 (5)
2017–Hibernian 47 (2)

Clue - Initals of player
SW

Clue - Name of player
Steven Whittaker

Clue - Initals of team
NCFC

Answer -
Norwich

I look forward to your comments!

Enjoy your day Bears!

everything except 4. Needed initials for ex arsenal player.

Got 1 and 2 without the clues, although 2 was a total shot in the dark; there wasn't much to go on.

Didn't get 3, 4 or 5, although 5 was mainly down to me not reading it properly. Got the team, though it's pretty easy once you know who the player is.

Needed the initials for number 2, I simply didn't know he was at Arsenal.

Otherwise, got the rest. The older Bear will have stumped a few, unless you're old enough not really a player well known.

Got them all except no 2 even with initials.

Must do better. Think that's about a week of getting them all except 1.

Enjoy the questions every day.

Back