Benfica collapse last 6 games.

Funny you say that. I remeber posting a thread saying that the league was not over and getting a solid four pages of abuse. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you said I must have been on drugs?

I’m pretty sure that’s because you seemed to think there was a good chance we were actually going to pull it back as opposed to a small glimmer of hope.

There isn’t many big names in their team and I believe that they sold quite a few of their main players throughout the last year. It’s been a shame, massive team in Portugal.

Find it bizarre people on here saying that they couldn't see us closing the gap, based apparently on the form of the teams before the shutdown.

No-one knows how each team would have reacted and performed had we restarted after a long break and finished the league. Literally anything could have happened and anyone saying otherwise is taking a very narrow view of the reality of the situation imo. This is exactly why Lawwell did what he does best, by identifying potetial problems early and embarking on his usual crisis management technique of getting out in front of them early, controlling the narrative and shutting down any avenue deemed hazardous to them. Ie null and void off the table and shoehorning the rest of us down the path of ending the league asap instead of waiting to see if it could be fnished on the pitch.

If Lawwell was scared of restarting the league, and he clearly was, then even he knew he couldn't assume anything. So why do some folk on here think anything was a formality? It certainly wasn't. All bets were off.

Back