Belgium v Scotland

Tom tim English...rest assured, if this was Big Eck in charge he wouldn't be so complimentary, the absolute fud.

Scotland defended as well as they could. They played as well as they could. But Scotland, with all of their players at 100%, couldn't beat this lot. They've got too much class. And they're going to beat better teams than Scotland 3-0. Scotland need to move on now and I think, in a year's time, Scotland will look a bit different, they'll have more confidence under Steve Clarke
He said something along the same lines when PSG won 5-0 at the Chamber of Secrets.

I watched that tonight.
I have to say Scotland surprised me.
They were much much worse than I thought they could be.

I saw McGregor wearing the number ten shirt ...he was an imposter, how we ever let this clown strut around the park against us is a disgrace.
The defence was terrible, (the goalkeeper notwithstanding, who actually played well) but the midfield in front of the defence was non-existent.
Football is a simple game, but if you cannot have a touch to control a football and if you cannot make a simple pass under pressure, then forget it.
That goes for any level.

There isn't a single player in that Scotland team tonight that I would take at Ibrox.
A special mention for the big lad up front.
I hope he stays at The Filth.

I watched that tonight.

I saw McGregor wearing the number ten shirt ...he was an imposter, how we ever let this clown strut around the park against us is a disgrace.
The defence was terrible, (the goalkeeper notwithstanding, who actually played well) but the midfield in front of the defence was non-existent.
Football is a simple game, but if you cannot have a touch to control a football and if you cannot make a simple pass under pressure, then forget it.
That goes for any level.

There isn't a single player in that Scotland team tonight that I would take at Ibrox.

McGregor hurt us when we were soft, weak, unorganised and a complete mess.

He done very little against us last season, he was second best in most games.

An over rated google eyed prick.

I watched that tonight.

That goes for any level.

Is this a joke? Do you think our Rangers side would have fared any better against what are literally the best team in the world right now. Realistically players like McTominay, Fraser etc would walk into our team. McGregor too if we are being honest.

Brutal. Lucky that wasn't a 5 or 6 nil tanking. That is the first game of the "national" team I've watched in donkeys years, and was in my Brussels local. General reaction from those assembled - Belgium didn't get out of 3rd gear... sarcastic shouts of "come on Scotland" when we got the ball as they knew we would do SFA with it. Roll over Steve Clarke.

Brutal. Lucky that wasn't a 5 or 6 nil tanking. That is the first game of the "national" team I've watched in donkeys years, and was in my Brussels local. General reaction from those assembled - Belgium didn't get out of 3rd gear... sarcastic shouts of "come on Scotland" when we got the ball as they knew we would do SFA with it. Roll over Steve Clarke.
This ^^^^ is the horrible truth.

We never looked even remotely threatening. Even when we somehow got presented with a tap in we managed to miscontrol and fall over the ball

We are falling farther and farther behind almost all nations who actually invest in their kids and teach them technique.

It’s only going to get worse. Nothing will ever change with the same old farts running the show

Is this a joke? Do you think our Rangers side would have fared any better against what are literally the best team in the world right now. Realistically players like McTominay, Fraser etc would walk into our team. McGregor too if we are being honest.
I think I will reserve judgement on your statement.
McTominay and Fraser I haven't seen enough of, but tonight they were poor, although Fraser had a bit of pace about him, as for the 'etc' I thought the 'etc' were rather shyte and stand on my own judgement here.
McGregor looks good in a team that is bullying another, but tonight he was hiding in plain sight.
I know when a player hides.
So no thank you, not in my Rangers team.

Fcking raging had lakaku ,spelling, on for the hat trick he could have had bloddy 5 Scotland are pish who cares c,money the Rangers

I think I will reserve judgement on your statement.
McTominay and Fraser I haven't seen enough of, but tonight they were poor, although Fraser had a bit of pace about him, as for the 'etc' I thought the 'etc' were rather shyte and stand on my own judgement here.
McGregor looks good in a team that is bullying another, but tonight he was hiding in plain sight.
I know when a player hides.
So no thank you, not in my Rangers team.

