Ben Foster, YouTube channel

Mitchell McCoist

Official Ticketer
Anyone else watched any of his videos? Pretty good insight into what goes on behind the scenes in the prep for matches etc and then he takes the camera into the goals with him during the game etc, it’s a level of access I’ve not really seen anywhere else, especially coming off the pitch, talking to other players etc. He comes across as a really likeable guy.

Example of one of his videos below:

Anyone else watched any of his videos? Pretty good insight into what goes on behind the scenes in the prep for matches etc and then he takes the camera into the goals with him during the game etc, it’s a level of access I’ve not really seen anywhere else, especially coming off the pitch, talking to other players etc. He comes across as a really likeable guy.

Example of one of his videos below:

Enjoyable watch. Thanks for posting.

Quite a knowledgeable guy, think he was on the Crouch podcast and came across well. Bit soft to be a top class GK but can see why old Woy liked him around the England setup

Too happy after getting a draw v bournemouth, seems like a nice guy but I wouldn't be happy with my keeper doing these videos.

Quite a knowledgeable guy, think he was on the Crouch podcast and came across well. Bit soft to be a top class GK but can see why old Woy liked him around the England setup

that’s my thought on him, even when he’s shouting at defenders etc he doesn’t really have a nasty streak or anything, he’s quite a friendly guy. Seems a pat on the back to team mates rather than a hairdryer style guy

Wonder if McGregor gives people advice on how to take penalties

That part seemed a bit random, I suppose him telling the guy his “tell” after the event isn’t likely to impact Watford. That’s one of the sections I thought, you don’t tend to hear those interactions between players

Smashing save at 7:35. Really shows how quick the game is in real life down there. It's one thing watching the TV but seeing and hearing every footstep and touch of the ball really hammers it home. Interesting at the end he shared the striker's "tell" of stepping slightly to his left meaning he'd put it to the keeper's left. Shows the level of attention to detail and professionalism these guys have even at the 'not quite the top' level.

Enjoyed that. Love to see insight like this. Was a midweek night home game for Watford and it looks like they stayed over in a hotel or met early on morning of game for breakfast then stayed together for whole day. Prepraration!

Watched all the episodes today. Really enjoyed them all, even the cycling ones.

I’ll watch anything to do with behind the scenes stuff at an elite club and this is great. Hope he continues it!

If he didn’t have a dodgy back he would have made it at Man Utd. Came to Birmingham and won the carling cup. Even a year or so ago he was still England’s best keeper

Good on him, heard the EFL are going after him for a breach of rules. Hopefully they can come to an agreement where he donates the proceeds to charity or something.

Seems like a brilliant guy
Some
Great stories about him being an out and out good Guy. He was on the way home from a game and spotted an old guy walking along a dual carriageway. He turned around a mile up the road and went back looking for him, he found him in a ditch.
Turns out the old boy had started to show signs of early dementia and had gotten into difficulty after watching Watford.
BF and his wife contacted his family and drove him to a relatives house. He also pays for the old boy and a relative’s season tickets.

Kiko Femenia must hate having to listen to every game. He’s seems to the only one that get shouted at in every video.

Down in instalments for that Blackburn goal. Seems like an alright fella.

As an aside, it just shows you the amount of dough swirling about down there. Watford stay in a hotel before home matches? I know that we have done this from time to time in years gone by, but I would have thought that additional costs like these might have been paused during the Covid impacted season.

Unless the hotel is club owned of course. Anyone know what the Watford setup is for definite?

Down in instalments for that Blackburn goal. Seems like an alright fella.

As an aside, it just shows you the amount of dough swirling about down there. Watford stay in a hotel before home matches? I know that we have done this from time to time in years gone by, but I would have thought that additional costs like these might have been paused during the Covid impacted season.

Unless the hotel is club owned of course. Anyone know what the Watford setup is for definite?

Would imagine they are currently still benefiting from the EPL relegation payment which will permit them to continue an EPL level of experience while cutting back some playing costs

Back