Benfica Interested in Kamara?

BasileBoliSoup

Whats with everyone thinking 28/29 is old? Those are peak years for a footballer
It's not the case that it's old. If we plan to make money on players and become as close to self sufficient as we can we need to sell players when it makes sense to.
Generally you'll get more money for a player at their peak (age, performance and remaining contract) than someone beyond it.

NHAMPTON_BEAR

Great to see some under value our players from the get go. It’s a compliment to have them show interest in our players.
I trust Ross Wilson and the gaffer to know the value of our players, cause it’s clear as day that some on here don’t.

Barisic's Bandage

Another thing regarding Glen. His contract is up in 2023 so if do not sell him this summer, we need to get him tied down to a longer contract to protect his value to us.

Careca

Our best player in Europe this season imo.

Watch the under valuation on here begin. Players like him are going for crazy money (to us.)

Thankfully we will no longer be under selling and I think he will break the Scottish record when he goes.

Use Benfica to get the price up as he’ll go to the EPL. I wouldn’t give that manager the time of day.

Last edited:

Craig McColl

He probably won't be the only 1 sold this summer imo. Morelos if we get close to what Lille last summer will be away and Borna will be 28 next year if we get a decent offer for him he'll be off as well.

Haveblue

Listening to talk sport this morning on the way to work and they are talking about Man Utd needing a Kante type player. Kamara would be perfect in that role and if he got a move to a team like that he has the potential to become as good if not better than your Kante, Verrati type.

Euro Scooter

The source is a kid with too much time on his hands, needing a break between tugs.

Even so, I imagine Benfica, along with many major European sides, have had a wee admiring look at Kamara.

Don't think he'll fit their signing profile come the summer though. He'll go for too much.

Bangersbc

Exactly.

This isn't a guy who has had one or two good performances, it's being a standout against top teams regularly for both us and Finland. If a team want him then they'll pay the top dollar he's worth.

Agreed. Showing up very well in Europe for club and country and a fantastic pedigree having graduated from the Arsenal academy (which even still is very well respected.

Bids below £20m shouldn't be entertained

Barrymoped

There will be a big player sale in the summer no question
I think this much is obvious.

The board have been magnificent but our current business model is totally unsustainable.
We need to make at least 1 big player sale most years to keep our current spending levels up.

I believe in Eli

He's been magnificent, he stands out a mile, particularly in Europe and international games. I would imagine several clubs will be after him, we should be looking for top dollar. But only in the summer. I dont want to lose him but sadly that is the model we will need to adopt.

hms

Kamara for me is a £25 million pound player, he’s just turned 25, has 3 years left on his contract and is only going to get better.

I don’t want him going anywhere and we’ve no need to sell so it’s up to a buying club to give us a price that makes us unable to turn down. Anything below £25 million doesn’t do that.

Strathbungo Bear

Financially we have stretched ourselves to win 55 and stop the phoney 9.75 in a row, this has been achieved by the generosity and commitment of the Directors. But the directors don't have limitless funds so at the end of this season we will have to sell one or two major assets and only reinvest a fraction of that money in new players. Take your pick of one or two from Alfie, Roofe, Kent, Kamara and possibly Borna to go. That's football, but I have real confidence in our coaching team recruiting and developing replacements. I am more worried about getting extensions in place for Goldson, Tav and some of the talent coming through our academy than I am about selling major assets who have been put on display against top European sides.

Euro Scooter

Kamara for me is a £25 million pound player, he’s just turned 25, has 3 years left on his contract and is only going to get better.

I don’t want him going anywhere and we’ve no need to sell so it’s up to a buying club to give us a price that makes us unable to turn down. Anything below £25 million doesn’t do that.

That's the great thing with the way we've built a squad full of value. We need to sell someone but it could be any one of five or six players, so we don't need to sell ourselves short.

Reactions: hms

IrvineLoyal

Seriously how good is Kamara now.

He could easily walk into Benfica team and not look out of place.

I think a move abroad rather than to the EPL would suit him better.

Help us win league and then get £15m for him job done

chosen few

Kamara has been a fantastic signing, I think he was a little overawed when he first signed but has just gotten better and better he has cut out the blind passes he made when he first signed, I agree he will probably be gone in the summer and we bought Zungu for this eventuality but he would be a snip for someone at 15 million in todays market, still cannot believe we got a full internationalist for 50 grand, surely one of our best ever bits of business, he can go after 55 with my greatest respect and thanks.

KGR98

Has to be £20 million plus but I'd rather wait and see if Lille come back in for Morelos

ronadamus_prime

I reckon we'll sell a few players this summer. Especially if we win the title. A few of them will likely feel like they can further their careers elsewhere. Kamara has been in Scotland for quite a while, he maybe fancies a challenge in a new league. That's pure speculation on my part of course but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

This sucks to hear, but we really do need to take the next step and begin selling players for our business model to workout. Alfredo Morelos wins a title this year and his form picks up, he'll likely go in the summer. I wouldn't be surprised to see us sell one more and would not be surprised if that was Kamara, especially after the damage Covid has done. I love them both and would love for both to hang around a while longer but it's how we replace them that matters most to me. I'd sooner sell Kamara than say Goldson. We win the league we'll get bids from all over the place and for a lot of our squad. Barisic is another one I expect will gain a lot of interest, especially, if Croatia have a strong Euros.

We cant keep talking about our 'business model' and then not actually sell any of the assets. I know we'll hopefully have Champions League football by then, but all of these internationalists that we are so fond of, some of them could still be playing while those qualifiers are taking place in the summer.

ICA_86

I reckon we'll sell a few players this summer. Especially if we win the title. A few of them will likely feel like they can further their careers elsewhere. Kamara has been in Scotland for quite a while, he maybe fancies a challenge in a new league. That's pure speculation on my part of course but it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

This sucks to hear, but we really do need to take the next step and begin selling players for our business model to workout. Alfredo Morelos wins a title this year and his form picks up, he'll likely go in the summer. I wouldn't be surprised to see us sell one more and would not be surprised if that was Kamara, especially after the damage Covid has done. I love them both and would love for both to hang around a while longer but it's how we replace them that matters most to me. I'd sooner sell Kamara than say Goldson. We win the league we'll get bids from all over the place and for a lot of our squad. Barisic is another one I expect will gain a lot of interest, especially, if Croatia have a strong Euros.

We cant keep talking about our 'business model' and then not actually sell any of the assets. I know we'll hopefully have Champions League football by then, but all of these internationalists that we are so fond of, some of them could still be playing while those qualifiers are taking place in the summer.
Correct, but the fans can’t act like babies when these players are eventually sold.

interbear

There will be a big player sale in the summer no question

In all likelihood you are correct but if we win the league and qualify for the CL that may persuade a few players to stay on for another year. Not to mention the gaffer.

I think Kamara would excel in the CL and would much rather keep him.