Belgian league voided?

Surely if Hearts and Partick Thistle win it stands to reason that if there's no relegation, also there's no promotion and also no champions. Therefore, if what the quote earlier in the thread from UEFA said about participants in this seasons European Competitions being based on sporting merit, Rangers should be going for us to be in the Champions League qualifiers based on last seasons co-efficient points.

Correct. We all know it.

Anything happening because of it is extremely unlikely, sadly.

If foul play by the SPFL is found in the documentation presented at the Arbitration Tribunal, then this will be the second biggest scandal in Scottish football history after the Celtc * scandal, and there will be serious repercussions for those involved. Everything is then up in the air, including the bogus League title wrongly awarded.

Along with getting rid of the cabal this WAS part of it for the club. There is no way they cunts should have been handed that title and the door opened to earn astronomical amounts of money for something they hadn't earned.
Regardless of the form Rangers were in from the winter break I'm of the mind we would have been 4 points behind with six to play, the competition was not completed we were screwed proper.
Titles are unfair and tainted but one thing people need to get real about is the Champions League money. If the season is null and void we aren't going to get in to the Champions League and tbh I think that's fair. Titles should absolutely not be handed out but I don't think we should be given access to the CL because of this.

I'm not sure of that, tbh. Rangers legally contesting the validity of the Dundee vote is no different to what Hearts and Thistle are currently doing. Compound that with the SPFL only giving member clubs one option only to end the League season, never mind the UEFA letter in which they openly lied that member clubs wanted the season over, before any such vote to do so had ever taken place. The SPFL's behaviour has been outrageous.

Yes it has.

However, I think we tried to play it cool by placing the evidence in front of the other clubs and letting them make the decision. Unfortunately most of them said "meh" to it. The media did their best to paint the situation as "Rangers v the SPFL" and that we were trying to prevent the Scum being awarded the title. Off the record maybe. On the record we didn't make one mention of the Scum being awarded the title. It was only when there was a vote for an EGM on the table that Liewell finally broke his silence, most likely because the SPFL were getting slated left, right and centre instead of us being painted as the agitators.

As DE said on the update on H & H a few days ago, Rangers are watching the situation with the Arbitration case closely. I would hope that we will have something planned for when it ends whatever the decision is.

I know what you are saying, but this is Chinatown here. If the relegation is overturned, or declared invalid, then it is likely the statements afterwards will make no mention of the title. The powers that be will try to keep the the 2 issues separate, even if they are most definitely connected, and legally they don’t have a leg to stand on. They will just quickly try and move on without mention of the title not being valid. Can you imagine Doncaster telling Lawwell that the title is to be taken away, or not awarded? I would not even put it past them to try and retrospectively award them it if it does get called null and void, especially now a Lawwell is meant to be going on the board. I just don’t expect them to give it up without a real fight, regardless of what any court says.

Lawwell would take this to court - or at least bluster about it putting further financial fear into Scottish clubs.

Ultimately, though, the award of a title is secondary. It's entry to the Champions League that is most important and they'll still have that.

Yes it has.

However, I think we tried to play it cool by placing the evidence in front of the other clubs and letting them make the decision. Unfortunately most of them said "meh" to it. The media did their best to paint the situation as "Rangers v the SPFL" and that we were trying to prevent the Scum being awarded the title. Off the record maybe. On the record we didn't make one mention of the Scum being awarded the title. It was only when there was a vote for an EGM on the table that Liewell finally broke his silence, most likely because the SPFL were getting slated left, right and centre instead of us being painted as the agitators.

As DE said on the update on H & H a few days ago, Rangers are watching the situation with the Arbitration case closely. I would hope that we will have something planned for when it ends whatever the decision is.

The indecent haste of the SPFL to quickly shut down the season, with Celtc simultaneously and publicly commenting on their " deserved title " should have set alarm bells ringing, especially when other Leagues around Europe were playing it by ear and waiting on a window to conclude their respective League fixtures. I hope we have an official observer at this Arbitration Tribunal and a full transcript of evidence given.

The indecent haste of the SPFL to quickly shut down the season, with Celtc simultaneously and publicly commenting on their " deserved title " should have set alarm bells ringing, especially when other Leagues around Europe were playing it by ear and waiting on a window to conclude their respective League fixtures. I hope we have an official observer at this Arbitration Tribunal and a full transcript of evidence given.

I don't think that will be the case mate.

Remember in the Court case that the SPFL wanted Arbitration because it would keep things private that would normally be made public in open court. The guy on the Sportsound pod virtually confirmed this.

Hearts & Thistle will get to view particular docs requested but they will be kept private from the public. I would hope that we already have something ready if the decision goes Hearts & Thistle's way.

I don't think that will be the case mate.

Remember in the Court case that the SPFL wanted Arbitration because it would keep things private that would normally be made public in open court. The guy on the Sportsound pod virtually confirmed this.

Hearts & Thistle will get to view particular docs requested but they will be kept private from the public. I would hope that we already have something ready if the decision goes Hearts & Thistle's way.

