Benfica Interested in Kamara?

I'd prefer we keep him if that's what he wants. Gerrard and his staff are turning our players into superstars.
I think we can become a really top side if we hold on to our best players into next season when hopefully we are playing CL football.

We are building, we haven't yet proved we are a selling club, I hope if we can afford to, hold on to all our main players for as long as we possibly can. Certainly until we reach our goal of the CL.
Champions League money is enough to ensure we don’t have to sell. It depends on what offers we receive and whether we can qualify.

If we can further strengthen by selling then, for the right price, we will sell.

Impossible task to replace him at that price. You don’t unearth many players like him for that sort of money.
We had already signed him on a pre contract, we only paid the 50 grand to get him early.
I agree though, it's a tall order to get similar on pre contract or small fee.
I did say though his potential replacement would cost a couple of million.

Im not sure how we can have undervalued our players when we’ve not sold any. If anything we must be valuing our players above market value and that’s why we’ve not agreed price with anyone.
I was talking about fans under valuing, the club are doing right by standing by their valuations.

Champions League money is enough to ensure we don’t have to sell. It depends on what offers we receive and whether we can qualify.

If we can further strengthen by selling then, for the right price, we will sell.
Totally agree mate. The day is approaching when we become a club which sells and buys big.
Can't wait, but for now we have to hold on for another year or two...if we can afford to.

Exactly my thoughts. Morelos wants away, there’s no doubt. It’s just about getting the right offer. Barisic is now 28. We won’t get big bucks for him for much longer, and Bassey looks like a great replacement, though I don’t think he will deliver the assists Borna does. Kamara the next obvious one, given his form and the fact we currently have a lot of midfielders.

Disagree with this he’s got 5/6 years ahead of him and only just coming into his peak. He’s a Croatian international he’ll retain his value for years yet.

Totally agree mate. The day is approaching when we become a club which sells and buys big.
Can't wait, but for now we have to hold on for another year or two...if we can afford to.
I think CL qualification next year would be a huge game changer. Would move us to another level.

Think at this stage there are many variables as to what may happen with transfers.

I think much depends on us winning the league this season, or not.

If we do it may be that we keep our squad intact to give us best opportunity to qualify for CL group stage money. Failure to qualify, I would expect, would likely see a requirement to sell somebody.

Also, we must consider players' age and the effect that would have on their future value, e.g. Barisic, Goldson 28 next summer, Tav, 29.

Also, do we already have a replacement, perhaps Bassey could step up to replace Borna for example.

And most of all, depends on if we actually receive offers, and if so, for whom, and the amount.

We can’t afford to ‘hold on’ for another two years without a big sale.

People are talking about CL qualification as if it’s a given - it’s really not.

We’ll probably be looking at selling a key player big funds and replacing them once a season from next year onwards.

I think CL qualification next year would be a huge game changer. Would move us to another level.
Would work both ways then and that's where we want to be. Good players wanting to come to Rangers as others moving on for big fees.

Gerrard dealing in that scenario is mouth watering stuff for us all and I think that's the level Gerrard wants to take us to and will.

We can’t afford to ‘hold on’ for another two years without a big sale.

People are talking about CL qualification as if it’s a given - it’s really not.

We’ll probably be looking at selling a key player big funds and replacing them once a season from next year onwards.
Mate, I've been thinking that too when we splashed out on Kent then this season bringing in the likes of Roofe and Itten thought Alfie was a certainty to go. But no he's still here.
Who knows.

They can get him on the cheap at £25m in jan or risk a bidding war after the summer. A European class player that would stand out for any top team

Whats with everyone thinking 28/29 is old? Those are peak years for a footballer
It's not the case that it's old. If we plan to make money on players and become as close to self sufficient as we can we need to sell players when it makes sense to.
Generally you'll get more money for a player at their peak (age, performance and remaining contract) than someone beyond it.

Great to see some under value our players from the get go. It’s a compliment to have them show interest in our players.
I trust Ross Wilson and the gaffer to know the value of our players, cause it’s clear as day that some on here don’t.

Another thing regarding Glen. His contract is up in 2023 so if do not sell him this summer, we need to get him tied down to a longer contract to protect his value to us.

Our best player in Europe this season imo.

Watch the under valuation on here begin. Players like him are going for crazy money (to us.)

Thankfully we will no longer be under selling and I think he will break the Scottish record when he goes.

Use Benfica to get the price up as he’ll go to the EPL. I wouldn’t give that manager the time of day.

Last edited:
He probably won't be the only 1 sold this summer imo. Morelos if we get close to what Lille last summer will be away and Borna will be 28 next year if we get a decent offer for him he'll be off as well.

The source is a kid with too much time on his hands, needing a break between tugs.

Even so, I imagine Benfica, along with many major European sides, have had a wee admiring look at Kamara.

Don't think he'll fit their signing profile come the summer though. He'll go for too much.

Exactly.

This isn't a guy who has had one or two good performances, it's being a standout against top teams regularly for both us and Finland. If a team want him then they'll pay the top dollar he's worth.

Agreed. Showing up very well in Europe for club and country and a fantastic pedigree having graduated from the Arsenal academy (which even still is very well respected.

Bids below £20m shouldn't be entertained

There will be a big player sale in the summer no question
I think this much is obvious.

The board have been magnificent but our current business model is totally unsustainable.
We need to make at least 1 big player sale most years to keep our current spending levels up.

He's been magnificent, he stands out a mile, particularly in Europe and international games. I would imagine several clubs will be after him, we should be looking for top dollar. But only in the summer. I dont want to lose him but sadly that is the model we will need to adopt.

Kamara for me is a £25 million pound player, he’s just turned 25, has 3 years left on his contract and is only going to get better.

I don’t want him going anywhere and we’ve no need to sell so it’s up to a buying club to give us a price that makes us unable to turn down. Anything below £25 million doesn’t do that.

Back