Ben Davies

dh1963

Not going to get too carried away after 45 minutes, but I thought we saw today why we brought him to the club.
A composed and effective performance, having a natural left sided centre back made the defence look far more solid. We defended corners well, and rarely looked like getting caught out with a direct ball through the middle.

Obviously taken off to make sure he starts on Tuesday.

Hope this can be the start of good things from him in a Rangers shirt.

Not going to get too carried away after 45 minutes, but I thought we saw today why we brought him to the club.
A composed and effective performance, having a natural left sided centre back made the defence look far more solid. We defended corners well, and rarely looked like getting caught out with a direct ball through the middle.

Obviously taken off to make sure he starts on Tuesday.

Hope this can be the start of good things from him in a Rangers shirt.

A natural left sided cb changes the entire complexion of the team. Was the same with Helander. So much more fluid when it comes to building play. The balance as well. It just "works".

People still think Katic can play in this system ffs.

We need to get Davies in for every game between now and Xmas.

I think his ability to make a forward pass will be the greatest asset. With him there, we’re less likely to fall into the ultra negative pass it along the back constantly thing. He will share forward pass attempts with Connor.

Incidentally, loved Lundstrum’s pass today. More of that please John and speed up your play a bit.

I thought he was limping a bit leaving the park at half time, hopefully I'm talking shit though. I was surprised he never got at least 15 minutes 2nd half though.

He looked very good and the whole back 4 seemed more solid with him in there.

I’ve been defending him on here for weeks now so it was good to see him get out there and show his quality.

yellow and rested I reckon

he looked assured today which is encouraging, hopefully him and Goldson can be a good pairing

Positionally very, very good. I'd argue in that aspect he's far above Sands and even Bassey tbh. Always in the right position to clear away crosses/corners and it made Goldson look more confident too. Looking forward to seeing more of him now.

Composed is exactly the word I'd use mate and don't underestimate the difference a left footed centre half can do for the balance of the side

Or just rested after 45 to ease him back in? I felt he was decent in the 1st half and goldson seemed more settled aswell.

I missed the start of the 2nd half so didn't hear anything

On a yellow plus his first competitive football for weeks.

With Sands unavailable for Tuesday, he's our only realistic option to play alongside Goldson.

Hopefully just safety first.

Positionally very, very good. I'd argue in that aspect he's far above Sands and even Bassey tbh. Always in the right position to clear away crosses/corners and it made Goldson look more confident too. Looking forward to seeing more of him now.

He's miles in front of big Bassey. Generally speaking, CB's positioning wasn't very good - but he had that recovery pace to make up for it.

Tuesday would have been in the manager’s thoughts with taking him off but the way McLean was reffing would have been the determining factor.

Pretty mental in Scotland that you have to sub players off because the ref can’t be trusted not to try and even the game up.

A fir Davies will be a real asset, a calm defender who can use the ball and isn’t afraid to step into the space in midfield is something we’ve lacked, the fact he’s a natural left sided player is a big plus.

Composure and awareness.

What we have lacked all season was highlighted today due to how well we handled both.

Let’s just fvcking kick on with this.

Thought he did well today and seemed to give Goldson a bit of calmness in his game. Promising signs give big Fils’ extended lay off

Our defence looks more balanced with an actual centre half beside Goldson rather than a midfielder standing in. Sands has done ok as a stand in but what a difference with a centre half in there.

Back