Belgium ban fans from football

Bonnyloyal

Reuters​

BRUSSELS - Belgium, one of the European countries worst hit by the new coronavirus, tightened restrictions on social contacts on Friday by banning fans from sports matches, limiting the number of people in cultural spaces and closing theme parks

Is that based on an outbreak linked to a football ground? Seems better to have them in the ground than in a cinema.

Is that based on an outbreak linked to a football ground? Seems better to have them in the ground than in a cinema.

Heard on the radio that Brighton have been having fans in during games for a pizza bar. Where they can sit in the confines of the ground, have a pizza and a pint, watch the game on a screen but not out the window that overlooks the pitch.

I mean come on to %^*& :))

Why ? You can easily fit in a few thousand of fans and be spaced apart. Absolute nonsense.
First thing I noticed was they were all mostly sitting together in clumps, rather than being equally spaced out it looked like in one of the ends there was 30 odd sitting together in a row

Why ? You can easily fit in a few thousand of fans and be spaced apart. Absolute nonsense.

It’s absolute nonsense to suggest an area with the biggest concentration of cases in Europe and which banned all spectator gatherings 14 hours later shouldn’t have gone ahead with it?

All of which added to the risk factor to our own club and employees?

Aye ok.

Don't think singing is allowed mate.

I know it wasn't in Poland when they allowed fans back in.
There fans must have ignored it then.

There's no fans allowed in poland at the moment, which means we'll be about another 5 years away.

There fans must have ignored it then.

There's no fans allowed in poland at the moment, which means we'll be about another 5 years away.
They allowed 25% of capacity back to finish last season.
They still had the fake crowd noise as the fans were ordered not to sing.

I had no idea they were back to BCD, not good when we've still not got past having a 'test event'.

They allowed 25% of capacity back to finish last season.
They still had the fake crowd noise as the fans were ordered not to sing.

I had no idea they were back to BCD, not good when we've still not got past having a 'test event'.
Just happened last weekend mate. I thought the same as you, doesnt look good for our hopes.

I didn't realise it was fake crowd noise. I'm surprised at that, it sounded real enough.

Ball goes into crowd, infected fan throws it back, player catches virus and misses games for us, I'd rather there was none in there either to be honest.

Just happened last weekend mate. I thought the same as you, doesnt look good for our hopes.

I didn't realise it was fake crowd noise. I'm surprised at that, it sounded real enough.
There may well have been real noise mate, I watched a couple of Jagellonia games just after their restart, my mate who follows them told me about the singing ban and the fake crowd noise.

Chances are, as time progressed, fans fell back into the habit of chanting.

There may well have been real noise mate, I watched a couple of Jagellonia games just after their restart, my mate who follows them told me about the singing ban and the fake crowd noise.

Chances are, as time progressed, fans fell back into the habit of chanting.
No doubt mate. I actually started watching a few of the games as there was a bit of an atmosphere and although not full, it made a hell of a difference.

Reuters​

BRUSSELS - Belgium, one of the European countries worst hit by the new coronavirus, tightened restrictions on social contacts on Friday by banning fans from sports matches, limiting the number of people in cultural spaces and closing theme parks
Roofe’s goal really had an effect!

It just emphasises how bad that Standard Liege coach was when he was right in Roofe's face splattering and mouthing off with a mask that had fallen down, he deserved a boot in the nuts to get his face out of the way.

Ball goes into crowd, infected fan throws it back, player catches virus and misses games for us, I'd rather there was none in there either to be honest.
So do we just never have any fans again then ? You can’t completely remove risks , let’s keep some perspective , less than 1% of the Belgian population currently have the virus. It’s not lurking around every corner.

So do we just never have any fans again then ? You can’t completely remove risks , let’s keep some perspective , less than 1% of the Belgian population currently have the virus. It’s not lurking around every corner.
I never said that, but at the moment I would rather take less risks with our squad, I don't want to take any chances with our players, a positive test means a player could miss a couple of games maybe even more, so let me get this straight you are happy to take risks that could possibly decimate our squad? You sure you're a Rangers fan?

I never said that, but at the moment I would rather take less risks with our squad, I don't want to take any chances with our players, a positive test means a player could miss a couple of games maybe even more, so let me get this straight you are happy to take risks that could possibly decimate our squad? You sure you're a Rangers fan?
I think the main risk of flying to Belgium in the first place is more realistic than somebody with the virus catching the ball throwing it back and infected a player you’re making up ridiculous scenarios. And questioning whether or not someone is a fan because I believe having some fans back at football is a good thing is another ridiculous comment from you. Let’s remember if we don’t get fans back in at some point there might not be any clubs to support eventually. If people like you have your way we’d all be under a rock for the foreseeable.

It’s absolute nonsense to suggest an area with the biggest concentration of cases in Europe and which banned all spectator gatherings 14 hours later shouldn’t have gone ahead with it?

All of which added to the risk factor to our own club and employees?

Aye ok.
14 hours later.... Blah blah blah.

Had they made the decision a day earlier, then 14 hours before that their would have been fans elsewhere.

Your only gripe seems to be you are a Rangers fan.
And Rangers were the last team fans seen.
Stuck in a cinema, theatre, pub or shopping centre is fine, but at the football is daft?
Aye ok.

Last edited:
14 hours later.... Blah blah blah.

Had they made the decision a day earlier, then 14 hours before that their would have been fans elsewhere.

Your only gripe sees to be you are a Rangers fan.
And Rangers were the last team fans seen.
Stuck in a cinema, they're, pub or shopping centre is fine, but at the football is daft?
Aye ok.

Ive read this 3 times and I still don’t have a fucking clue what you’re trying to say.

You can try again in coherent paragraphs if you wish.

Back