Being a Bear. Where does it rank in your life?

You should give us options, like a staunch-o-meter.

My team is important to me but there are things in my life that are far more important.
But rangers appears to be in my blood ever since I chose them when I first got into football (the natural choice for a number of reasons)

There may be more important things, but rangers are with me even with those, if that makes sense?

Just insert rangers for Lord

Last edited:
Probably too high to be honest to the point it affects everything including canceling holidays to mental health but it is what it is and can't be changed. Would love to be one of those people that just get on with things and have other hobbies and don't let things get to them so much. Had many a moment over the years and will have many more with saying that's me done with it but of course it's a lie. If making plans have to make sure first there is no game on. This season so far apart from Sunday has made me look forward to things a lot more with optimism. As pathetic as it sounds i didn't realise how much of a downer I have been in the last few years to the point it was affecting every day life. For first time in a long time i can see a bit of light at the end of tunnel. Hopefully it's a good light and not the start of a migraine or some strange disease.

I think more about Rangers on any given day than anything else..take from that what you will

if im at work...im regularly thinking about rangers
if im out for a meal with the mrs..ill log onto follow follow when she goes to the toilet to see if theres any news
when I wake up...I go onto follow follow to see if theres any news, injury updates..signings....best place to have a indian takeaway

and then theres matchdays, home away or sat in the house watching on Sky

Rangers are everything

My dad started taking me to games in the early 70s, it became a regular thing and gave me something to look forward to and focus on after a family tragedy. I know this now but didn't know at the time obviously.
After my family Rangers are of huge importance to me, I bore friends and work colleagues about Rangers and I see the passion I have for Rangers in my 2 children. :D

Last edited:
We book holidays around the fixtures (travel dates) and on old firm days everything is got to be clean and tidy, so I'm up early tidying up and washing up, putting everything in place for a great day lol. On recent results next time I'll leave the house in a shit hole. But to be fair if rangers are on TV or I can stream it or even go to the game my Mrs knows that's happening. She knows how much the gers mean to me.

It used to be as a kid and teenager but not so much anymore. Family, work and friends is more important now but I still follow follow home and away as much as I can. Rangers may not be the most important thing in my life anymore but they’re still a big part and they still effect me.

Classic :D

Trick is to get a woomun who loves Rangers too then you can watch it together :cool:

Nope not over here BB. Wife and kids are into ice hockey (Wild and Gophers ) and actually playing the game. Rangers is a me thing. Totally selfish about it and I won’t share as it’s a me thing.

I get that all the time that I love Rangers more than everyone. However, Rangers don't wash my pants (my dad used to say it more graphically) or iron my shirts.
1. Kids and wife
1.5 The Queen, the United Kingdom and the Armed Forces
1.7 the RBP and the OO
1.8 the Boy's Brigade
1.9 Rangers
2.0 ABOD

40 years in June past for me. The shortwave radio days :D

Antenna hooked up to coat hangers and to metal water pipes to get a signal. Learnt all about sundogs back then. Was doing some demo in my kitchen recently and found a piece of sheetrock with English D1 scores scribbled on it. Coventry Villa and Derby were up then and I’d noted that David Batty got sent off that day for Newcastle. Unreal

Antenna hooked up to coat hangers and to metal water pipes to get a signal. Learnt all about sundogs back then. Was doing some demo in my kitchen recently and found a piece of sheetrock with English D1 scores scribbled on it. Coventry Villa and Derby were up then and I’d noted that David Batty got sent off that day for Newcastle. Unreal
Used to hang out a window commentating to the lads and giving scores

It consumes most of my day to be honest, my wife understands ,she does not mind. She has a sister who is a jump the dyke, who makes what can be considered snyde remarks, not enough to get angry but enough to get your attention. She has had a lot of ammunition recently or rather over the past five years or so. My wife likes me to give her tid bits of info so she can at least fire the occaisional salvo at her, it can be fun and is getting better. Sorry no pic.

1 Family
2 Work
3 RANGERS
I'd like to think that was the case as well, but since I regularly schedule around family events to watch Rangers and put meetings on my work calendar, so I can shut my office door and watch the game on RTV, some would question that order. :D

Was on a conference call last week during UFA game. When the UFA keeper made that great save from Ryan Kent, I thought it went in and shouted. Didn't realize i'd taken my microphone off mute. A couple of confused folk on the call asking if everything was okay. I just acted like it must have been someone else.

Also, back in the short wave radio days, the metal pole attached to the pool skimmer was always a good antenna booster. :)

I'd like to think that was the case as well, but since I regularly schedule around family events to watch Rangers and put
meetings on my work calendar, so I can shut my office door and watch the game on RTV, some would question that order. :D

Was on a conference call last week during UFA game. When the UFA keeper made that great save from Ryan Kent, I thought it went in and shouted. Didn't realize i'd taken my microphone off mute. A couple of confused folk on the call asking if everything was okay. I just acted like it must have been someone else.

