Ben Davies

I like what i’ve seen so far. Looks promising, and but for a referee that shouldn’t even be near an under 11’s game, that showed him a yellow card today, he could possibly have had a solid hour, or more.

I agree with that.

I dont know why Sands was chosen to come on before him today, hes not good enough at centre half.

All these interviews the board are doing they keep talking about pathways for youth players, well we need Gio to stop playing Sands at cb ahead of King.

King was poor against Dundee Utd and as well as selling the goal, he struggled throughout against Tony Watt.

He's nowhere near ready for our 1st team yet.

Sands is definitely more of a defensive midfielder, but has still performed better than King in central defence and against far better opposition.

Not going to get too carried away after 45 minutes, but I thought we saw today why we brought him to the club.
A composed and effective performance, having a natural left sided centre back made the defence look far more solid. We defended corners well, and rarely looked like getting caught out with a direct ball through the middle.

Obviously taken off to make sure he starts on Tuesday.

Hope this can be the start of good things from him in a Rangers shirt.
He will need to be good on that left side of defence because barisic is targeted every single game because the opposition know he is weak not to bad going forward but something has happened that he shits his pants defending.

Everyone sees things differently during a game that’s why we’re fans and not coaches. There was many slamming Kent today after a 90 minute display that had a goal and an assist. We all see things differently.
You’re definitely not a coach.

Calm, composed, looks better in the air than previously thought. Some lovely cross field passes. After a few games he will be a mainstay. The booking was extremely harsh.

Aye I did read it

So Ben Davies plated 45mins yet better the Bassey positionly

Yes. Bassey's positioning was his biggest weakness - luckily he usually had his pace to bail him out. To be fair, it was expected, as he was a relative youngster who hadn't played too many senior games.

This thread is on initial thoughts on Ben Davies, so yes I was saying based on 45 minutes he is better than Bassey positionally. It's not that outrageous a statement - most 27 year olds who were deemed good enough to be signed by a Premier League club are generally better positionally than players with essentially one season of senior football under their belt.

I usually prefer making short, fairly obvious statements and not having to spend multiple paragraphs having to explain them, but let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Yes. Bassey's positioning was his biggest weakness - luckily he usually had his pace to bail him out. To be fair, it was expected, as he was a relative youngster who hadn't played too many senior games.

This thread is on initial thoughts on Ben Davies, so yes I was saying based on 45 minutes he is better than Bassey positionally. It's not that outrageous a statement - most 27 year olds who were deemed good enough to be signed by a Premier League club are generally better positionally than players with essentially one season of senior football under their belt.

I usually prefer making short, fairly obvious statements and not having to spend multiple paragraphs having to explain them, but let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.
Signed by Premier League clubs a take it you mean Liverpool who never played him once even when they were threadbare in cb

Your off your head thinking 45mins against hearts in which they got behind our defence more then once that his positioning is better then bassey who's just went for 20m

He brings much needed balance, his big tests will come but the difference it made to Conner not have to position the full central back line was a big enough impact.

King was poor against Dundee Utd and as well as selling the goal, he struggled throughout against Tony Watt.

He's nowhere near ready for our 1st team yet.

Sands is definitely more of a defensive midfielder, but has still performed better than King in central defence and against far better opposition.
Disagree but our opinions don't matter :)

Davies was solid and picked up a booking that was never in a million years.Had he stayed on the prick ref would have had no hesitation in sending him off.

The whole dynamics of the team changed with him playing the usual right footer on the left playing a square ball to barisic to start attacks which let other teams squeeze us is now a thing of the past he can push up more maybe even freeing up kent more the midfield can receive the ball with his breaking the lines passing the smallest tweaks can make the biggest difference excited to see more of him!

His pass to Matondo which led to the goal was world class.

He’s a ball playing centre half and could end up a great signing for us. Reminded me of Dave Smith a bit today. Keen to see more.
Putting aside the fact it wasn't his pass for a minute, you managed to spell a player's name correctly!
Two, if we include Dave Smith.

Looks every bit the CB we need and will form a formidable partnership with Goldson.

Very frustrating it’s taken this long to get him into the Team but it’s going to settle us massively just that one change.

His booking was ridiculously harsh, it just seemed like the ref took the opportunity to book one of our defenders when it wasn’t even a bad challenge, the kind the hammer throwers and them get away with all the time.
Absolutely. That is what infuriates me most about the shocking decisions refs get away with in our games.

His booking was ridiculously harsh, it just seemed like the ref took the opportunity to book one of our defenders when it wasn’t even a bad challenge, the kind the hammer throwers and them get away with all the time.
Matondo's 'foul' on Gordon was more worthy of a card than Davies

It was mentioned in commentary he missed pre season so gives an insight as to why he's taken a bit longer to feature

To early to give a proper verdict on how good he really is but I will say, on what I seen in the first half of this match it is a clear thumbs up from me, and I am looking forward to seeing if he can be the perfect partner for Goldson, ( still a great fan of Helander, shame he does not have a body like Halliday, when wearing the Rangers jersey I recall him being kicked from pillar to post but was always up and ready for the next game).

He was excellent. The only slight worry you have with him is the physical side of the game up here but on the ball and reading of the game, superb along with the balance he brings.

Tackled himself and then got booked trying to retrieve it was a big moment so if you can’t remember that then ……did you watch it
I think you might be basing your opinion on that one mistake mate.

He strolled through the game, but you are correct we all see the game differently.

But you’re talking shite :))

Back