Belgian league voided?

Can't see this happening here tbh. The vast majority of cancelled leagues handed out titles. I don't recognise any of them anyway.
Besides if our board aren't going to stand up and be counted what hope is there. We had our chance.

We pushed for Doncaster's suspension and an independent investigation. There's only so much we can do if other clubs are happy with blatant corruption.

Im sure if this is a final outcome then it would allow Scottish position to be questioned .

First let’s see the spfl vs Petition case outcome .

I don’t imagine there is an urgent race to a conclusion right now

It's clear we have long given up on even trying to void the league here so this doesn't really hold any relevance to us

The Belgian decision is about as relevant as the Macedonian league's U-turn. They reversed their null and void to gift out titles.
Rangers should have already acted before, not waited on anyone else.

Belgium will not have made a 180 degree turn because of fan or media opinion.

This, if true, is influenced by either UEFA or legal, IMO.

I certainly wouldn't dismiss collateral damage for the cabal at this stage.

FBS

I agree, its absolutely what we should do. But we won't. Gary mcallister and Stevie G talking about stopping 10 in a row sums up the mentality of our board (not criticising Stevie or Gary btw).

What would you actually want them to say?

It will be their 10th title. The fact that over half are tainted is a different argument.

You can’t have relegation and champions at the same time.
Of course, the SPFL will do their best to change that if this ever did happen.
That's precisely what they want unfortunately.

Hearts/Thistle joint statement:
"For clarity, our petition does not seek to set aside or unravel the fee payments made to clubs, nor indeed the *declaration of Champions*, or the nomination of clubs who will participate in European competition."

The law of the land and the articles of the Associations maybe different but the logic remains the same and similar principles will be applied to the Arbitration process. It will be particularly interesting if it finds that Dundee's original vote should have been considered as cast.

If the Arbitration then decides that Hearts, Partick and Stranraer's relegation is unjust or that you can't relegate a team in an incomplete season then neither can you promote a team from the league below. The logical answer is that there are no winners or losers just an incomplete season.

That could well be the outcome of the Arbitration.

How the SPFL deal with that possible outcome is anyone's guess. They surely can't take £10m out the kitty for compensation so logic would suggest that they would reinstate the relegated clubs and pay a nominal amount of compo to teams missing out on promotion (which should include teams in the playoff positions) as other countries have.

They may, however, also suggest that while nobody actually won the various leagues and, as such, there is no promotion the club at the top of the leagues at the date of suspension are to be considered winners, or Champions, but in name only without the benefit of the accompanying promotion. That way the mhanky mhob keep their tainted title even if the SPFL lose.

You panicking ?

You seem to imply theres many leagues
Well 15 is quite a few.
Forgive me because I'm not head over heels about a decision in Belgium that won't affect us and because I'm not overjoyed our board have rolled over and taken it after all the status quo pish.

Last edited:
I’m not sure Champions term would be justified , perhaps top or first in the league but Champion I don’t think so .
Then there is the financial agreement to allow a club to progress ‘like Champions’ . Surrogate.

The law of the land and the articles of the Associations maybe different but the logic remains the same and similar principles will be applied to the Arbitration process. It will be particularly interesting if it finds that Dundee's original vote should have been considered as cast.

If the Arbitration then decides that Hearts, Partick and Stranraer's relegation is unjust or that you can't relegate a team in an incomplete season then neither can you promote a team from the league below. The logical answer is that there are no winners or losers just an incomplete season.

That could well be the outcome of the Arbitration.

How the SPFL deal with that possible outcome is anyone's guess. They surely can't take £10m out the kitty for compensation so logic would suggest that they would reinstate the relegated clubs and pay a nominal amount of compo to teams missing out on promotion (which should include teams in the playoff positions) as other countries have.

They may, however, also suggest that while nobody actually won the various leagues and, as such, there is no promotion the club at the top of the leagues at the date of suspension are to be considered winners, or Champions, but in name only without the benefit of the accompanying promotion. That way the mhanky mhob keep their tainted title even if the SPFL lose.
You can't have winners without making heard the losers, i.e. Relegation. It's one or the other

Remember the media kept telling us we have to follow the precedent set by Belgium?

Wonder if they still think that?

You can't have winners without making heard the losers, i.e. Relegation. It's one or the other
Agree totally and it follows sound logic.

The problem is associating logic with an SPFL decision. The Arbitration process will not provide all the answers. It will rule on the specific questions relating to relegation and promotion and determine the legality or otherwise of that relegation.

If they do decide that the relegation of clubs is not legal then it will be back to the footballing authorities to sort out all associated matters. Logic says that if that is the outcome of the Arbitration process then it means there are no winners. Irrespective of the decision and the logical conclusion the chances of the SPFL taking the title back is slim and they will do whatever they can to avoid that scenario.

Just need to wait on the conclusion of the Arbitration process and see what recommendations are made. We all know what the outcome should be but, sadly, we have seen this movie many times before and anything that is left to the authorities is unlikely to follow what you or I would consider common sense or logic.

Sounds like the ultimate click bait shoite.
Not a single mention on any Belgian sports or news channel or online rag.

If no relegation then common sense and sporting integrity states no champions. However, neither the SPFL or SFA would dare strip them of the title. The bold Peter would erupt in all his Japanese fury, and a horde of the great unwashed (aka their fans) would march on Hampden.

Therefore it would have to go to court. Question is, would our board do that? Or could the fans or a 3rd party do it?

If the original resolution vote is deemed to have been invalid, then the SPFL had no authority to award a title. So I cannot see how any legal move to ‘strip the tittie‘ could fail.

Back