I think the key thing is that the team were playing Belgium, the best team in the world who haven’t lost at home in almost a decade. I don’t think anyone was hiding, they just came up against a far better team who were physically and technically a far better team. If we played Barcelona tomorrow I’d be confident several of players would look they were bystanders. But the reality would be there are levels and they’re not that good.

I think the key thing is that the team were playing Belgium, the best team in the world who haven’t lost at home in almost a decade. I don’t think anyone was hiding, they just came up against a far better team who were physically and technically a far better team. If we played Barcelona tomorrow I’d be confident several of players would look they were bystanders. But the reality would be there are levels and they’re not that good.
Remind me, how did they do against Kazakhstan?
Where are they in the world rankings?

Sorry mate, but no cigar.

Clarke needs to develop an onfield identity and a culture of commitment off it. Players will never seriously commit to the team otherwise. He neither has the players, the footballing brains or sobriety to achieve this. Scotland are just stuck in a rut which they will never get out of.

Was a dire performance. But it was always expected

It will be interesting to see the reaction if/when Russia win at Hampden. The Russian games are the ones he should be judged on, but I doubt the mhedia will

The names in the starting back 4 are embarrassing

Remind me, how did they do against Kazakhstan?
Where are they in the world rankings?

Sorry mate, but no cigar.

Kazakhstan was a debacle and a half. But it speaks more to the shape and managerial quality for me. I loved big Eck but he was out his depth. It remains to be seen if Clarke will take us out the dark ages. Based on tonight’s team selection the answer is no.

I mean of nations that should realistically be expected to topple a decent side every now and then. There’s never any sign of progress for Scotland, just a never ending cycle of shiteness.
Going back a decade or so, they had a few decent results, France, Italy and so on but they have been in terminal decline for the last 25 years. It’s hard to see that changing within a generation. It’s just a sea of mediocrity overseen by fat cats that are only content in running the game from the benefit of Celtc and a support (the tranny army) that only really care about getting their away day pissups.

Tom tim English...rest assured, if this was Big Eck in charge he wouldn't be so complimentary, the absolute fud.

Scotland defended as well as they could. They played as well as they could. But Scotland, with all of their players at 100%, couldn't beat this lot. They've got too much class. And they're going to beat better teams than Scotland 3-0. Scotland need to move on now and I think, in a year's time, Scotland will look a bit different, they'll have more confidence under Steve Clarke

Really insightful stuff there from a leading journalist ............. absolutely pathetic analysis, in keeping with the rest of the hacks in this country.

Kazakhstan was a debacle and a half. But it speaks more to the shape and managerial quality for me. I loved big Eck but he was out his depth. It remains to be seen if Clarke will take us out the dark ages. Based on tonight’s team selection the answer is no.
I agree.

McLeish has got Scotland into a decent position to qualify for the Euros with the Nations League play-offs.

Clarke’s tenure has got off to a less than exemplary start. Very pleasing. I’d be over the moon for him to fail at Scotland.

Clarke’s tenure has got off to a less than exemplary start. Very pleasing. I’d be over the moon for him to fail at Scotland.
Not that I really care either way , but 3 points from his 2 games was probably what everyone expected. Probably par for the course so far.

Tim Irish’s article sums up the Mhedia in this country.

“Ach well, the Belgians will skelp other teams as well.”

I hope you backed this.
fJm9oM0.png

Scotland are probably the only side who never throw up a surprise and consistently disappoint.

Actually, I'm never disappointed in Scotland's national football team because I never expect them to ever win.
When they win, I'm surprised, irrespective of whom they are playing.

I would say that Fraser will go for tens of millions in the next few weeks - possibly to Liverpool or Arsenal. McTominay is still developing and next season will largely decide if he still has a bright future in the game or not as it has to be his breakout year for United.

McGregor has been average for them for some time now - he looked a decent player earlier in the season but that form is long gone ...

