Benfica Interested in Kamara?

I bet when we start selling for top
Dollar , the mentally challengeds will say the wages and transfer fee in deal combined :D

I don't think any of our regular squad players can leave before the end of the season mate.

We will have to sell one then, as that has to be the business model of our club going forward.

I'd prefer it wasn't Kamara this summer though.
Whilst I agree with you in principle about the potential of selling Kamara next summer,historically players' values tend to peak after a successful international tournament.
There may be a knock on effect financially which counters that effect from covid to some extent this time right enough but Time will tell I suppose.

I thought last season he would have been one of the easiest players to replace but I've sure as he'll changed my opinion this season alright.

He's been outstanding.

GK is a talent and like many, I expect him to play at the very top level of the game at some point.

Never easy to see any of our best players leave but imo if balanced correctly this model of develop/improve and sell on will eventually lead to more young talent in a similar position to what GK found himself him viewing us as there preferred destination.

Summer will be interesting. I suspect there will be serious interest in Goldson, Kamara, Barasic, Kent and possibly Morelos and it'll be up to the manager and board who stays, who goes and who comes in.
Gerrard will want to try the CL, but the board will want money in to reduce losses. I think Kamara and Barasic will go for £30+m and Morelos will go if we get offered at least £ 15m (Roofe will make his sale more likely).

Whilst I agree with you in principle about the potential of selling Kamara next summer,historically players' values tend to peak after a successful international tournament.
There may be a knock on effect financially which counters that effect from covid to some extent this time right enough but Time will tell I suppose.

I thought last season he would have been one of the easiest players to replace but I've sure as he'll changed my opinion this season alright.

He's been outstanding.

I agree with what you're saying mate, but you could possibly counter that with a shop window season in the Champions League, if we make the group stages.

That would be a fantastic stage for Kamara.

I think there will be 2 big players sold this Summer. Morelos and either Barasic or Kamara. I think Morelos and Barasic would get us at least 30m which would set us up well for a potential UCL campaign. My preference would be to hold onto Kamara as he would be the most effective of the 3 against higher calibre teams.
Hard to think of a player to replace Barisic but I have faith in our scouting department given their recent record. They'd also likely have a decent bit more to spend.

We need to substantially increase our revenue next season if we want to balance the books. To do it without selling a player, we would need to qualify for the CL. No CL would mean a player definitely had to go.

If I could hand pick 1 or 2 that we should get decent money for I would pick Morelos and Barisic to go. We should get in excess of 20m for both of them and we have ready made replacements in Bassey, Itten and Roofe already on the books for them. That simply has to be our model going forward anyone with a basic understanding of Finance can look at our Financial Results and understand the current model simply isn't sustainable.

Kamara is potentially the player in our squad with the highest ceiling. He could grace any league in Europe and not look out of place. I don't want to lose him because Davis and Arfield are getting on and Jack is in his late 20s now as well and a little bit injury prone but we might not be able to hold Kamara back any longer than this season. He's had tons of teams looking really closely at him for a while now.
I really don't think we get 20m for Barasic DB. I'd love it but I don't see it due to his age.

We'd need to give him a new contract for that scenario MU. He'd only have a year left after next season.
MU's point is a very valid one,the thought of Kamara in the CL for us is mouth watering.
If we managed to only sell Alfie by making the group stages of the CL and hang onto all our other first teamers that would be a fantastic scenario imo.

I think tying Tav and Goldson up on longer deals is crucial though,that's my biggest concern at the moment tbh.

I cannot think of a team on the planet that Glen Kamara couldn't fit into and do a useful seamless job.
Not one.

Where do people get their values from?

Here is a player schooled at Arsenal, an imternational standout at club and country level who is doing so against midfielders worth tens of millions who hasnt yet hit his prime.

£20m before we even get round the table.

It's fine, I'm relaxed about it

BUT...their summer spree has dictated that negotiations begin - begin - at £15m AFTER deductions for agents fees, sell on clauses etc.

