Beaton.

Thought he had some funny ideas about what constitutes a foul. But at least he wasn't concentrating on cheating us today.

The retaliation for this tho' will be Clancy in the next.

The last time he refereed us winning it was an easy win with no complaint until they'd had time to go through the game frame by frame and compile their grievances.

It'll be a few days before we know for sure if this was an easy win or a controversial shame-game won by the ref.

Was a fair performance but at the same time don't think the game had any real big decisions in it to make

Great refereeing. Let the game flow.
Players made it easy for him.
Not having a baying crowd obviously makes it easier.

I'm not wanting to be over critical. He had an ok game. I don't think he gave us the benefits of any doubts and I think we should have had a couple of free kicks. But that's about it.

Totally agree about benefit of the doubts and he missed a few blatant ones like the one on Morelos in the second half when he was shoved in the chest as he ran with the ball.

Just wait until Monday after the twats , sorry journalists, have dissected his performance in slo mo they will find something to carp about.

No complaints today. Nice when the green hordes are not pressurising. Clancy will be gutted.

I think this will show the influence of the media.

They will concentrate on the abject Celtic performance rather than the moments of the game and that will mean the focus isn’t on the referee.

The media have a massive part in narrative and the action taken thereafter.
They try and take the moral high ground but are completely irresponsible in what they stoke up.

No chance. They will be talking about Beaton/Morelos by Tuesday.

Missed one tackle on Kamara and that was more his linesman and a challenge on Helander, that apart he was anonymous which is a good report for a ref

Took too long for Celtic's first yellow as they had several fouls before he finally booked someone. Booked Arfield for less. Should have sent Duffy off - probably right to give Alfie the yellow but Duffy should have been off.

Other than that he didn't have a bad game. Not sure the far side linesman had a clue what was going on though. He needed assurances for every single call, no matter how simple.
at least he got the call for Conors first goal correct

I don't know how we got the first yellow card and how he missed Kamara getting scythed down just outside of their box, but aside from that he had a decent game.

Probably the best OF performance by a ref in a long time. Light years ahead of Father Clancy's "attempt" the last time we went to the chamber of secrets.

Still felt he let a few things go for several of their players. But, he also ignored the usual silly stuff from Morelos so I’ll let it go.

It was an easy game to referee, yet we all know fine well if Clancy had reffed it, he would have tried his hardest to influence it.

I’d say he had a great game. Called everything down the line. The best performance I’ve seen against them for a while.

Took too long for Celtic's first yellow as they had several fouls before he finally booked someone. Booked Arfield for less. Should have sent Duffy off - probably right to give Alfie the yellow but Duffy should have been off.

Other than that he didn't have a bad game. Not sure the far side linesman had a clue what was going on though. He needed assurances for every single call, no matter how simple.

You actually see him shake his hand as if it was really sore when the ball hit it

I actually agreed with Walker (shudder) although I think McCoist as well.

That handbags stuff with them both getting yellow was spot on.

But there was a time Kent had 2 arms around him and dragged to the ground. And Morelos was pushed with two arms straight out away from the ball. Not shoulder charges. Not outmuscled. Just shoves.

decent performance
perhaps Morelos was lucky
flip side being

- Duffy "raising his hands"
- Laxative handballing deliberately and then chopping down Kent
- Frimpongs push on Alfies face, then hauling back our player with no card

if any Yahoo complains about him, those are the key points
was far more lenient with them

Never even noticed him. Probably the best OF ref performance in years in that regard. Was fair to both teams.

Had a good game I thought. Not singling this game out but in general no crowds could help the refs as they won’t be influenced by the crowd.

With the orcs baying for blood Morelos could easily got a yellow card at the end of the first half.

decent performance
perhaps Morelos was lucky
flip side being

- Duffy "raising his hands"
- Laxative handballing deliberately and then chopping down Kent
- Frimpongs push on Alfies face, then hauling back our player with no card

if any Yahoo complains about him, those are the key points
was far more lenient with them

In what way?

Maybe we are getting carried away on a wave of goodwill, but I thought it was quite conspicuous that his positioning was good today to call some situations. As others have said, the lack of a crowd possibly helped. That said, Clancy’s performance against United at Ibrox blows holes in that theory. If you want to be deliberately incompetent, it can be easily achieved.

I tend to agree with you but raised arms and a push. Technically a red. As SG might say, "if Morelos had done it ?"

Technically it’s not a red. Those ignorant to the laws of the game consistently say it is, they’re wrong,

Surely the guys thinking Duffy should’ve been off are dangling bait

Ref was decent. Let the gane flow which doesn’t often happen

Back