Ben Davies

He will have to cover for Borna who runs away from wingers into our box.
Would like to see RIdvan at left back. I know Borna is good going forward but his defending is poor which puts more on to Davies pulling him out of position.
Davies along side Goldson does look good.

Davies looked assured. Needs more minutes and hopefully will stay fit and get better and better. We will need him over the next few weeks with the games coming thick and fast.

Seen a few comments criticising him in the match thread but I thought he done well. Was a bit surprised at the halftime substitutions to be honest.
I would’ve been surprised if he hadn’t been subbed at half-time given his booking and the high chance that referee would’ve used his next foul to even up the sendings off.

Feel like he should’ve got 60 mins instead of 45 when Sands is suspended for Liverpool.

Really has to get a run of games now, having 2 CBs who can pass out from the back will be incredibly beneficial.

What a difference 90 minutes makes. Davies gone from being an awful signing that is utterly useless to the saviour of our season. Almost like Lundstram last season.

Who would have thought that eh?

Don't think anyone dismissed him as "awful". More a pervading notion of confusion that he hadn't been involved given the mixed messages and our struggles in defence.

Aye I did read it

So Ben Davies plated 45mins yet better the Bassey positionly
So well put.
Are you suggesting that Ben was working in a restaurant in the second half?
You also consider Ben to be more suited to a restaurant environment than Bassey?
That’s as much as I can take from that

Easy 45 minutes for him and like many fellow posters he was unlucky to be yellow carded and I also think that's why he was taken off to stop the incompetent ref from sending him off.

No he clearly isn't a CB but he's a cracking partner for Lundstram in the making imo.

Hmm.

Bit to go.

He’s McCrorie like for me just now. Needs to do more to justify the fee.

Could be back up to Jack and Lunny though.

Hmm.

Bit to go.

Mate, c'mon. He's far better with the ball at his feet than McCrorie was or is now. He gets about the park better aswell.

No he clearly isn't a CB but he's a cracking partner for Lundstram in the making imo.
I honestly don’t see how he’s a cracking partner for Lundstram he’s played better as a CB than he has in midfield.
He’s not had a good game in the middle of the park yet unless I’ve missed something.

I honestly don’t see how he’s a cracking partner for Lundstram he’s played better as a CB than he has in midfield.
He’s not had a good game in the middle of the park yet unless I’ve missed something.

You have. He's not a CB.

Every coach and/or scout that's watched him says the same.

Hmm.

Bit to go.

Very harsh mate.

Sands is a different level to McCrorie in midfield.

Reads situations better, doesn't dive into rash challenges and is miles ahead, distribution wise.

He's also over 2 years younger.

The Manager begs to differ with you.
A fit Jack is one of the first names on the team sheet same as it was with Gerrard.

I agree we need reinforcements but Jack and Lundstram are by far our best pairing.
The bit in bold will explain to you why you are incorrect.

This will be his last season and I’ll be very surprised if he isn’t replaced in January. Sadly injury has curtailed his time with us and dramatically affected his level.

Like others have said hopefully it allows Goldson to concentrate on his own game. Could do with some big performances from the pair of them over the next few weeks

Like others have said hopefully it allows Goldson to concentrate on his own game. Could do with some big performances from the pair of them over the next few weeks
Yes, for me that's the difference he would not have to help him as much through the game as he has to with Sands.
Against Hearts, you saw at times Davies clever positioning made winning the ball easy.

The bit in bold will explain to you why you are incorrect.

This will be his last season and I’ll be very surprised if he isn’t replaced in January. Sadly injury has curtailed his time with us and dramatically affected his level.
He was MOM a couple of weeks ago against DUTD it’s taken a bit of time for him to get up to speed this season but he’s starting to show a bit of form.

We may will bring someone in January but Jack will probably still be here next season.

Kent's played more games at 10 than as an out and out winger. Is a he number 10?
What’s Kent got to do with it you said Sands isn’t a CB and an outstanding midfielder.

Sands is in the USA national team as a CB he’s played most of his career as a CB his best performances for Rangers has come as a CB he’s been largely anonymous when played in the middle of the park so how you think he’s going to all of a sudden become our star midfielder I have no idea.

I don’t think he’s good enough as a first pick in either position but he’s had a few decent games at CB.

