Ben Davies

Followbear93

How do you think he played ? Noticed he lost a few headers but was warned beforehand this wasn't his biggest asset.
Thought his passing was brilliant.

Start on Tuesday ? Thoughts

I rate Sands highly and think he’ll maybe even go on to be the better player. But vs PSV I’d go with Davies as he’s more steady and experienced and we’ll need that level head.

Bet you a tenner for charity he won't be.
Okay mate no problem, dm me in 10 years time and I’ll name the charity for you to donate to.

When Davies was Sands age he was on a loan spells at Newport County who then were in the Conference South and he wasn’t an automatic starter for them.

Sands at 22 is playing for Glasgow Rangers and he has so much more potential and will go on to be a massive player.

I say that as a fan of Davies.

Last edited:
Don’t recall him losing many headers tbh other than the one Saints should’ve scored from when the boy slid in the penalty box.

Guy strolled it & should be starting moving forward.

Fan boys? Aye imagine supporting a Rangers player!
Okay mate no problem, dm me in 10 years time and I’ll name the charity for you to donate to.

When Davies was Sands age he was on a loan spells at Newport County who then were in the Conference South.

Sands at 22 is playing for Glasgow Rangers and he has so much more potential and will go on to be a massive player.

I say that as a fan of Davies, but I think Sands will eclipse him in time.
Didn't take long.

Looks good positionally and on the ball. I think he will need to improve his physicality though. (Based on nothing more than he looks fairly slight, certainly compared to Goldson).

Think once Ben has settled in to the club and the way we play he will be some player for us
I agree, but I think he’ll need the sports science aspect looked at and beef up somewhat. It’s something we’re very good at with the steroid and Caffine combination (haha). This time next year he’ll be colossal though and his distribution is great.

How many aerial challenges did he actually lose, 1?

His distribution whether long or short must have been high 90’s.

He’s very composed, he talks, he organises and that allowed Goldson to concentrate on his own game. Not that we were overly tested.

The guy looked very competent. I don't think St Johnstone are the best yardstick to judge him against but he certainly looked the part yesterday.

Thought he looked good, positional sense looked good and won most in the air. He seemed confident at picking a pass out, think he will be a solid player for us this year

Thought he played very well and his passing was superb. Could he an exciting season with cbs fighting for a place. Goldsons always solid Sands has been playing very well sputter is a good defender and I think I ve he settles he'll surprise us and last but not least if we can get helander fit we all know how good he is but if he can get fit it'll certainly get very I retesting indeed

He was happy to give a bit back to Goldson and was constantly communicating with him and letting him know when he was covering behind him as opposed to needing to be guided by him. I'm sure there'll be plenty of minutes for all our centre backs, but I don't think there's any doubt Goldson and Davies will be first choice against the bigger teams. Sands, Souttar and Helander when he's back can all get minutes against the dross in our league.

Had one awkward moment in the second half where he got beat for pace but covered well and strolled it apart from that.

Sands fanboys won't like this thread
Mate, I'm not even trying to be nippy, or start an argument, but why the %^*& do people feel the need to pepper a positive post with a little bit of snidey negativity?

Davies is good. Sands will develop.

We could win the Champions League this year and ye could bet your bottom dollar someone would show up with some comment about the defending in the USG game.

A lot in here aren't happy unless they're complaining.

Positivity breeds positivity. That needs to transfer to the stands.

I get it's follow follow, opinions and that, we don't make a difference etc, but the more positive we are in the stands the better surely?

He didn’t have much threat to deal with

I’d go with the tried & trusted Sands. It’s too early to throw Davies into a European game

In what way is it too early? he brings a better balance to the team, he's played a lot of first-team football with experience of training at a very high level with Liverpool, his distribution is good and CH is his natural position.

He was bought to play there and should be the starting LCB moving forward including against PSV.

Last edited:
Looked tidy and composed, caveat being up against very little.

Balance of team did look better though, which is why he was signed.

I rate Sands highly and think he’ll maybe even go on to be the better player. But vs PSV I’d go with Davies as he’s more steady and experienced and we’ll need that level head.
Goldson Davies
Sands
Lundstram
Tillman
Lawrence Colak Kent

I'd start with that if Kent is fit.
If not. Matonda.

In Europe, he won't have to face 2 elbows, 2 shoulders and a 6 foot middleweight bruiser every week..

Domestically he'll contribute in some way to more goals than we conseed.

Will turn out to be a good signing.
Luuk de Jong en Guus Til. Okay! I think you need to do your homework.

Luuk de Jong en Guus Til. Okay! I think you need to do your homework.
Do they get away with wrestling players to the ground and red card offences in Europe these days?
My home work consisted of, is the ref Scottish.
Answer, No.
For 100% mate. Aced it.

Back