belgium 3-4-2-1 formation

SG has flirted with 3 at the back briefly and I wouldnt be surprised if we revisited it at some point this season in some variation. I'm not sure how suited our CBS are, Goldson certainly isnt and Katic distribution is fine, not particularly special. We've come a long way in a short space of time and I think being a bit more tactically flexible would benefit us. One point re the belgians - Vertonghen's technique was phenomonal he's as good a footballer as anyone in the Scotland team, Scotland were trying to press high and their defenders were comfortable enough to play through us easily. Plus Scotland's number 9 was Matt Phillips, who is as crap as anyone I've seen play up front for Scotland and Iwelumo. Not sure about comparisons to us for going into games against top sides, Belgium played that way knowing they're well a million miles ahead of Scotland

Are you mad??? He hasn’t kicked a ball since the 2-0 win over them he gives the ball away in dangerous positions often the honeymoon period is over now he was a bargain at 50k but he is no more than a squad filler and if he was a regular we can forget catching them as he simply isn’t good enough
oki doki

International football is a joke though really isn't it - as is Martinez - a team seen as one of the best in the world and the caliber of manager they can attract is Martinez....be lucky if a last 16 CL team had him in there top 10 if they looked for a new manager.

A serious team, a real football team wouldn't be playing that. At international level it is predominantly a platform for failed domestic coaches, a lot of them who have failed badly

Back