Being the better team but not winning

simplythebest

Does the team have the mental strength to put teams away when we are clearly the better team? Yes we can do this against Hibs, Hearts but what about the bigger games Celtic, Aberdeen, Young boys being recent examples.? Today’s game is key and we need to win ugly if that is what required.

Two of those games, we were fucked over by inept officials. Even the last game we had an albeit soft decision, go against us.

Get those easy decisions correct, threads like this wouldn’t be getting typed. We didn’t ‘not produce’ which would have been more of a worry.

Two of those games, we were fucked over by inept officials. Even the last game we had an albeit soft decision, go against us.

Get those easy decisions correct, threads like this wouldn’t be getting typed. We didn’t ‘not produce’ which would have been more of a worry.

While they may well be true mate, we still need to be putting the ball in the back of the net more often when we are dominating. Then we don’t need to rely on folk getting decisions correct.

While they may well be true mate, we still need to be putting the ball in the back of the net more often when we are dominating. Then we don’t need to rely on folk getting decisions correct.
I do agree, but we were denied legal opportunities to score in all three.

( I know we’re shit at penalties)

If it was a common theme i would be more worried that we cant put teams away but we were utterly woeful after 30 minutes against Aberdeen so i dont think it deserves to be in the same description as the cup final and the game against YB we just simply needed a result to go through and we did, was a unlucky goal to concede and quite a few players looked gassed at the end but going through is all that mattered, dont think many would complain if we got to the Europa league final on the back of drawing every match.

Nothing soft about it.

Last Sunday we never got the breaks, unfortunately thats football, its cruel at times.
However just remember we have dominated 3 of the last 5 Old Firm games.
Any mentally challengeds looking in, its staring you in the face.
We are coming.

Really not into this blaming it on the ref p ish. I'm sure bad decisions happen the length and breadth of the country. Its not going to change anytime soon. We just have to kill teams off so the occasional bad referee decision has no bearing out the final outcome of the match.

Does the team have the mental strength to put teams away when we are clearly the better team? Yes we can do this against Hibs, Hearts but what about the bigger games Celtic, Aberdeen, Young boys being recent examples.? Today’s game is key and we need to win ugly if that is what required.

You could have the mental strength of Marcus Aurelius, it doesn’t make corrupt / cowardly match officials execute their responsibilities in an honest manner.

Really depends on the games the op is on about .The Aberdeen game we should have had a penalty. But we were 2-0 up and let them back into the game .The Celtic cup final game we played them off the park. We lost the game due to poor decisions from the ref and the linesman also the Celtic keeper having a really good game.

It's not going to happen on a constant basis so long as we keep creating. The team, as a team weren't responsible for not putting away a load of chances.Young boys and sheep, I've no idea if it was the gaffers choice to go deeper and defend. It's something he needs to sort out. We have qualified from a tough group in Europe which tells me they have mentality. The officials beat us last week.poets never won legitamately

Really not into this blaming it on the ref p ish. I'm sure bad decisions happen the length and breadth of the country. Its not going to change anytime soon. We just have to kill teams off so the occasional bad referee decision has no bearing out the final outcome of the match.
If you could read my post history you’d find I’m not into blaming refs, so there’s no paranoia here. It’s not the occasional bad decision lately, even today, a blatant penalty I could see from 120 yards away.

If it was occasionally and they ‘evened themselves up’, I’d agree with you.

Back