Also, back in the short wave radio days, the metal pole attached to the pool skimmer was always a good antenna booster. :)

Skyy, you up in Montana mate ?

Flew to Detroit a couple of times to watch old firm games on Setanta with Tam Plunkett and the Detroit / Windsor Boys. Saw the Di Fannio Fergie bust up there. Deacon Brodie’s was rocking that night.

Had some good nights with Tam at the conventions.

Especially Windsor. He was a great guy.

Snuck out of the convention with Willie Henderson and Alex Macdonald to a local pub to watch the Lewis-Tyson fight.

Thanks for the memory :D:D

Had some good nights with Tam at the conventions.

Especially Windsor. He was a great guy.

Snuck out of the convention with Willie Henderson and Alex Macdonald to a local pub to watch the Lewis-Tyson fight.

Thanks for the memory :D:D

Saw that fight in a downtown Mpls titty bar with a bear from Rutherglen. Lap Dance Loyal !

As excited about upcoming big games as I get, I don't get caught up in the "battle fever" state of mind that I had when I lived in Scotland. Probably cos it's not all around me.

I don't know a single mentally challenged. None at work to annoy fuck out of me if we had a bad result or whatever, never see anyone wearing green & grey in the street or in the pub.

I have other interests that take some of my free time & attention.

Rangers doesn't consume my every waking minute, but the club means as much to me as it ever did .

I said in my wedding speech that I rated my wife just behind Rangers but just in front of Haribos. I just about got away with it.:cool:

As excited about upcoming big games as I get, I don't get caught up in the "battle fever" state of mind that I had when I lived in Scotland. Probably cos it's not all around me.

I don't know a single mentally challenged. None at work to annoy fuck out of me if we had a bad result or whatever, never see anyone wearing green & grey in the street or in the pub.

I have other interests that take some of my free time & attention.

Rangers doesn't consume my every waking minute, but the club means as much to me as it ever did .

This is similar for me. Being away takes the edge of both success and failure, which has obvious positives and negatives.

I used to get properly pissed off every time Rangers dropped points. Cancel a night out, go in a huff etc. However, the game on Sunday was the most I've been pissed off in years, possibly since they beat us at Ibrox the 40th anniversary of the disaster. I was even pretty philosophical after the Hibs cup final (before I discovered the violence our players and fans were subjected to).

I still think about Rangers a lot, and am never off here checking what's going on, but I'm also just about to have a son, and the missus and I had a bump or two along the way of this journey. At those moments I wouldn't really have given a shit if Rangers were playing outside my front window. I also take more satisfaction in personal achievements related to career or sport, something I wasn't interested in 10 years ago.

For me: 1. Family 2. Job 3. Friends/Rangers 4. Other hobbies and interests

3 and 4 are a lot closer than they used to be. Although Job used to be in last place!

These descriptions say how I see it too.
I think more about Rangers on any given day than anything else..take from that what you will

if im at work...im regularly thinking about rangers
if im out for a meal with the mrs..ill log onto follow follow when she goes to the toilet to see if theres any news
when I wake up...I go onto follow follow to see if theres any news, injury updates..signings....best place to have a indian takeaway

and then theres matchdays, home away or sat in the house watching on Sky

Rangers are everything
Other than family, it’s the one thing that’s been in my life as a constant. Jobs, friends, houses, places, wives have come and gone.
But the rangers and being a Bear has been a constant ❤️
Being me means being a Bear. The only two things I’ll ever be until my final breath is a father and a Rangers fan(atic). Everything is... *shrugs shoulders*

;):):)
This is similar for me. Being away takes the edge of both success and failure, which has obvious positives and negatives.

I used to get properly pissed off every time Rangers dropped points. Cancel a night out, go in a huff etc. However, the game on Sunday was the most I've been pissed off in years, possibly since they beat us at Ibrox the 40th anniversary of the disaster. I was even pretty philosophical after the Hibs cup final (before I discovered the violence our players and fans were subjected to).

I still think about Rangers a lot, and am never off here checking what's going on, but I'm also just about to have a son, and the missus and I had a bump or two along the way of this journey. At those moments I wouldn't really have given a shit if Rangers were playing outside my front window. I also take more satisfaction in personal achievements related to career or sport, something I wasn't interested in 10 years ago.

For me: 1. Family 2. Job 3. Friends/Rangers 4. Other hobbies and interests

3 and 4 are a lot closer than they used to be. Although Job used to be in last place!

Nicely put, Kowloon.
And best wishes for the upcoming arrival :)

Back