Benfica fans heading to Frankfurt, end up in the wrong Frankfurt

Reminds me of the time a bunch of mentally challengeds turned up to highfield road to see them play Coventry, not realising they moved to the ricoh arena years before.

when i first moved to germany the van bringing my stuff over did the same thing. Called me saying they were near Frankfurt and wanted directions , after much discussion they spotted a sign for Frankfurt Oder - over 7 hours drive for where i was.

Mate was standing beside 2 bears in Villarreal who had done the same. They had to leave just after half time as they had to drive back to the other one for flight home o_O:))

Was there not a squad of Atletico Madrid fans that flew to Budapest instead of Bucharest?

400 Athletico Bilbao fans missed out on a final after chartering a plane to take them to Budapest instead of Bucharest.

Met a couple of guys in villarreal the first time, who had went to vilareal in the North of Spain, they had to hire a car, and then had to leave at half time to make their flight home, they were not happy

In the early Eighties a bus of Yahoos in Germany for a pre season ended up at a stadium where a special athletics competition for disabled folk was being held, miles from where they should have been.

I knew a group of dhims who hitch hiked to Spain for the uefa cup final, and they ended up in salou instead of Seville.

My mates ex was going on a hen doo a few years ago in Newcastle and a few of them went down in the car, 6 hours later they arrived confused in Newcastle Under Lyme.

When we were going to villarreal from Barcelona with the QSTB bus the driver pulled up at the stadium in Castellón and announced we had arrived. Luckily we weren't far away and had plenty of time to get to villarreal

My mate went to the old Firs Park in Falkirk instead of Brockville just because he saw the floodlights on.
Bigger problem here is that we were playing!
Well, he wasn’t.

Seem to recall Graham Roberts being invited to a function in Johnstone but got his bearings wrong and ended up in Perth at the St Johnstone supporters club, maybe wrong tho

Got some sympathy. We can all fck up travel arrangements when sipping the vino.

Booked flights to Bilbao last year for the Villarreal game. 8 hour hire car drive to ‘El Madrigal’ at the other end.

Incidentally ‘cafe Villarreal’ is in Bilbao, but google maps doesn’t mitigate for the drunk, excited, Rangers fan on his first euro trip.

There’s two glenshees in Scotland... who knew? I didn’t as in the 90’s me and a mate turned up in this village in the middle of nowhere, with a bunch of ski gear.

Met a couple of guys in villarreal the first time, who had went to vilareal in the North of Spain, they had to hire a car, and then had to leave at half time to make their flight home, they were not happy

At least we were winning and heading for the quarters when they left...

There's also 2 Frankfurt airports!!
We booked for Stuttgart game in 2007, travelling via Frankfurt.
Not realising that there were 2, we had booked to fly to Frankfurt-Hahn & not the main airport - about 90 mins away from Frankfurt train station - where we were getting a lift on supporters bus!
Luckily we got there just in time but with no time to spare!

I once ended up in Cheadle Cheshire, not Staffordshire, trying to go to Alton Towers.

It was a Saturday and England had been playing. Some bast@rd tried to commit suicide by jumping in front of my car. Thankfully he was really pissed and got his distances muddled, giving me time to avoid.

Back