Belgian relegation overturned.

The whole reason a (corrupt) vote was cast allowing them to ignore this finding and claim it was done under the rules, if we had the guts for that fight we should be in the courts also, sadly outplayed off the pitch again also

Another huge blot on the asterisk years.

Imagine being one of the only countries in world football to hand out tainted titles.

It is shameful considering our history to the invention of the game itself.

8 in a row and an asterisk.

I agree.

The fact that they engineered the early end of the season means that forevermore their title will be tainted.

I heard a bear explain this to a pape in the queue outside the local butcher a couple of months ago when the SPFL made them the asterisk champs.

His excellent point was a long the lines of,

‘How can you call it nine in a row? For one of your league wins, your only challenger was put into administration just after the mid point of the season. For the next four, your only challenger wasn’t even in the same division. For the latest title, you never even got enough points to win it. At a push, I am giving you 4 and 1/2 in a row’,

For me the early shutdown hasn’t a been all bad. The beggars were winning the league had the world never heard the words covid and nineteen but this league will for now and forever more be known as the asterisk title.

If a forensic investigation into the goings on at the SPFL was announced there would be a few of them with Belgian chocolate in their drawers.

Back