What’s Kent got to do with it you said Sands isn’t a CB and an outstanding midfielder.

Sands is in the USA national team as a CB he’s played most of his career as a CB his best performances for Rangers has come as a CB he’s been largely anonymous when played in the middle of the park so how you think he’s going to all of a sudden become our star midfielder I have no idea.

I don’t think he’s good enough as a first pick in either position but he’s had a few decent games at CB.

Players can excel in other positions doesn't make it their best or natural position. McRorie played more games for us at CM than CB and played better at CM than his few games at CB, still doesn't make him a CM.

He plays in a 3 for the US and he's the one of the 3 who steps out into MF. We're playing a 2 more often than not. There is a tactical advantage to having 3 at the back with one that can step out of the line and join in the play. We don't get that advantage because we're defending the halfway line 90% of the time and we play with 2 sitting and he, out of all the others except Lundstram, is the most suited to being one of those 2.

Never anywhere did I say the words star midfielder. If your point is as valid as you think it is there's no need to put words into my mouth for you to argue with.

Players can excel in other positions doesn't make it their best or natural position. McRorie played more games for us at CM than CB and played better at CM than his few games at CB, still doesn't make him a CM.

He plays in a 3 for the US and he's the one of the 3 who steps out into MF. We're playing a 2 more often than not. There is a tactical advantage to having 3 at the back with one that can step out of the line and join in the play. We don't get that advantage because we're defending the halfway line 90% of the time and we play with 2 sitting and he, out of all the others except Lundstram, is the most suited to being one of those 2.

Never anywhere did I say the words star midfielder. If your point is as valid as you think it is there's no need to put words into my mouth for you to argue with.
You said he would be a cracking partner for Lundstram without him ever having a good game in CM for us.

Facts are he’s far more of a CB.

Ross McCrorie was far better In the middle of the park for us than at the back but again he’s a Utility player but what’s he got to do with it he wasn’t anywhere near good enough either.

He was MOM a couple of weeks ago against DUTD it’s taken a bit of time for him to get up to speed this season but he’s starting to show a bit of form.

We may will bring someone in January but Jack will probably still be here next season.
I highly doubt that.

Surprised he didn’t come out and play some of the second half it’s going to be a huge step up for him to play 90 minutes away to Liverpool in the Champions league just hope the Adrenaline gets him through if he indeed starts saying that I felt far more comfortable with the Goldson Davies partnership with lundstram helping out when needed which was quite a few times.

Very harsh mate.

Sands is a different level to McCrorie in midfield.

Reads situations better, doesn't dive into rash challenges and is miles ahead, distribution wise.

He's also over 2 years younger.

I think that’s harsh on McCrorie.

He’s developed really well.

Whatever the opinion, Sands isn’t worth a £\$4m fee at present.

Hopefully grows to that, but definitely not yet.

I think that’s harsh on McCrorie.

He’s developed really well.

Whatever the opinion, Sands isn’t worth a £\$4m fee at present.

Hopefully grows to that, but definitely not yet.
McCrorie’s ball retention is his biggest weakness. Playing for us you have to retain possession of the ball at all times. He far to often won it and gave it straight back.

McCrorie’s passing is poor as well. Sands significantly better than him.

McCrorie’s ball retention is his biggest weakness. Playing for us you have to retain possession of the ball at all times. He far to often won it and gave it straight back.

McCrorie’s passing is poor as well. Sands significantly better than him.

Sands isn’t exactly Hemdani at keeping it!

Agree, I don’t think McCrorie is the answer, far from it, but Sands isn’t offering me the value of 4m at present.

What a difference 90 minutes makes. Davies gone from being an awful signing that is utterly useless to the saviour of our season. Almost like Lundstram last season.

Who would have thought that eh?

To be fair, no one said awful due to ability, it was simply because he wasn't playing.

As soon as he plays we can all be encouraged that our defence has strengthened.

Sands isn’t exactly Hemdani at keeping it!

Agree, I don’t think McCrorie is the answer, far from it, but Sands isn’t offering me the value of 4m at present.
Hendami. A blast from the past. I think there is a decent player in Sands. Would like him to get a run in beside Lundstram. We need to see him play full games in natural position. He is improving a lot.

Back