Beaton.

AppleBear

Still felt he let a few things go for several of their players. But, he also ignored the usual silly stuff from Morelos so I’ll let it go.

Gdawg

It was an easy game to referee, yet we all know fine well if Clancy had reffed it, he would have tried his hardest to influence it.

Took too long for Celtic's first yellow as they had several fouls before he finally booked someone. Booked Arfield for less. Should have sent Duffy off - probably right to give Alfie the yellow but Duffy should have been off.

Other than that he didn't have a bad game. Not sure the far side linesman had a clue what was going on though. He needed assurances for every single call, no matter how simple.

You actually see him shake his hand as if it was really sore when the ball hit it

RWL12

I actually agreed with Walker (shudder) although I think McCoist as well.

That handbags stuff with them both getting yellow was spot on.

But there was a time Kent had 2 arms around him and dragged to the ground. And Morelos was pushed with two arms straight out away from the ball. Not shoulder charges. Not outmuscled. Just shoves.

Macdonsj

decent performance
perhaps Morelos was lucky
flip side being

- Duffy "raising his hands"
- Laxative handballing deliberately and then chopping down Kent
- Frimpongs push on Alfies face, then hauling back our player with no card

if any Yahoo complains about him, those are the key points
was far more lenient with them

Chris-to-pher

Had a good game I thought. Not singling this game out but in general no crowds could help the refs as they won’t be influenced by the crowd.

With the orcs baying for blood Morelos could easily got a yellow card at the end of the first half.

Fitzy

decent performance
perhaps Morelos was lucky
flip side being

- Duffy "raising his hands"
- Laxative handballing deliberately and then chopping down Kent
- Frimpongs push on Alfies face, then hauling back our player with no card

if any Yahoo complains about him, those are the key points
was far more lenient with them

In what way?

TCWNS1872

Maybe we are getting carried away on a wave of goodwill, but I thought it was quite conspicuous that his positioning was good today to call some situations. As others have said, the lack of a crowd possibly helped. That said, Clancy’s performance against United at Ibrox blows holes in that theory. If you want to be deliberately incompetent, it can be easily achieved.

Chris the Bandito

I think Beaton had a good game. Refs won't get every decision right. You need them to get the game-changing decisions correct (weren't really any), maintain control (he did) and not change the pattern of the game with a load of wrong minor decisions (he didn't).

All told that's a good performance by a ref who is usually a complete bag of shit. Folk have asked whether BCD favours us or them. I think it certainly helped the ref today which in turn helped us.

Also, praise should go to the linesman at the first goal. That's a decision that gets wrongly flagged all the time because Goldson obscures Duffy from the linesman's pov. He did well to correctly id all the players moving in opposite directions just before the ball was being played.

Chester Loyal

An excellent refereeing performance IMO.

You could argue a couple of decisions but considering the pressure he was under going into it he had a great game.

nemessis

If the SFA go by their pattern for the last few years it will be the 4th official for the Ref in the next game. That was Don Robertson.
Don Robertson is a schum supporter who doesn't see anything wrong with our players getting the shit kicked out of them by any opposition, he is a serial offender and knows what he does.

Last edited:

Der-goalie

Alfie got a yellow card for that.
Alfie also had a knee into him hence the reaction from Duffy

both yellow carded was the correct decision.
As a referee myself

Beaton Had a good game , let it go , played when possible and never let their moaning etc get to him

Chester Loyal

Alfie also had a knee into him hence the reaction from Duffy

both yellow carded was the correct decision.
As a referee myself

Beaton Had a good game , let it go , played when possible and never let their moaning etc get to him

Why wasn’t it our free kick?

I agree it was 2 bookings.

toobl

To those micro managing Beatons performance, what do you want? VAR? And have a goal like Liverpools disallowed? VAR would probably have sent Morelos off yesterday. Did he deserve to walk? No. Did Duffy? No. VAR is not infallible, just ask van Dijk. Beaton did ok, reffed sensibly and that’s what’s being taken out of English football

Caldow3

Nobody was talking about him at the end of his last OF game..... Until the media lickspittles were given the message. Don't let your guard down just yet...
You're right, they're analysing re-runs of the game and will prepare their statements by mid-week.

Caldow3

Not that I want to see it, but would be interesting to see Clancy in a closed doors game against the filth.
Nowhere to hide his bias.
It was bad enough seeing Clancy in a closed doors game against Dundee Utd. We won't forget what happened in that game!

change consent