Benfica manager’s quote about us

Gerrard didnt look happy with Rui Costa in his face at full time, wonder what they were saying. possibly Rui Costa building bridges?
It looked like Gerrard said to him "walk on mate" when the guy took his face in his hands, but my stream cut off just then, thought I was missing a scrap about to start!

nDhmpaX.jpg

He has a very good team, but he needs to think how good would they be against Bayern, Barca, Liverpool. His face would be even more glum.

He’s praising us on Benfica Official site, just as he did after the first game.

After the first game he says we were technically and tactically excellent and was very impressed with the way we utilised our full backs.

Yeah don't see much wrong with what he says. It is a bit lost in translation.

The first line really should translate as "We didn't play against just any team", he is trying to compliment us.
Wasting your time, we have some that love to be offended. We aren't a European giant, we area team from a backwater league that punches above its weight.

Think what he says wasn't offensive.

Wasting your time, we have some that love to be offended. We aren't a European giant, we area team from a backwater league that punches above its weight.

Think what he says wasn't offensive.

Exactly, half of the arguments on this forum could be avoided with a bit of rational thought instead of falling for a headline or taking an OPs opinion as fact.

Is he saying those were our only 2 shots at goal?

According to the BBC, we had 8 shots with 6 on target.

No wonder Gerrard looked like he thought the guy was a dick.

We'd 6 shots on target, they had 2.

We also had a stonewall penalty turned down.

Selective memory from their manager.
They were fortunate to get a point.

Having said that, I don't think he meant anything offensive about our club.

It looked like Gerrard said to him "walk on mate" when the guy took his face in his hands, but my stream cut off just then, thought I was missing a scrap about to start!

it looked a bit like rui costa was being that wee annoying drunk guy that wont leave you alone in the pub. it never came to anything, they embraced and parted ways.

Não jogámos contra uma equipa qualquer, não queiram fazer do Rangers uma equipazinha. Não é uma grande equipa da Europa, como é óbvio, mas temos de perceber que os outros também jogam e têm valor No ano passado ganhou a duas das melhores equipas do nosso campeonato. Sabíamos que seria um jogo difícil, fizeram-nos dois golos nos dois remates à baliza. Voltámos a ter aquilo que é muito importante, para além da técnica e tática.

We didn't play against any team, don't want to make Rangers a little team. It is not a great team from Europe, of course, but we must realize that the others also play and have value Last year they won two of the best teams in our league. We knew it would be a difficult game, they scored two goals in both shots on goal. We returned to having what is very important, in addition to technique and tactics.

‘It is not a great team from Europe.’ Prick!
Someone tuck his lip back in will they l

To be fair to the old prick he was pretty complimentary before the first game and hasn't said much wrong here.

They had two attempts to beat us and failed both times.

Although I think perhaps what he really meant has been lost in translation

They had two attempts to beat us and failed both times.

Although I think perhaps what he really meant has been lost in translation

It has.

And two pages in, people are still throwing their toys out of the pram about Benfica's manager praising us. He was being almost entirely positive and even stated that they had to get back to playing near their best to get a draw because we are a good team.

We also seem to have a lot of mysteriously arrogant posters abusing him for something he didn't do. Jorge Jesus is not Rui Costa. Costa was the one playing the twat at the end of the game.

On paper, they should be hammering us. Truth is though, we actually deserved more than 2 points over the 2 games. I honestly think we can beat any team in the Europa now.

We're a good European side, and we've achieved that status in 2 years. Incredible.
When you look back at that game v Leverkusen, September I think it was, we have progressed enormously since then. I certainly couldn’t have predicted that level of improvement. Long may it continue.

Won't pay any attention to the ramblings of a scruffy old tramp that I've never heard of. Sour grapes from the cnut.

When you look back at that game v Leverkusen, September I think it was, we have progressed enormously since then. I certainly couldn’t have predicted that level of improvement. Long may it continue.
Think that is a really good point. When you contrast the performance against Leverkusen to last night we are a totally different team. The passing and movement, the shape of the team, the discipline all so much better.

Gerrard has taken some really good results from Europe we have an impressive set of scalps. We have drawn home and away against Benfica, a team that has been in the UCL group stage every year for last ten seasons. Also knocked out Glatassaray. This season alone.

To me that is a good measure of progress.

Reads to me like he’s trying to cover his derrière. The quip about Rangers not being a Euro superpower more or less confirms that.

Assuming that we manage to get qualified next week, and despite feeling slightly deflated at not keeping them sufficiently at arms length in order to collect maximum points over the two games, we are still a work in progress at the European level.

I look forward to seeing what the management can achieve if we manage to win the league and hopefully gain access to as much money as it’s possible to earn as I don’t think that we will be too far away from being a real crack outfit. That’s not to say that we aren’t good and getting better currently. I just feel that with another year of progression under our belts, we can go on to become a significant force.

Hes right it's not a great team in europe.

It's the BEST in the world.

Remind me of that fat Croat a couple of years ago who we nicked Borna from.

I'm just glad we're top of our section and the mentally challengeds got humped again..on the bright side timmy (if your snooping )improvement on shipping your customary seven

Back