The SPFL represent all member clubs, including us, mate. I don't see why we cannot be denied access to a process that will affect us, especially if Hearts and Thistle are successful.

The SPFL represent all member clubs, including us, mate. I don't see why we cannot be denied access to a process that will affect us, especially if Hearts and Thistle are successful.

Yeah they are supposed to be.

However, they weren't willing to reveal any details of their defence against Heart's & Thistle unless clubs put their neck on the line as well. Which is why we have Dundee Utd, Raith & Cove involved in the case but now they all want to drop out because they can't afford the court fees.

Apart from Dundee Utd who can spunk £100k on a Manager but will have their court costs paid by two wallopers doing a sponsored cycle to Tynecastle? If Heats still have a firm they should be waiting to kick f*ck out of them if they even get near Tynecastle.

Thank fuçk someone gets it.

Any judge in this country or Scotland yes.
That’s why this needed to go to CAS, and fukc the consequences.
We are hated by just about every team in the league so what did they have to lose?
we had the biggest opportunity to blow this whole cabal out the water and we bottled it!
Plain and simple!
What happens as a consequence already?

Lennon comes forward and says that the first old firm game put back till October.Low and behold what happens on Monday when the fixtures are announced.

Dungcaster now comes out with a proposal that will give the him and his other henchmen (SPFL) the power to call the league without even consulting the other member clubs?
He already knows he has most of their backing especially if Thistle and Hearts lose… and if If expected Covid 19 makes a very unwelcome return to your shores?

This shit has already started and not a ball has been kicked, and make no mistake about it the bigdwellers want that league and will do anything… to get it!

Any judge in this country or Scotland yes.
That’s why this needed to go to CAS, and fukc the consequences.
We are hated by just about every team in the league so what did they have to lose?
we had the biggest opportunity to blow this whole cabal out the water and we bottled it!
Plain and simple!
What happens as a consequence already?

Lennon comes forward and says that the first old firm game put back till October.Low and behold what happens on Monday when the fixtures are announced.

Dungcaster now comes out with a proposal that will give the him and his other henchmen (SPFL) the power to call the league without even consulting the other member clubs?
He already knows he has most of their backing especially if Thistle and Hearts lose… and if If expected Covid 19 makes a very unwelcome return to your shores?

This shit has already started and not a ball has been kicked, and make no mistake about it the bigdwellers want that league and will do anything… to get it!

What exactly could we have done?

We put evidence in front of the rest of the clubs in the league system and they passed on it.

Now serveral weeks & months down the line, these same clubs are going to be cost millions because they chose to ignore the info that we showed them. Particularly around any money that will be due to the TV companies. This time next year, these same clubs will be moaning about where is their prize money? You voted to give it to Sky et al last year will be the reply and there will be SFA (no pun intended) that they can do about it.

What exactly could we have done?

We put evidence in front of the rest of the clubs in the league system and they passed on it.

Now serveral weeks & months down the line, these same clubs are going to be cost millions because they chose to ignore the info that we showed them. Particularly around any money that will be due to the TV companies. This time next year, these same clubs will be moaning about where is their prize money? You voted to give it to Sky et al last year will be the reply and there will be SFA (no pun intended) that they can do about it.

They were always going to reject it.
How do think the cabal have lasted so long?
They have the Gray’s, McGregor’s, of this world there to protect them.
It’s been like this since 2012.
Why do you think all the calls were made on the day of voting, to make sure the ‘others’ fell into line!
It was rigged from day one, and if we had real evidence then we should have presented that to the European Court of Arbitration.Not some proxy judge in Scotland who is just going to toss it back to the SFA.
Robertson is a complete bottler, and just @ mammys boy, who knew what was going on for years and did SFA to expose them!

Would be comedy gold if popcorn teeth had to hand back the trophy, can imagine him in a tug of war crying out its mine I tell ye just give it to me I deserve it and all the other shite he’ll come out with.

So that’s the Dhim’s “Aye but Belgium awarded the league” excuse out the window. I even heard Keevin’s use it to shout down a Bear last week.

What baffles me is that the club still haven't said anything about it. Basically just rolled over and accepted it.

The way I look at it, maybe I'm being optimistic, is that if promotion and relegation are scrubbed out you also cannot have a title awarded as they all go hand in hand.

Belgian League yet to decide what to do having been told they cannot relegate as is.

The Pro league met this afternoon after the tidal wave caused by the verdict of the Belgian Court of Arbitration for sport. According to the CBAS, the May 15 Pro League GA must be invalidated, which de facto blocks the relegation of Waasland-Beveren. The Pro League Board of Directors therefore held an emergency meeting in the presence of its lawyers to analyze the decision made by the CBAS. According to the official press release, "after a fruitful exchange of views, the management has been instructed to prepare a detailed note for the attention of the Council which will meet again on Monday and will then take a decision prior to the convocation of a new Assembly General ". Case to follow…

The good thing about Belgium football and all others outside of scotland is they don;t have a celtic or celtic run cabals ruling their organisations.

Back