Belgian league bosses backtracking

jdm1873

Don't know if posted already. They have backtracked after a meeting with UEFA. Now seeking approval before calling a winner and abandoning league.

I’m pretty sure that the decision was already subject to ratification by member clubs(albeit it was very likely)
Undoubtedly the pressure applied should lead to a get out vote.

I don’t think it will work like retrospective planning permission.
You would have thought someone at the Belgian FA spoke to UEFA before making any public announcement - probably will retract it now, that would just sum up the mess, what an absurd position to be in

Imagine here Celtic where awarded the title only to be bitchslapped... the fall out would be marvellous, not the first part though...

People are dying and the football authorities concern is how to finish the season.....football is morally corrupt

The SPFL will be completed to a conclusion when it is possible to do so, then the new season will commence when it is possible it will take a few seasons to resume the natural order but that is what will happen.

Don't know if posted already. They have backtracked after a meeting with UEFA. Now seeking approval before calling a winner and abandoning league.

They never did have approval though. It always had to go to the Belgian Football Assembly on 15th April for ratification. Given the UEFA letter you'd think that was unlikely now.

UEFA are going to force the leagues to finish no matter what.

That’s becoming evident now. Total shambles.
and it will be no matter what,
tv companies contracts will extend to the end (whenever).
the new season will start with a revamp, still to finish before the euros.
'revamp', meaning there could be a change to formats, less games or no cups.

In the name of suffering %^*&. The world has stopped while people are dying in their thousands. Make a fucking decision for all leagues and have fucking done with it.

Would have been funny if the spfl had made a similar decision last week and handed the tramps the title only to get put right back in their wee box.

What's pissing me off, is to get back to normal football quicker, its best to end all the seasons now, instead of ridiculous ideas of trying to finish them, when no one has a clue when it can start. The one I read about the Scottish cup looked as though it came from an inmate in carstairs.

Surely the best way for all concerned is getting everything cleared now,even the tv companies.

UEFA are going to force the leagues to finish no matter what.

That’s becoming evident now. Total shambles.

I would not go as far as that. UEFA would love the leagues to be completed. However think they will have a date in mind when they will allow association to declare champions, etc if it looks unlikely games can be played without impacting too much into what already looks like being a curtailed 2020/21 season.

UEFA should come out and say they will use the previous years finishes in regards to European football, with domestic leagues declared null and void.

OP, where did you see this ? Belgian media are only reporting that even after the meeting with UEFA the Belgian Pro League are not changing their mind. They said that after the meeting Ceferin from UEFA said they should not see the statement about clubs being kicked out of Europe as a threat but as information on what might potentially happen.

Apart from that they are only saying that they will still talk with UEFA to find a solution so it might change next week.

Back