We have no reason to be bullied into anything. We dictate terms.

Off topic from the thread, but you wonder just how far Barca’s fall will be post-Messi.
Will be similar to how they were post Rijkaard.

No Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Pedro, Messi, Valdes, Pique coming through now to compliment Ronaldinho, Deco and Messi.

They could be also rans for years they no longer have the structure, youth products or status of manager to recover imo.

Will be similar to how they were post Rijkaard.

No Iniesta, Xavi, Puyol, Pedro, Messi, Valdes, Pique coming through now to compliment Ronaldinho, Deco and Messi.

They could be also rans for years they no longer have the structure, youth products or status of manager to recover imo.
The plan such as it is is to 'win' the election with good guys, then hire Xavi and replicate the Pep era. They have no cash and want to go back to youth system and scouting.

I reckon there will be clubs attempt to steals match in January and offer £20m
I think Rangers will hold off particularly with Kamara and Barisic as good Euros for both will increase the value but I don't doubt they will both go in the summer.

Barisic I reckon will go to Italy and Kamara to England.

We had already signed him on a pre contract, we only paid the 50 grand to get him early.
I agree though, it's a tall order to get similar on pre contract or small fee.
I did say though his potential replacement would cost a couple of million.
Yeah I was agreeing with you. Even at a few million could be tough to replace.

What a gem he is.

Never going to happen ie 30m spend We need to keep an eye on costs, the wages are creeping up again.
It could be the last spend to push for the CL group but if we need to keep some then fair enough. Either way I trust our recruitment to get what we need.

A good euros for kamara and barisic and we should add a good bit on to their price. Shouldnt be looking to sell before then unless its for silly money. Bidding should start at £25m for kamara and £16m for barisic....good euros and add £5m to each.

Much will depend on how he does for Finland.
If he has a good Euros, then £20m minimum will be the number.
Davis will need replacing but if you give the management team £10m, I am confident they will acquire an equally good replacement for both Davis and Kamara.
However, Glen may stay if we have qualify for the Champions League.

I really don't think we get 20m for Barasic DB. I'd love it but I don't see it due to his age.

I meant combined for him and Alfie mate. Reading back the post I can see why you thought I meant for each of them though:D

Borna is one I'd look to move on due to his age. His value is only going to decrease after this season due to his age.

Bassey looks like a terrific prospect and has plenty of years ahead of him.

That needs to be our model going forward.

Rafa Silva cost them £21:6m and Pizzi was £18m. Kamara in my opinion a much more effective player so start the bidding at £22m at the very least.

Borna is the one to sell next summer due to his age, last chance to maximise profit. Morelos will probably move on too. Kamara should stick about for another year for the champions league

2bc6c1761baa4f7b45370efcf62233bb.jpg

I meant combined for him and Alfie mate. Reading back the post I can see why you thought I meant for each of them though:D

Borna is one I'd look to move on due to his age. His value is only going to decrease after this season due to his age.

Bassey looks like a terrific prospect and has plenty of years ahead of him.

That needs to be our model going forward.
My bad

If kamara leaves in summer i reckon d Johnson of Preston or lundstrum sorry about spelling of Sheffield will replace him

A £9,950,000 profit at the minimum is no bad tbf.
You're correct of course but we would be shortchanging ourselves by a staggering amount.
The days of selling players for buttons are well gone and the whole Morelos situation has proved that to be the case.
Players like Kamara would walk into most teams and that type of player doesn't come cheap.
Any club wanting to table a bid for any of our players had better look at the Morelos situation and understand that the offer needs to be astronomical to the extent we can't say no.

Also, if we potentially reach the champions league, I can't see many players wanting to leave, if at all. Who in their right mind wants to leave Rangers? pretty much every player that has left us has stated afterward of their regret. You may leave Rangers but your heart stays.

Back