Ben Davies approached by them

I'd imagine because Simpson will be down the pecking order for us and possibly on a lower weekly wage which would make sense rather than spending £17,000 a week on someone who'll be behind Helander.
It'll be a lot more than 17k a week he's going to get at Celtic. Probably closer to 30k if not more. You don't knockback 17k at you boyhood club to sign for a club at the same wage that's in a total mess and has no idea who their next manager will be.

Looks like they're following our model of a few years ago. O'Donnell, Gallagher and Davies, all Bosmans, all reasonable players. They're Bosmans for a reason. O'Donnell let his contract run down, and only Oxford approached him. He signed for Motherwell.
I'm not going to slag them, but their fans are going to eat humble pie and start polishing turds.

We signed Simpson and were linked with him before Davies.

It was "Rangers & Celtic" guesswork from the media

It'll be a lot more than 17k a week he's going to get at Celtic. Probably closer to 30k if not more. You don't knockback 17k at you boyhood club to sign for a club at the same wage that's in a total mess and has no idea who their next manager will be.
Especially if they have a history of employing paedophiles and then covering that up.

Alex neill in the frame?
They'll offer it to Damien Duff in the summer.

If would expect him to reject it for the same reason he gave for leaving them last summer, because he wants his kids to "grow up with a proper Irish accent and a proper Irish upbringing"

Anyway, if he does, they'll bring out the dregs of MacKay, Neill, Ross, Keane etc.

Apparently his bird is a Celtic fan from Glasgow. He must be an improvement on what they have so hopefully he doesn’t go there.

Would still leave us with Goldson, Helander, Balogun(if extended) and possibly simpson. Then you have Academy players thrown in aswel. Just doesn't make sense imo. Wages better put elsewhere
Does he not have 18 months left? If he was to want to leave Scotland then we’d have possibly only Helander and Katic if Balogun were to also choose to go.

Looks like they're following our model of a few years ago. O'Donnell, Gallagher and Davies, all Bosmans, all reasonable players. They're Bosmans for a reason. O'Donnell let his contract run down, and only Oxford approached him. He signed for Motherwell.
I'm not going to slag them, but their fans are going to eat humble pie and start polishing turds.
O’Donnell? Where has that come from?

We don’t need any more centre halves, unless one or two might be offski in the summer.

Regardless, I trust our recruitment team, they know what they are doing.

Record seem to think the reports aren't true. Taken from their live transfer updates feed:

Reports suggesting Preston’s Ben Davies is close to a pre-contract deal with Celtic are wide of the mark.

Record Sport understands the Hoops are yet to make an offer for any player in this window.

The left sided central defender is available on a free transfer as his contract expires in the summer.

25-year-old Davies was subject to a £3m offer from Bournemouth in the summer but the bid was turned down.

Seven Championship sides and two Premier League teams are showing interest in offering a contract for the defender.

If true I'd seriously doubt Lennon is leaving anytime soon.

Would make zero sense for them to bring players in for next season when they have no idea who the manager will be our what formation/tactics/signings the new guy had lined up.

Lennon looks like he's here for next season at the minimum.

If true I'd seriously doubt Lennon is leaving anytime soon.

Would make zero sense for them to bring players in for next season when they have no idea who the manager will be our what formation/tactics/signings the new guy had lined up.

Lennon looks like he's here for next season at the minimum.
Don,t think he would be mate. Would you want to be the manager who lost them the imaginary ten in a row. The orcs will be out with their tourches and pitchforks if Lennon is still here next season.
The problem I think they have just now is trying to get someone to replace Lennon.

Their stadium would be rubble by kick off next season if lennon at a minimum isn’t gone. Liewell is in the same boat but could probably scrape by by replacing lennon. There was a rumour a couple of weeks ago that lennon was phoning agents to tell them any signings have to go through him but their head of recruitment had emailed them that they don’t go near lennon. Some guy Hardin from Citeh is supposedly going to be their new technical director so it might be him who’s identifying targets.

good shout.

has always been in the frame it seems but not many touting him at the moment given that the focus has been on walter mitty level shit like benitez and poch, or latterly frank

fucking hate them.
I think Alex Neill might be their guy. Based on nothing other than a hunch. Certainly can't see it being Howe anyway.

Back