Being a Bear. Where does it rank in your life?

Had a season ticket up until I got married and had kids, which naturally took priority. Now my kids are grown up I have one again and am obsessed as ever.

Rangers in a sense are my achilles heel. If people want to wind me up they will slag off the club and I rise to it every time.

You just summed up my life!!

Its very, very important though I don't revolve my life round it like I used to.

Season ticket, some supporters functions and charity stuff, the odd away game and selected euro trips.

Used to go to every game. Reluctant to give certain clubs my cash but happy to support Rangers with ticket money plus a busy lifestyle means the sheep and scum like that can whistle for my cash.

Family always comes first but must admit Rangers consume far too much of my thoughts and time and the mrs is forever giving me grief for being on this very forum,watching old videos on YouTube and watching rtv.
Rangers essentially affect my mood for the week ahead depending on the weekend result and there is always the buzz around going to a game. I’ve said it many times thoughthat if I could give Rangers up I probably would as I’d probably be a lot healthier and with regards to the last few years happier. However it’s just impossible for me to give them up as to me it’s not a choice, I was born Rangers and will die Rangers.

Massive part of my life, hardly a day goes by where I don’t look up FF to catch up on the latest news about the club.

When I was younger and never missed a home game, I actually made up an excuse to get home from offshore just to get to a game!! :D

I don't know any different?
My earliest memories revolved around Rangers, through my father.
Since that first moment getting lifted over the turnstiles to the present day, Ibrox always gives me that magic feeling of the hairs standing on the back of my neck, the feeling of togetherness with fellow brothers and sisters and the highs and lows of watching our journey.
Love it all and would never swap a single second of it for anything!

A huge part of my life and only my family takes precedent.

I was greeting like a big wean watching that YouTube video of the bears arriving back at Glasgow airport last week. Some of the happiest days of my life have been spent watching Rangers. In the blood and our result normally makes or breaks my weekend.

I would say that just after family and the wellbeing of the country the Club comes third. I think about Rangers all the time and results greatly affect my mood. I first went with my Dad, uncles and brother when I was young so the Club is part of my family, upbringing and identity. Travelling abroad with Rangers is one of my favourite things in the entire world and big goals in big games produce feelings that aren't really replicated any other way.

Everyone who has ever known me has known that I'm a Rangers man. My family are well known as Rangers people, as is my wife and her family. My son is a season ticket holder and rarely misses a match. During my RAF days my colleagues knew of my love for The Rangers. All of my close friends are Rangers supporters, and it's not by coincidence. I would not be who I am today if I was not a died-in-the-wool Rangers supporter.
I was born a Bluenose. The Rangers will be with me all my life, and they will be mentioned when I go to meet my maker.
Rangers FC has been a constant in my life and always will be. I absolutely adore our extraordinary, quintessentially British football club.

Rangers ruled my life until I met my wife when I was 25, I missed Lads holidays, weddings, birthdays and even a funeral to watch us, 22 years on and I'm still with my wife and love her to bits so while the Gers have taken a back seat to her they are still my first love and constantly in my thoughts.

Quite deep for FF haha but it’s a good question. Rangers affect my mood, one of my first thoughts in the morning and last at night. Proud to call myself a bear and love everything that comes with it. Lucky that half family and close friends also follow rangers so it all intertwines.

They’re the very first thing I think about almost every morning when I wake up.......so I’d say they rank pretty high

Id say pretty much up there at the top slightly behind family and friends. I'm at Uni and only have a part time job the now and the percentage of my wage i spend following rangers right now is pretty sickening :D

Such a big (and constant) part of my life and something i think about all the time. Its part of who i am.

Pretty high I suppose only being surpassed by my family.

Always attend as many matches as I can on my rare visits home. Stay up to all hours watching the games live on RTV.

I do miss the times spent with my old man when he was alive when we had season tickets in MFO for over 20 years. It was pretty much the only time we spent together regularly doing something.

Good times & bad we follow on, and after what we’ve been through, the good times are going to feel even better when they come around again!

Put it this way: we're getting married on the day of the Dundee game and I've been warned not to check the scores during the day.

:DSounds like me.
My husband was ‘nominally’ a Rangers fan in that if you asked him who he supported but never went to games or was that bothered.
When we got together and eventually married it was a case of come on onboard or become a football widower.
He got a ST with my dad and I and still has it but he will never have the same connection or feeling me that I do.
He says i’m addicted to FF and I know that pisses him off. Bad results put me in a shit mood and Feb 14th 2012 nearly ruined a holiday.
I love him more than life itself though and if he asked me to choose between Rangers and him I would in a heartbeat....but I know he never would:cool:.
Family is more important than anything but Rangers are a massive part of my life.
Me and my boyfriend are both fans but I’m more staunch than he is no question :cool:

Hard to understand how some put work before The Rangers - family yes but work ?

Remember my boss asking me to send him my forward planning for the coming year - just sent him the Rangers fixture list.

Back