Being a Bear. Where does it rank in your life?

Family come first, although I do compromise and prioritise watching Rangers over family time quite regularly. My family all just accept that it's part of who I am.

Just behind the close family and my best mate, but to be fair to my best mate, Rangers is a priority in his life too, so we tend to agree on when to drop the close family down a peg!!

The only things more important are family and friends

I was going to say family first, but wh en I thought about it, I have put Rangers in front of going to weddings, Christenings etc and also used to work my shifts around the Rangers games.
Socially, I plan our nights out outwith any Rangers game.
My wife says that I am completely obsessed, which I suppose I am, but I would not change it for anything. WATP.

An interesting thread, can't knock some of the levels here.

I love Rangers, I love going to the football with my mates, (unfortunately not been to many away games over the past season or so due to circumstance) and have even taken the wee one with me on occasion. I get irked when people talk shite about the club, I rarely converse with anyone bitter about our club, yet always try and be objective.

However, my family, friends (footballing and non footballing), partner comes first and will miss the odd game if I am on holiday or the likes but will make the effort to get and watch it when away.

Not as high as it did....used to be HUGE.

Life has chipped away at it slightly.

I still get worked up by us not being as good as we can in any area, be it scouting, passing drills or car parking!

Family comes miles before Rangers or anything else. My son and daughter were both ST holders since they were 6 years old.
I'm fortunate, that outside of playing or working for Rangers, I have the perfect job.
Friends are over rated.

Everything that's important in life has to be grappled with, in terms of how one prioritises them; including Rangers. I'm probably like most people in that we will have a great many commitments where Rangers may go down the scale of things at times, depending on situations etc. My mother has had a lighthearted go at me when we're on the phone that depending on the length of the call I might get distracted and read the forum at the same time; that happened when we were linked to a player in during the transfer window and she caught me not listening. It's easier when you're younger, possibly. Right now it's quite easy because I'm in bed with a back injury the past two days which probably means I've been on the forum more than usual. Interesting question though, because it enters my mind from time to time, but I'd say when I was younger, apart from when I was a student, the club was a bit of an obsession; which can it can still be now and again.

This is my homepage :eek:

Remember my wife saying to me when she was dropping me off for the supporters bus once;

"I know Rangers were a big part of your life before I appeared on the scene, so I understand"

She wasn't being snide or anything about it, just genuine in her words. She'd go along to the games with me if she could but at the same time we both know we'd probably end up falling out over the team and end up sitting in different stands :D

Have to admit that it is probably too high at times though;

I look at arranging holidays etc around games or at least make sure I can find a place to watch us when we're away.

I'm still paying off what is basically the Manchester season as I spent my student loan on going to most of the domestic games that season - probably at the same time fucking up my chances of getting a better degree but wouldn't trade for the memories tbh.

As an offshoot of the above, I took the huff when we missed out on the title at the sheep and basically locked myself in my room the next day - my Granda called me and told me "to grow the fùck up". As someone who had been part of the rescue efforts at Ibrox back in 1971 he knew fine well football was just a game in the grand scheme of things and told me I'd do well to do the same. Something that I still forget from time to time.

Sometimes you need that reality check

It's in my blood and I'm proud to be part of the Rangers family.

Proud for what we stand for, proud to be Scottish/British, proud to fly the Union Jack, proud to have served my country.

Not to mention running a near 4 minute mile in your day too mate lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m in my earlier twenties and it ranks pretty high. The other half moans incessantly about me talking about or making references to Rangers, and also likes to moan that mostly everything revolves around going to the games.

without question i love my family with every fibre of my being .

however , nothing , absolutely nothing has ever given me the thrill like the finale of helicopter sunday , fiorentina , jelavic final etc etc .

Family.Rangers .Then other Rangers fans. Sorry forgot to mention friends. I do have some close friends .I think.

Last edited:
It's difficult to rank. If we are playing, it's very unlikely I will miss watching it unless I've made plans without knowing the game dates. If my wife, family, or a close friend need me then I'd prioritise them over a game...but they know it would have to be a genuine need :)

Rangers are a big part of my past, my connection to family no longer with us, a constant in my sometimes turbulent life, and they will always be part of my identity. I will never be just a casual fan, it means to much to me for that. Whether that seems odd to people doesn't bother me.

Having moved away from Glasgow a few years ago, and never having had many mates who were Rangers fans even when I lived there, FF and H&H are big parts of most of my days.

Family . Then Rangers, due to having my kids who come first always even over my husband. Younger Rangers was the only thing that mattered. Lived for a sat going to the games. 30 odd years later and my season ticket 30 years. Say they are 2nd but maybe on par.

Family
Being a chef
Rangers
Cycling
Music
I have an understanding partner. Who will comprise when things clash with watching/going to Ibrox to see rangers. But rangers are pretty high on my priorities list. Been going to see rangers going on 36 years and supported since birth. Also the older I get and especially after what we have been through the past 6 years. My love of rangers has never been stronger.

Threads like this crack me up

‘They mean that much to me that when they are on tv my wife knows not to do the hoovering or disturb me watching on tv’
‘ I would never miss a game I stream all the games’

Hahaha. Brilliant.

Just planning a 3 week road trip to Scotland from Croatia this month. Mainly to see my elderly mother (92) and a few old friends and family. Putting schedule together the missus draws up a calendar of where we will be. Immediately I fill in dates for me..15th at Ibrox, 19-21 Sept in Spain, 23rd at Ibrox, 26th at Ibrox and 4th Oct at Ibrox. Other than that I am happy to do whatever;)

After my wife and kids,Rangers are everything to me.one of my old places of work I finished early one day to go to a rangers game in midweek and the boss said to “i sometimes wonder if rangers are more important to you than this job” my answer was”its not even close,Rangers are away more important than any job”

Hadn’t really thought about it OP. But now, I’d have to admit to fanatical obsession!

Family, close friends/Rangers, then the rest.

It matters me to more than it probably should do.

For an outsider, or even a woman who has no real attachment - it’s probably quite silly. But to me it means everything.

When Rangers lose it honestly ruins my whole day, sometimes even my weekend or week.

There is only a few things I’ve ever looked forward to more than us winning 55.

I can’t imagine my life without the club I support.

Back