Clarke does look to be out of his depth and his Kilmarnock picks surely show that he will another failure - we will probably be out of this group with 2 or 3 games still to go.

Admin - My two cents:

Maybe we should have a thread for those wanting to follow the Scotland game and another for those who just want to tell us how much they hate players/managers/officials/supporters etc. etc.

Both poor performances, and one was against Cyprus.

I know you like an argument on here , I’m not giving you one , simply saying he’s probably got what was expected of him so far , Russia only beat Cyprus 1-0 aswell obviously no pushovers and was Clarke’s first game after only a few weeks. There will be plenty of time in the coming months to criticise the guy don’t worry :D

Typical Clarke formation.
It was like watching Killie defend against us at Ibrox, in their own half.
Predictable Clarke tactics, but against a lesser team than Belgium, would probably have got something out of the game.Terrible to watch, and play against.
Gave up after 1st half.

Admin - My two cents:

Maybe we should have a thread for those wanting to follow the Scotland game and another for those who just want to tell us how much they hate players/managers/officials/supporters etc. etc.
that's a good idea maybe when Rangers are not having a great game and the usual pessimists and lurkers come on to comment we could do the same

that's a good idea maybe when Rangers are not having a great game and the usual pessimists and lurkers come on to comment we could do the same
Different kind of negativity. Those are more panty wetters. On the Scotland threads, people come on for the sole reason to do the above.

Going back a decade or so, they had a few decent results, France, Italy and so on but they have been in terminal decline for the last 25 years. It’s hard to see that changing within a generation. It’s just a sea of mediocrity overseen by fat cats that are only content in running the game from the benefit of Celtc and a support (the tranny army) that only really care about getting their away day pissups.

That’s ages ago now mate and that was all put in place by Sir Walter and carried on by Eck when he was still a decent coach. Since Burley came and undid it all they’ve appointed loser after loser and unsurprisingly we’ve continued to lose and lose.

That’s ages ago now mate and that was all put in place by Sir Walter and carried on by Eck when he was still a decent coach. Since Burley came and undid it all they’ve appointed loser after loser and unsurprisingly we’ve continued to lose and lose.
Yeah true, thee are zero signs of improvement. Struggling to beat Cyprus and pumped away by Belgium, 3-0 going on 10-0. You only have to look at the more or less unanimous heralding of Clarke in the mhedia, to see that there is no appetite for a root and branch change of Scottish football.

Yeah true, thee are zero signs of improvement. Struggling to beat Cyprus and pumped away by Belgium, 3-0 going on 10-0. You only have to look at the more or less unanimous heralding of Clarke in the mhedia, to see that there is no appetite for a root and branch change of Scottish football.

That’s the thing, the guys at the top never change, and thus neither will results. Even shite teams like Ireland can take points from the likes of Belgium, teams that aren’t very good can cause upsets. Not Scotland though, they show absolute consistency in their shiteness.

The one consolation is that the rest of Scotland have treated Rangers so appallingly that I no longer find Scotland defeats upsetting, dare I say I actually find myself smirking at them now.

That’s the thing, the guys at the top never change, and thus neither will results. Even shite teams like Ireland can take points from the likes of Belgium, teams that aren’t very good can cause upsets. Not Scotland though, they show absolute consistency in their shiteness.

The one consolation is that the rest of Scotland have treated Rangers so appallingly that I no longer find Scotland defeats upsetting, dare I say I actually find myself smirking at them now.
Likewise.

Let's be honest if that was a lower ranked team Clarke would be getting it big time,only reason he's escaping any flack is simply because Belgium are ranked 1st in the world.

See Jane Lewis of the BBC trying her hardest
It was no surprise that Scotland lost to the world's best team

Emm would France not be the worlds best team given they are current world champions.

Being an Englishman - I never bothered with them before.

Because of Sturgeon and co. - I now love a jacobite, defeat. The SNP have taught me to hate Scotland.

Good banter, the Scottish.

Back